+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Stormcaller spell?

Exclamation New Stormcaller spell?

Shock
    Instant

Deals X lightning damage to target enemy and adds one stack of Electrify.
    If the target is affected by Hypothermia, Shock adds an additional stack of Electrify.

-----

Such a spell would increase the effective usage of Ride the Wind as well as have the potential of building Electrify faster. This Reduces setup time and increases mobility without actually buffing any numbers. It will also justify the 2 min cd to instant cast hypo spells (AB).

I dont see this as an overshot in any deptartment and I'm not even addressing or considering elec stacks being dispelled. In the current game build of SC I think this spell will really help the soul in PvP.

p.s. Shock should deal slightly less damage than Thunderbolt as Shock is intended as a mobile option.

Rift Disciple

Needs a cooldown. As much as it sucks, all offensive abilities that add stacks of electrify must either be passive with an ICD, casted, or on cooldown. The soul has too much damage to allow it to be completely mobile. It's already fully mobile after 3s - Raging Storm, Ice Shear, then run around spamming cloudburst.

Where do you get that.from? Thunderbolt is a 1.5 cast with no cooldown and Raging Storm is a 3 second channel that adds a stack each second (faster than TB), same for Lightming Storm.

The only non chamneled Elec builder is Thunderbolt. If Shock does less dmg than Thunderbolt AND requires Hypothermia to get the bonus stack than I see no justification for a cooldown.

Most of the SC spells dont have cooldowns because they require setup. Also you can only Cloudburst for so long before you have to refresh Elec and our burst comes in the form of.LB which is still a 2 second cast that isnt worth casting without 3 stacks elec + sheer.

+ Reply to Thread