+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: How to build a Mage Tank for Hammerknell - Gear List

  1. #1
    RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,486

    Default How to build a Mage Tank for Hammerknell - Gear List

    http://bluedots.org/2011/08/08/how-t...d-a-mage-tank/

    I typically paste the guide here but due to the excessive formatting it looked ugly, and I will be constantly updating it; I don't want to update it in 2 places.

    I basically added all the gear I have seen and am familiar with. If you know of some gear that I missed please let me know. I also left out any Hammerknell gear as this guide is intended for people preparing for Hammerknell so it is unlikely you have access to a lot of gear from Hammerknell. That being said there are some great pieces for us in Hammerknell.

    Note: I am ignoring PvP gear, if you are high ranked PvP then most of your tank gear will come from PvP vendors so you don't need a guide.

    Cheers
    Last edited by bluedot; 08-08-2011 at 02:29 PM.

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Putting on my pvp sigil also trades ~100sp for 1100hp instead.

  3. #3
    RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    Putting on my pvp sigil also trades ~100sp for 1100hp instead.
    Speaking of which I completely forgot Essences.. adding now >.<

  4. #4
    Plane Walker ChinesePanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Is this the only gear you're using/getting for Molinar? What kind of enchants have you chosen for that fight?

  5. #5
    RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChinesePanda View Post
    Is this the only gear you're using/getting for Molinar? What kind of enchants have you chosen for that fight?
    I have the Runes listed. I honestly don't know if this is enough for a kill on Molinar, but it is a good start.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker ethix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    400

    Default

    I use the 51 chrolo/15 lock build with my pvp sigil that has 50 something endurance in it with 44 death resist. With planar protection I believe I had 19% reduced death damage.

    Even with all that I can still be two shot if he does 2 back to back 4.2k+ bolts. It's even worse if the ghosts spawns near prince or in prince movement path to where I'm standing combined with a blue square and void zone that force me to move somewhere awkward.
    Brynx <Myth> Mage of Seastone

  7. #7
    Plane Walker ChinesePanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Wild Abandon is good for the snares at 60% but the other points are kind of opinion based. Terminate Life is also a problem but we're working around that.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...xx0Vzmqxo.McVh
    Last edited by ChinesePanda; 08-08-2011 at 03:19 PM.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker ethix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChinesePanda View Post
    Wild Abandon is good for the snares at 60% but the other points are kind of opinion based. Terminate Life is also a problem but we're working around that.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...xx0Vzmqxo.McVh
    Why the 13 into Dominator? Does reflect or accelerated command work?
    Brynx <Myth> Mage of Seastone

  9. #9
    Plane Walker ChinesePanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Improved Mana Wrench, Memory Wipe for the other dps on Prince, Spell Reflect, Deny for the flames.
    Plus 10% intelligence increases endurance by 2.1%
    Last edited by ChinesePanda; 08-08-2011 at 03:35 PM.

  10. #10
    Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Not sure how far you have gotten on Prince, but not taking Dom would be a mistake.

    You are off on your runes as well, you'll want at least 20% death resist (you can get up to 30%, and should), making death runes quite essential.
    Last edited by FireWraith; 08-08-2011 at 05:15 PM.

    GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

  11. #11
    RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireWraith View Post
    Not sure how far you have gotten on Prince, but not taking Dom would be a mistake.

    You are off on your runes as well, you'll want at least 20% death resist (you can get up to 30%, and should), making death runes quite essential.
    Since the hotfix endurance has been better then resist. Our tests were not perfect, so you may be right though.

  12. #12
    Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    Since the hotfix endurance has been better then resist. Our tests were not perfect, so you may be right though.
    You should be able to hit about 8k HP with full raid buffs with no endurance from runes or engines. Remember that the int bonus in Dominator also gets translated into a massive HP increase due to your Chloro talents.

    30% of 8k is 2400.

    So if you are able to get 2400 additional HP out of runes and engine, then maybe that is best. But there's no chance you're going to get that much.

    30% resist is superior. Not to mention that resist makes it far easier to heal you than HP.

    GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

  13. #13
    RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireWraith View Post
    You should be able to hit about 8k HP with full raid buffs with no endurance from runes or engines. Remember that the int bonus in Dominator also gets translated into a massive HP increase due to your Chloro talents.

    30% of 8k is 2400.

    So if you are able to get 2400 additional HP out of runes and engine, then maybe that is best. But there's no chance you're going to get that much.

    30% resist is superior. Not to mention that resist makes it far easier to heal you than HP.
    But it is not a true 30%.. I believe it has to do with the Magical Disruption buff.

    Also they are not mutually exclusive, you can get well over 10% without DR runes.
    Last edited by bluedot; 08-08-2011 at 05:36 PM.

  14. #14
    Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    But it is not a true 30%.. I believe it has to do with the Magical Disruption buff.

    Also they are not mutually exclusive, you can get well over 10% without runes DR.
    I tried tanking it once with 20% resist when our 30% resist Mage was not there and I was getting hammered compared to her. Same specs.

    I think it has to do with the King's AoE, though. You're right, maybe the Prince's attacks aren't straight 30% mitigation, but the raid-wide AoE from the King is pure death magic and that is the healing check. And we get no bonus resist against that.
    Last edited by FireWraith; 08-08-2011 at 05:38 PM.

    GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

  15. #15
    Prophet of Telara Flaviusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    So far as the 51 chloro tank build goes, it seems to me that 10 in ele is better than 15 in lock.
    Last edited by Flaviusx; 08-08-2011 at 05:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts