+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bleeds

Thread: Bleeds - Briarcliff - Patch 1.4 PVP Video (Pyro/Dom)

Default Bleeds - Briarcliff - Patch 1.4 PVP Video (Pyro/Dom)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vo_t...=youtube_gdata

Couldn't sleep tonight, so decided to finally sort through some of my fraps since 1.4 and put together a song's worth of footage.

Not all the fights are amazing faceroll or whatever, just tried to find some clips that showed me using the whole spectrum of pyro/dom abilities in a few different types of PVP situations. It's only like 4 minutes long.(I kinda think watching someone else play video games gets old after 5 minutes or so...)

Resolution is way better than last time. Hope (some) of you enjoy the song, it's Mumford and Sons - Lion Man.

Enjoy! Feedback is welcome ofc.

Says Video cannot be played on mobile. Looking forward to watching when i get home then.
    Last edited by Shhhh; 08-09-2011 at 08:26 AM.

Telaran

damn nj, what was your spec in dom/pyro which points where. i could probably guess but i'd rather hear it directly from you. using the cc transmo to throw em off, increase the dmg of cinder and make it cast faster all at the same time is a nice way to abuse the speed boosts of cc with domi and the long channels of pyro's fun skill. currently 51 pyro 15 am i have problems even doing much dmg in pvp with fireball/cynder. maby because i'm only in t2 gear. *normal t2 not t2 raid*.
    Last edited by cyborgtemplar; 08-09-2011 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cyborgtemplar View Post
    damn nj, what was your spec in dom/pyro which points where. i could probably guess but i'd rather hear it directly from you. using the cc transmo to throw em off, increase the dmg of cinder and make it cast faster all at the same time is a nice way to abuse the speed boosts of cc with domi and the long channels of pyro's fun skill. currently 51 pyro 15 am i have problems even doing much dmg in pvp with fireball/cynder. maby because i'm only in t2 gear. *normal t2 not t2 raid*.
    Pretty sure Bleeds is running in or close to full P6 pvp gear. This is why you don't see him exploding when the warrior charges him and his 4.5k HP.

Lots of squirrel - > shackle - > lol -> Cinder Burst -> Flame Bolt + Inferno **** footage.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Yeah I'm running around 1450 Spellpower (with powerstone) 800 crit 950 Valor in these clips. Only 1.4 upgrade I've gotten is the R6 Wand so far.

Telaran

so you hit really really hard lol. i hit very very little QQ. nec/lock is the only viable choice for me in pvp atm. only rank 2. 1/2 way to 3.

I'll link my current spec on here when I have a chance today. I've posted it before too, so if you search my posts it's there. Nothing's changed since 1.3 for me though.

Telaran

i usuially use chloro/lock but i want some old fashoned killing power without the nec/lock. and sc is reliant on AoE's and a complex rotation. some old fashoned simple beatdown with pyro would be fun. domi is ofc a great spec. i can do partial domi fine without difficulties but 51 domi is complicated as hell to play if your not used to it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds View Post
    I'll link my current spec on here when I have a chance today. I've posted it before too, so if you search my posts it's there. Nothing's changed since 1.3 for me though.
    Is it much different from this?
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    Is it much different from this?
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...k.xc0suucuzR.L

Here's mine, pretty close but with some key differences. In pyro, no Fiery Concentration, 3/3 Combust, No Burning Bonds, 1 in Smoldering Power, Get Backdraft, 2/3 Fire Shield. In Dom I get Priest's Lament, 1/3 Mana Wrench, 0/2 Durable Control, Get Transference, No Arresting Presence.
    Last edited by Bleeds; 08-09-2011 at 10:01 AM.

Soulwalker

I'm interested in seeing the spec as well. I'm currently 28/23/18 Pyro/Dom/AM. I can melt faces with the spec, but I'm currently still only r5 and die instantly if a warrior looks at me the wrong way and is immune to cc.

*just saw the spec was posted just before I finished my post...thx
    Last edited by Wilhelm; 08-09-2011 at 10:05 AM.

Rift Chaser

Keyboard turning

I tried out the spec - it's very fragile but very effective when healed well. SP + HW + 50% heal debuff will kill almost any target.
    Last edited by Ashenne; 08-09-2011 at 03:21 PM.

I loved the part in port scion's alley. What kind of survivability do you have if someone hits you btw? You have pretty low hp and you're super quick squirrel so people dont often hit you, but I didnt see any of them break free or go immune either.

Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    I loved the part in port scion's alley. What kind of survivability do you have if someone hits you btw? You have pretty low hp and you're super quick squirrel so people dont often hit you, but I didnt see any of them break free or go immune either.
    1st off, running around 900 Valor (35% dmg reduc), so obviously that makes a bigger difference than anything else possibly could. As far as spec specific stuff though, there's actually a lot of defensive options in my spec.

Obviously you have the various hard CC's (sheep, edict, Genesis Pylon knockback+root, shackle somewhat, burning bonds if you go that route, although I don't take it), you also have the energy drains for rogue and warrior (TI, Transference), you have a single serving reflect every 20 seconds, plus the AOE 60% reflect chance aura that lasts about 15 seconds with full charge for casters. You have full self-debuff wipe every 10 seconds, amazing vs dot classes. You have 2 pretty potent shields, Burning Ground for 750HP that you can apply quickly before engaging, and Fire Shield w/ 20% random proc chance for about 675 HP.

Lastly, and most importantly, you have flicker and range. These are the greatest tools at your disposal defensively. With HW, you can flicker, HW and reset CDs, flicker again to get in a stronger position really quickly.

Actually, and I'm not kidding, I think Pyro/Dom has potentially some of the best survivability in game. Problem is, it's all very active stuff. You gotta manually use it, and if you get out of rhythm or get your fingers mixed up you'll collapse like a house of cards.

Rift Disciple

That build is extremely gear intensive, as you said. I do prefer my pyro (primarily pyro) build over it, though.
    Last edited by Sinandtonic; 08-10-2011 at 12:42 PM.

+ Reply to Thread