+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Firemancer!

Default Firemancer!

Just put this build together on my Mage alt.... 33 Pyro 31 Necro 2 Archon. link - http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...to.xtczVukzs.M

My mage is a new 50, his gear really isnt good... some crafted epics, some pvp rank 1, and some blues. Same with his sigil, just blues.

Parser of Firemancer (03:12) Dungeon Practice Dummy: 810 Psyclosis-Cinder Burst-1940 | Psycl | 810 | Shamb | 0
    Parser of Zoomancer (03:54) Dungeon Practice Dummy: 794 Psyclosis-Void Bolt-1017 | Psycl | 794 | Guybr | 0 | Shamb | 0 | Split | 0

As you can see, the Firemancer for me is slightly out-dpsing the popular Zoomancer build, both rotations were perfect no errors. I also think that the Firemancer will scale out even further with more spellpower, as like i said, my gear sucks, so i would like this to be tested by one of you geared mages.

Macros:

#show Burning Shield
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Burning Shield
    cast Ground of Power

#show Flame Bolt
    suppressmacrofailures
    petattack
    petcast Blood Spike
    petcast Soul Rend
    petcast Jagged Wound
    cast flame bolt
    cast inferno
    cast Fireball

Also have Cinderburst on a quick key to hit when it procs. You can also macro backdraft and Fire Storm together for a double click aoe key.

Rotation:

Pillaging Stone x 1 to refresh your stack to 5 min from previous fight.
    Looming Demise - Necrosis - Spam Macro until 100 charge
    exhume - Lich Form - Empty The Crypts
    Necrosis - Spam Macro until EtC is down and Charge is 100 again.
    Necrosis (so dont have to refresh in heatwave) - Heat Wave - Internalize Charge
    Spam Macro

In between this rotation you also use Internalize Charge while heatwave and EtC is cooling down.

As i said im new to Mage, so if you see any flaws in this build or rotation please do say. I look forward to seeing the Firemancer vs Zoomancer parser result from one of you geared up mages!
    Last edited by Skaldiir; 08-08-2011 at 06:34 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Pyro/necro is known to be a solid dps build, but the 2 points in archon are very out of place.

Why do you think that? The reason i put it there is for the 2% fire damage increase as i saw nowhere else that would have beat that, and the pillaging stacks from archon also.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Skaldiir View Post
    Why do you think that? The reason i put it there is for the 2% fire damage increase as i saw nowhere else that would have beat that, and the pillaging stacks from archon also.
    You get more % increase to fire by putting the points into pyro.

ah youre right 0.4% more by putting the 2 into Pyro.
    Would you recommend the silence reduction, or 2 more in smoldering power?

Also i dunno but sometimes it feels like that main macro of mine is hitting a delay every now and again, and im seeing messages on screen "the spell is not ready yet" and "another ability is prepping"
    any clues?

Banned

ah youre right 0.4% more by putting the 2 into Pyro.
    Would you recommend the silence reduction, or 2 more in smoldering power?

Also i dunno but sometimes it feels like that main macro of mine is hitting a delay every now and again, and im seeing messages on screen "the spell is not ready yet" and "another ability is prepping"
    any clues?
    Bluedot has a guide on some type of delay with pyro macros depending on what you have in them. It relates to the queue system. Take a look at his guides, it might be related.

I'ld honestly also pick up flicker for any control type encounters and anything requiring movement.
    Last edited by Pyrial; 08-08-2011 at 11:24 AM.

actually it says required conditions not met for the error, that give you a better clue?

Banned

actually it says required conditions not met for the error, that give you a better clue?
    If it is your fireball spam macro it might relate to inferno being in the macro, which I believe is what Bluedot's guide references. Going off of memory, it's been a while since I red his pyro guide.

Soulwalker

you cant put Inferno is a pve macro. It takes .03 seconds or so for the server to check the mobs hp, then another .03 to send you a msg back saying "conditions not met". It does this everytime you hit that macro. for PvP i have Inferno macoed, but you will lose a lot of dps due to errors if you try to macro it in pve.

also, somewhere in options you need to find "abilility ques" and set them to none, so it doesnt prep spells, this will cause delays in a macro aswell. Again, not an issue in pvp, but in pve its a dps killer.
    Last edited by Superchloro; 08-08-2011 at 11:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread