+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Kind of feeling like an idiot but I have a question...

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default Kind of feeling like an idiot but I have a question...

    Okay, so, I know this one of the ultimate noob questions (along with "how the frakk do I swim?" and I only just got that figured out lol.) but how do I turn off taunt? I'm so peeved with getting witched at by the tank and I can't seem to figure it out. I didn't event know elementals had a growl. Sorry.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irtiska View Post
    Okay, so, I know this one of the ultimate noob questions (along with "how the frakk do I swim?" and I only just got that figured out lol.) but how do I turn off taunt? I'm so peeved with getting witched at by the tank and I can't seem to figure it out. I didn't event know elementals had a growl. Sorry.
    try using your dps pet and not the tanking pet

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    69

    Default

    If I am reading your question correctly...basically you can set your pet from aggressive to defensive (attacks when you are attacked) or passive (not attacking) on the pet bar. Look at the other options on that bar and the tooltips will explain.

    You can macro pet actions as well.

  4. #4
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irtiska View Post
    Okay, so, I know this one of the ultimate noob questions (along with "how the frakk do I swim?" and I only just got that figured out lol.) but how do I turn off taunt? I'm so peeved with getting witched at by the tank and I can't seem to figure it out. I didn't event know elementals had a growl. Sorry.
    Either use a dps pet instead of the earth elemental, or if you don't have that available yet you can right click the abilities on the pet bar to enable/disable them... can't remember the name but one of them is a taunt.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Megadron View Post
    Either use a dps pet instead of the earth elemental, or if you don't have that available yet you can right click the abilities on the pet bar to enable/disable them... can't remember the name but one of them is a taunt.
    I don't have a dps pet yet so is it pulverize or thud? Both of them say "instantly attacks enemy" so I don't really know. It's not a huge deal or anything but I was just wondering. Thanks.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Chomag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    I love mages/rogues who use tank pets.

    I'm a tank myself so whenever that damn pig or skeleton with shield aggros a mob, I do /cheer at it and let it die, lol. Then pick up the mob. But the stone elementals never seem to generate too much threat.

    I especially love mages/rogues who keep summoning the tank pets after every trash pack until they get bored and suddenly realise they are using the wrong pets.
    Last edited by Chomag; 08-10-2011 at 01:22 PM.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Mouse over the abilities on the petbar, and right click to turn off taunts. The problem with pets taunting is it will often make mobs immune to tank taunts. Until you get the DPS pets just turn off those abilities so the pet does not use them automatically. Additionally with necro it's best that you macro those abilities and control when they are used anyhow since your pet abilities gain large bonuses with specific debuffs on the mob.
    Mesk
    [Lunchbox Bandits]

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Chomag, what part of "I don't have a dps pet" did you miss exactly? It's not like I was meaning to aggro the mobs or anything. An effective tank should be able to hold aggro for more than three seconds. I should know; I've rolled one in every class although Rift is sort of an altoholics nightmare...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk View Post
    Mouse over the abilities on the petbar, and right click to turn off taunts. The problem with pets taunting is it will often make mobs immune to tank taunts. Until you get the DPS pets just turn off those abilities so the pet does not use them automatically. Additionally with necro it's best that you macro those abilities and control when they are used anyhow since your pet abilities gain large bonuses with specific debuffs on the mob.
    Thanks a lot for your help!

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts