+ Reply to Thread

Thread: slightly overwhelmed

Soulwalker

Default slightly overwhelmed

Evening fellow Telarians,

As a new player to Rift but a WoW veteran, I thought it's time to begin a fresh start away from healing or tanking and just focus on dpsing for once. And being a sucker for ranged dps it is no doubt that I belong here.
    Now moving on to my question, I know the fastest and probably easiest way to level would be going with the necro/lock souls. Before I make a decision I wanted to hear what you guys recommend to someone who's main focus is PvEing and running dungeons/raids.. y'know the whole point of MMORPGS? socializing! I know there's no definite answer and the best one would probably be "play whatever you enjoy most" and that's what im planning on doing but an opinion from the side never hurts anybody. So to keep a long story short, what souls combo deals a significant awesome amount of dmg either single target or AOE and which would you recommend for running in groups?

Thanks for your time boys and girls,

PissingFish out
    Last edited by PissingFish; 08-09-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Ascendant

For running dungeons, what you'll want is a spec that has a way of quickly regaining lost mana as well as good sustainability. Most souls with at least 30 points in Warlock are very reliable. 32 points in Elementalist is also a viable choice for a support soul. Stormcaller, Pyromancer and Necromancer (Warlock only) depends on your flavor.

For raiding, Stormcaller/Elementalist is a great catch-all spec. Each encounter has souls that are better depending on the situation, so you'll eventually learn to adapt once you experience each one.

Necrolock is unbeatable for leveling and soloing, and isnt bad for endgame PvE either.

Stormcaller+Elementalist is the number 1 AOE spec in the game, with respectable single target dps.

Pyro+Elementalist is your standard single target stand and spam nuke machine.

For the best guides and info, checkout Bluedots' website:

http://bluedots.org
    Last edited by Disasterpiece1; 08-09-2011 at 03:48 PM.

Soulwalker

Cheers guys for the quick replies keep the opinions comin!

Quote Originally Posted by PissingFish View Post
    Cheers guys for the quick replies keep the opinions comin!
    For leveling: Necrolock. Stormcaller chloro is alright for survivability whilst leveling, as mentioned in Bluedot's guide.

For dungeons, dps, aoe: stormcaller+elementalist. For dungeons single target: necrolock, or for easymode single dps: pyromancer+elementalist.

As a mage you always have the option of healing too. Speaking in terms of being a level 50 when you get there, you'll have two main healing specs - 51 chloro and 15 in whatever you want for tank healing, or 34 chloro 32 lock for raid group healing.

tl;dr: sc ele has the highest aoe dps in the game (well the newest update cabalist clerics may compete), single target is more down to personal preference. I prefer necrolock, but pyroele and sc ele performs well too.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

i've always wanted to play as a mage but i'm worried about pulling in a whole gang from using AoE spells. i find a rogue doing the most dps for me personally. i'm ranger, marksman, and saboteur atm and it's pretty amazing. most of the points are invested into ranger and then marks/sab. i'm kind of lazy moving around trying to avoid damage/aoe; i prefer gluing my rogue to one position and firing away my bow or rifle + throwing charges/bombs from a good distance all the while my pet's a 'tank' magnet.
    Romans 12:21 ::

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good

+ Reply to Thread