+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How should I spend the last few points in this build?

Champion of Telara

Default How should I spend the last few points in this build?

It has been really strong in PvP up to the mid 40s and I plan to continue doing some PvP with it. I really like the big Lightning Strike crits off of Opportunity, and get a whole lot of kills with it. But I am trying to decide whether I should go into more Warlock offensive abilities like Neddra's Influence and Radiate Death or just put the rest of my points into Elemental Link for the 8% passive damage reduction.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z....fx0VzqVgo.Vzc

Telaran

Shadow life for sure.

The rest is up to how you want to play this build. It looks like you are going chloro only for the instant heals and ruin, Ele just for the improved lightning strike. Since you are going heavy lock for damage all the rest of the points should go there. If you want to AOE then put the remaining three points into Neddra's grasp, radiate death and 1 into Neddra's influence. Heck, i would even suggest dropping 1 point out of vitality and 1 point out of warlock armor to get the full 3 in Influence. This will make your AOE dots hurt more.

If you want to play this spec for more single target then 2 or 3 in Influence (to improve defile and dark touch) and consider moving some points out of Warlock armour and into Magical Affinity because you will be eating up charge (keeping defile up is a priority in attempting to do single target dps with lock, plus you have entropic veil and mortality)

Does this help?

Champion of Telara

Yes, thank you! I had not considered Defile so much since I haven't had it yet. I wonder if I should take my points out of Void Bolt and put them there, since I rarely if ever end up spamming Void Bolt in PvP. I definitely prefer single target damage, but want to keep the option of a little AoE available, but I could see Neddras being useful to both. How much does it process for in the real world? The tool tip says 22 dmg per action taken.

Telaran

neddra's grasp is underwhelming but since you can spread it and darktouch across the battle field with radiate death it does have an effect. For single target it is probably not as effective as a void bolt though I haven't tested it. Improved void bolt is a must for a lock heavy single target pvp spec in my opinion. Can hit pretty hard and is not that long a cast. Once your dots are on and instants used up there is not much else to do but spam void bolt.

+ Reply to Thread