+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 300 More SP and SO "nerf" = no Mage change in DPS?

AAA
    Telaran

Question 300 More SP and SO "nerf" = no Mage change in DPS?

I'm looking for a little help here. Now I don't know about you but I picked up about 300 more spellpower in 1.4, via a pvp synergy crystal and a Burning Powerstone. My Character sheet says about 1350 Spellpower, 800 spell crit (twirls finger in the air). What kind of DPS increase should I see?

Yesterday a Pyro/Ele post was buried regarding a similar issue. I'm not seeing an increase in DPS, I now also see Spotters Orders proc. It's not a build issue: I have them all: Storm/ele, necro/lock, chlor/lock, chlor/dom/am (pvp), and another I change around constantly to figure out wtf. In any DPS check I run between 800-1000 ST DPS (warriors/rogues/clerics in my guild about 1300-1500) and 1300-1600 AOE.

Is Bluedot on a PVE server? I'm on a PVP server Briarcliff and I wonder if their is some cap or issue here?

Lastly, when you die you have to unequip and requip main weapon to show the Burning Powerstone effect... nice!

If you are at 1350 spell power base, then in raid that goes up to around 1450?

With that you should be able to do about 1.3 to 1.4k in locknecro. I do not run pyro/ele so I can't tell you there.

I think I ran around 1.4 to 1.5k on Murdantix (sp?) as 38 lock 28 necro, and around 2k on herald (AE) as SC/Ele.

I did see a DPS increase, though I still need to get my faction up for the crystal.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AAA View Post
    I'm looking for a little help here. Now I don't know about you but I picked up about 300 more spellpower in 1.4, via a pvp synergy crystal and a Burning Powerstone. My Character sheet says about 1350 Spellpower, 800 spell crit (twirls finger in the air). What kind of DPS increase should I see?

Yesterday a Pyro/Ele post was buried regarding a similar issue. I'm not seeing an increase in DPS, I now also see Spotters Orders proc. It's not a build issue: I have them all: Storm/ele, necro/lock, chlor/lock, chlor/dom/am (pvp), and another I change around constantly to figure out wtf. In any DPS check I run between 800-1000 ST DPS (warriors/rogues/clerics in my guild about 1300-1500) and 1300-1600 AOE.

Is Bluedot on a PVE server? I'm on a PVP server Briarcliff and I wonder if their is some cap or issue here?

Lastly, when you die you have to unequip and requip main weapon to show the Burning Powerstone effect... nice!
    I can hit 1220 or so on a dummy as 31/35 NecroLock with no powerstone, no vial, no filet, and no outside buffs. You're doing something wrong.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

+ Reply to Thread