+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Electrify Dispelled?! WTF? Since when?

Default Electrify Dispelled?! WTF? Since when?

Title says it all. Was in a Codex today and honestly never had this happen before. I was trying to stack Electrify on this Mage but the instant a stack of electrify went up it was dispelled. He had some Warden HoTs on him so I'm assuming this was Curative Waters doing it.

What I want to know is why, Trion, did you realize: "Hey, Lurking Decay is the core of a Cabalist. We should make it undispellable."

That was a great idea. To bad Electrify is the core of Stormcaller and it can apparently be dispelled.

Make Electrify and Hypothermia undispellable. These are debuffs that don't do anything other than allow the Stormcaller soul to FUNCTION. It's bad enough DR makes that spec very difficult in PvP.

Really hope a Dev responds to someone's thread soon because the absolute silence in regards to GLARINGLY obvious Mage issues reminds me of Blizzard and why I left their game.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ozamet View Post
    Title says it all. Was in a Codex today and honestly never had this happen before. I was trying to stack Electrify on this Mage but the instant a stack of electrify went up it was dispelled. He had some Warden HoTs on him so I'm assuming this was Curative Waters doing it.

What I want to know is why, Trion, did you realize: "Hey, Lurking Decay is the core of a Cabalist. We should make it undispellable."

That was a great idea. To bad Electrify is the core of Stormcaller and it can apparently be dispelled.

Make Electrify and Hypothermia undispellable. These are debuffs that don't do anything other than allow the Stormcaller soul to FUNCTION. It's bad enough DR makes that spec very difficult in PvP.

Really hope a Dev responds to someone's thread soon because the absolute silence in regards to GLARINGLY obvious Mage issues reminds me of Blizzard and why I left their game.
    I noticed that aswell quite a few time.. Looks like it is dispellable..

Plane Touched

If a target gets dispelled of your electrified stacks they are even immune to it for the next few seconds due to diminishing returns ^^

Been dispellable since launch, QQ moar.
    Last edited by Verez; 08-09-2011 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verez View Post
    Been dispellable since launch, QQ moar.

Right? As a mage myself, there is NO way i'm letting you get 3 stacks to get a lightning burst off. I'm dispelling that instantly.
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

Telaran

This is really the only justification we can hide behind for the crazy burst damage we can now do with Lightning Burst.

If your team lets me get 3x Electrify and Ice Shear on a target then don't be surprised when I WTF 6K Crit anybody in full Valor Gear.

I hit Rank 7 last night and with the SP enchant I am running around with close to 1750 SP in warfronts. And it's only going to go up at rank 8.

I am using this build for SC PVP:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...tbxcsdR.Ex0M0c
    Last edited by seanthehulk; 08-09-2011 at 02:56 PM.
    Pheowna | DPS Mage
    <Breaking Bads> 11/11 HK
    Guardian | Seastone
    3803 DPS Sicaron 11/2

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Myso View Post
    If a target gets dispelled of your electrified stacks they are even immune to it for the next few seconds due to diminishing returns ^^
    No.

10 chars.

Quote Originally Posted by seanthehulk View Post
    This is really the only justification we can hide behind for the crazy burst damage we can now do with Lightning Burst.

If your team lets me get 3x Electrify and Ice Shear on a target then don't be surprised when I WTF 6K Crit anybody in full Valor Gear.

I hit Rank 7 last night and with the SP enchant I am running around with close to 1750 SP in warfronts. And it's only going to go up at rank 8.

I am using this build for SC PVP:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...tbxcsdR.Ex0M0c
    I use a similar build, except I put points into Ninvin's Lament (having a AB/BS then guaranteed Lightning Burst crit makes it so no one survives >), and hastened withdrawal, then I have the remaining points to get 2% more crit, though I'm thinking of just going into collateral damage.

Anyway, I know there's a lot of negativity surrounding hastened withdrawal, but it's saved me plenty of time against R6 Warriors who know how to play.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

I figured it has been able to be dispelled for some time now. I've been playing a Mage for about a month now. Rerolled to play Defiant with an IRL friend of mine and already had a 50 Cleric and a 50 Rogue. Since I definitely didn't wanna play a 1 button warrior with goofy two handed animations I decided to go back to my personal roots and play a good old fashion spell caster.

Before you guys post something like, "Well, you just made a mistake with that reroll!", I have to say I'. m actually enjoying my Mage the most of my 3 50's. My Rogue is Rank 6 and my Cleric Rank 3. My Mage is closing in on Rank 5 already.

Point is. I'm relatively new to the Mage but at the same time I'm not. There is naturally some more specific things I have yet to notice such as this thread.

Long story short? Electrify allows the build to function. If it MUST be a dispellable debuff than we should have a faster way to stack it or a talent to provide a % chance to resist the dispel.

Sure, 3 Electrify + Ice Sheer = 1KB coming right up! However, as soon as the enemy notices that Mage throwing lightning everywhere they say the same thing, "1KB coming right up!". So it's already balanced, does not need to be dispellable.

I can verify, both states are and have been dispellable since launch. I used to do it using my cloro spec.

It counts as any regular debuff, not as a curse (which would make it even harder to clear).

I don't see the problem, if a healer wastes a debuff remover on electrify, just think of what he could have cleared but missed!! Electrify and frostbite are not the worst debuffs to wear by any measure. (Just kill the stormcaller, it's not hard)

The real problem is when the entire raid you are attacking is +immune+ to debuffs, you have zero chance to do any real SC damage.

Even with this.
    Last edited by kissmybuns; 08-09-2011 at 05:57 PM.

<Amazonia> Leader - Sunrest Server
    It's only a game ... until you get a piece of Asph.

While we're at it, all of my Nightblade defensive cooldowns are core mechanics because without them I get insta gibbed by storm callers and warriors.

they should be undispellable

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    While we're at it, all of my Nightblade defensive cooldowns are core mechanics because without them I get insta gibbed by storm callers and warriors.

they should be undispellable
    This is probably the most ignorant load of crap you could've posted but thanks anyway. Sorry you can't kill cloth without immunities. I recommend you find yourself some rogue guides and learn how to play.

Go troll the Cabs while you're at it.

I don't see the problem...
    Without Electrify the best you can hope for is 380 dmg Thunderbolts and you dont see the problem? Go away.
    Last edited by Ozamet; 08-09-2011 at 07:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread