+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: is pyro dead ???

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    64

    Default is pyro dead ???

    ok i havent tried pyro post 1.4, or 1.3 so i wasn't sure how dramatic the change was. just speced out a 51 pyro 15 archmage 0 archon. and the heck was that serious nerf to pyro some ways back. they used to be awsome in pvp and now their worthless, i hit more dmg with my chloro/lock then pyro now in pvp. that's pretty sad.

  2. #2
    Telaran Zhurial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    60

    Default

    See the following link for information about what happened in 1.4. As far as what happened in 1.3, I'm not sure if that was the update that killed Pyros in pvp or not. I do know that Inferno is now under GCD effects, cinderburst and fulminate can no longer be chained back to back and I think dps in general has gone down. It is still effective in PVE, but there are many other specs you can have fun with in PVP.

    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...pen-1-4-a.html

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    64

    Default

    thnx for the link, i've read the op and the 1st page of the thread so far. but i really really don't get it. i hit 1.3k dmg in pve np *ya pretty crappy gear, just enough for T2, enough for raid if i wanted but 900 dps only with a couple specs*.

    i pvp, alot. r1-r2 in a day without problems, pyro i've used previously and was actually hitting 1k's in pvp. now that same fb crit is CRITTING, for 400-500's. occasional 700, down from like 1.1-1.2k's from when i was in my 40's, and that wasn't even 51/15 *pyro/archmage*.

    edit: i mean my chloros 1.5 channel spell hits and crits for 1.2k's and on same enemies fb does 500-700's. something is definately wrong there.
    Last edited by cyborgtemplar; 08-09-2011 at 08:14 AM.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyborgtemplar View Post
    thnx for the link, i've read the op and the 1st page of the thread so far. but i really really don't get it. i hit 1.3k dmg in pve np *ya pretty crappy gear, just enough for T2, enough for raid if i wanted but 900 dps only with a couple specs*.

    i pvp, alot. r1-r2 in a day without problems, pyro i've used previously and was actually hitting 1k's in pvp. now that same fb crit is CRITTING, for 400-500's. occasional 700, down from like 1.1-1.2k's from when i was in my 40's, and that wasn't even 51/15 *pyro/archmage*.

    edit: i mean my chloros 1.5 channel spell hits and crits for 1.2k's and on same enemies fb does 500-700's. something is definately wrong there.
    With the % nerfs that were more of a result of most people being under P6, with now tons of people being P6, pyro in pvp is horrendously bad/terrible/useless/free kill.

    You should see the tears when I see a pyro try to kill me with IE+Heatwave, I pop a detaunt, then proceed to kill other people as a wave of easily healed 400s comes in. Feel bad for the people that still try to use it. Every so often someone still tries 51 pyro 15 AM. But with less than 4.5k health... even in good gear, they die fast.

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    With the % nerfs that were more of a result of most people being under P6, with now tons of people being P6, pyro in pvp is horrendously bad/terrible/useless/free kill.

    You should see the tears when I see a pyro try to kill me with IE+Heatwave, I pop a detaunt, then proceed to kill other people as a wave of easily healed 400s comes in. Feel bad for the people that still try to use it. Every so often someone still tries 51 pyro 15 AM. But with less than 4.5k health... even in good gear, they die fast.
    nec/lock is a threat all the time. but pyro is just a good old mage past time. sorta like that old ball game in the fields, or some good monday night football, mages should have a decent pyro it's just a mage thing lol.


    this guy seemed to make it work lol: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post2945413
    Last edited by cyborgtemplar; 08-09-2011 at 08:36 AM.

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    With the % nerfs that were more of a result of most people being under P6, with now tons of people being P6, pyro in pvp is horrendously bad/terrible/useless/free kill.

    You should see the tears when I see a pyro try to kill me with IE+Heatwave, I pop a detaunt, then proceed to kill other people as a wave of easily healed 400s comes in. Feel bad for the people that still try to use it. Every so often someone still tries 51 pyro 15 AM. But with less than 4.5k health... even in good gear, they die fast.
    Heh, yea, true story, I tried for kicks pyro build in a PUG Black Garden, several of the other players where trying to kick me out for poor performance by using the AFK button. I'm rr 4+ with good gear.. go figure.

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Pyro is alright for PVE now but PVP, yeah it's crap due to very low survivability and mediocre damage.

    They *really* should be removing the -9% HP on it as a *bare minimum*.

    Replacing Fulminate entirely and reverting the Cinderburst & Inferno changes would make the spec decent enough again IMO.
    Last edited by Ashenne; 08-09-2011 at 03:06 PM.

  8. #8
    Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    803

    Default

    It's not as strong as it was but can still do pretty well in warfronts. I've played pyro a little bit in the past few weeks.

    Solo queued pyro in scion with less than 1k SP: http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/z...stehr/Pyro.png

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    sadly even sc has tons more burst and damage than pyro in pvp now.
    only good thing pyro get is flicker.
    Once known as Nix-Zero


    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Pyro in 1.4 with Synergy Crystal + Powerstone > Pyro in 1.2. Quote me on it.

    You just don't know the spec to use. I found something extremely viable with pyro right now, and I've been going 17-25 kbs and 0 deaths in my warfronts. Screenshots available if you need proof.

    P.S. I also went 40+ kbs and 0 deaths in Port in this patch.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    sadly even sc has tons more burst and damage than pyro in pvp now.
    only good thing pyro get is flicker.
    You're roughly 100% wrong on this one.

  12. #12
    Plane Walker Pendu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinandtonic View Post
    Pyro in 1.4 with Synergy Crystal + Powerstone > Pyro in 1.2. Quote me on it.

    You just don't know the spec to use. I found something extremely viable with pyro right now, and I've been going 17-25 kbs and 0 deaths in my warfronts. Screenshots available if you need proof.

    P.S. I also went 40+ kbs and 0 deaths in Port in this patch.
    Well, spit it out! What are you running with? Is it the Pyro/Dom build?
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Check your messages ;)

  14. #14
    Plane Touched Dwindarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinandtonic View Post
    Check your messages ;)
    Why such a secret?
    T H E C H R O N I C L E S O F D W I N D A R F
    __________________________________________________
    How Trion stole my Dwarf identity.
    The magical returning lvl 47 "Burlap" shoulderpads.
    Yay! T1 & T2 Mage gear!!!...wait..oh god...

  15. #15
    Sword of Telara Wawer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chancellor Gowron View Post
    It's not as strong as it was but can still do pretty well in warfronts. I've played pyro a little bit in the past few weeks.

    Solo queued pyro in scion with less than 1k SP: http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/z...stehr/Pyro.png
    Saw a tank chloro mage which do almost as much dmg as you + heal a truckload more than you and takes way more dmg than you do.

    well ,I guess Pyro is dead.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts