+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Warlocks incredibly overpowered.

Rift Chaser

Default Warlocks incredibly overpowered.

Neither of my 50's can kill a Warlock/Chlor/Archmage type of build.

So I rolled one up, got her to level 43, and find I can EASILY take down most 50's 1v1 and sometimes 1v2.. I was dueling the other night in Scarwood against 2 well geared level 50 rogues, and they couldn't beat me 1v1.

It's op... Think about it..

80% Dmg Reduction for 8 seconds (which should be entire fight durection)
    Mortality high dmg/heal AOE, an I-Win button.
    50% Health increase+ heal.
    Insta-Bloom

Then stack in all kinds of other stuff, including the archmage invuln, and other things, which make this class essentially god-like in PvP.. If you get one to rank 6, you just activated God-Mode.. Not even 2 well geared rogues will take one down.

Last night on my 800ap/1000crit rogue I tried dueling a 50 R5+ Warlock with this build, and as long as his CD's were available, it was utterly impossible for me to kill him on any build. Even if I used MM and purged first, he just re-casted his buffs. With opportunity he was chain-casting the entire time.

Trion needs to really look at this build, it's exceptionally OP, which is probably why so many people run it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Moebro View Post

So I rolled one up, got her to level 43, and find I can EASILY take down most 50's 1v1 and sometimes 1v2.. I was dueling the other night in Scarwood against 2 well geared level 50 rogues, and they couldn't beat me 1v1.

Insta-Bloom

Then stack in all kinds of other stuff, including the archmage invuln, and other things, which make this class essentially god-like in PvP.. If you get one to rank 6, you just activated God-Mode.. Not even 2 well geared rogues will take one down.

Last night on my 800ap/1000crit rogue I tried dueling a 50 R5+ Warlock with this build, and as long as his CD's were available, it was utterly impossible for me to kill him on any build. Even if I used MM and purged first, he just re-casted his buffs. With opportunity he was chain-casting the entire time.

Trion needs to really look at this build, it's exceptionally OP, which is probably why so many people run it.
    Nedras can be purged, Mortality can be interrupted. Chlorolock shut down.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Great dueling build.

Not so great for warfronts.

aux

Can't be countered. Nope. Not even by good players. Totally OP.
    I'm so BORED

Which Includes:
    80% Dmg Reduction = 3 Minutes Cooldown
    Mortality = Easily Interupted (Useless)
    50% Health increase + heal = 3 Minutes Cooldown

If youre a Rogue and you cant counter it then youre not a Rogue to begin with.
    Mage Class had been Nerfed over and over again.
    1st Dom then Pyro then SC then Dom again and now its Lock? LMAO!!!

Maybe Trion should just wipe out the Mage Class to be honest. To make everyone happy
    Last edited by Crazio; 08-08-2011 at 07:06 AM.

Two words: Cleanse Soul.

Two more words: Eradicate Spam.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Rift Disciple

They were not "well-geared" if you were beating them at 43. Either they are very bad at dueling, or you're trolling. Best rogues I know could beat me in this spec until I got into full P6 gear... meanwhile he was still P5 and it was still a tough series of duels... and still, I only win when:

and as long as his CD's were available,
    Sounds about right. So duel him without CD's. Have him use them ALL, then try again. Or just have him duel a P6 VK warrior, and get stomped even with cooldowns. Or try heavy marks and kill him from 35m while purging all his cooldowns and armor.

It's a very powerful spec. However, OP in Rift, it is not.

These ""nerf because I can't kill" posts just make me ROFLMAO

Telaran

Chloro/Lock/AM is tough to duel at high rank levels for sure. You will need to do more than just try to outdamage their heals.

I don't agree that they are useless in warfronts however they certainly aren't OP.

I play a healing centric Chlorolock almost exclusively now in Whitefall and if the opposing force is not organized I can do very well indeed. Especially since the LW warriors seem to go for the clerics first. If they are organized however I get purged and eradicated and lingering wounded. Even if all my cooldowns are up I will not survive a few seconds of focus fire under those conditions. I've had WFs in which I died zero times and was top 3 damage and healing. Others the only thing I am top 3 in is healing taken .

For sure some opposing players in the former scenario thought I was OP since I was fully buffed, was self healing, had a cleric healing me, etc etc. The MMs and assassins running PVE specs probably couldn't get why I was outhealing their elite dps. However, all the players in the later scenario, using the pvp tools at their desposal, had me kissing the resurection pad quickly and often.

SD

Insta-Bloom
    Dispell
    Interrupt or move
    Dispell or Heal debuff
    Heal debuff

Win.

I agree, as the only remaining PvP soul that hasn't been fondled like a 12 year old at a church I think it is time to nerf the Warlock soul and finally get the remaining mages to unsubscribe
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchivistCarrion View Post
    I agree, as the only remaining PvP soul that hasn't been fondled like a 12 year old at a church I think it is time to nerf the Warlock soul and finally get the remaining mages to unsubscribe
    Psh, you assume that the Warlock was ever that powerful a PvP soul to begin with.
    Pylos - 51 Mage - Deepstrike
    "I'm gonna eat your f****** heart and your brain and your- I'm gonna f****** r*** your SOUL!!" - Chariot, Operation: Endgame

Dom/Chlora will still beat it every time.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

You can if you use Cleanse Soul or spec NB!

Or just call your local warrior to smash there face in!

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

I think a good marksman should win every time. When he pops his cds eradicate. The only thing that can save him from improved hit and run is fear and then you can just quick reload. I don't know how marksman are speccing now days but i assume you also have either a heal debuff from inf or a stun from sin to help as well

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast