+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Improved life leech

Default Improved life leech

As I move through the ranks I found myself using it less and less. Specially against melee. What are everyones thoughts for ditching the points in the build.

Heres the link

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...0AzqqIo.xkcx0z

Prophet of Telara

It affects only base damage, as it says. This makes it completely useless.

life leech is useless. the only time it's of some use is in a crowd and you cast it on alot of targets and get some decent heals. 1v1 wise it's utter crap.

pro pvp-ers don't even have it on their action bars.

Rift Chaser

It's good in pve, not so much for pvp. Might not be completely worthless if you are doing a 1v1 gank spec for world pvp, but thats about the only way that talent would have any pvp use.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    life leech is useless. the only time it's of some use is in a crowd and you cast it on alot of targets and get some decent heals. 1v1 wise it's utter crap.

pro pvp-ers don't even have it on their action bars.

Pyrocaster see above to Chomag's post....

It is not even on their action bars... I'd rather crap out a void bolt with opportunity than that lame spell. Yes because for mages to PvP they generally have to always stay mobile or the warrior or the rogue gives them a dirt nap.

Essence link in necro is the way to go instead. It heals between 90 and 120 ( I think) with each pet strike. Woho!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrocaster View Post
    It's good in pve, not so much for pvp. Might not be completely worthless if you are doing a 1v1 gank spec for world pvp, but thats about the only way that talent would have any pvp use.
    I agree to see the benefits you need to cast on multiple mobs in pve. In pvp its utter crap.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Gokeo View Post
    I agree to see the benefits you need to cast on multiple mobs in pve. In pvp its utter crap.
    No, that's not it. It's the Improved Life Leech talent. You cast it once, and then never, ever cast it again. It's one GCD for the dps of that one life leech dot over an entire 5-10 minute encounter. Yes, it hits like a wet noodle, but it's more-or-less free dps, and the healing of it is basically pointless.

You'd never waste casting life leech in an aoe situation. And now that I think about it, I don't see any reason to cast it in PvP either, because on an opp. proc, you're gonna just cast another VB ::shrug::

Telaran

if i proc opportunity and if its going to be a long fight vs a dude, why would i cast vb over life leech? it does a much higher total damage + i'm 51 points into warlock so life leech is greatly improved.
    Last edited by tanglefast; 08-10-2011 at 06:27 AM.

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

I definitely use it if i fear someone and put neddra's torture>neddra's grasp>life leech>dark touch because its basically free or sometimes with opportunity

Rift Disciple

It's still on my hotbar in a main position... but rarely gets cast in PvP. I actually macro'd it to Searing Vitality just so I could keep using it every so often with random opportunity procs. If anything, I use it more on people who heal themselves, just since it's easier to nuke them down with 4 DOTs running.

Quote Originally Posted by Zkank View Post
    As I move through the ranks I found myself using it less and less. Specially against melee. What are everyones thoughts for ditching the points in the build.

Heres the link

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...0AzqqIo.xkcx0z
    The ONLY way I could see Life Leech being of any real use would be if Trion allowed us to feat it into an AoE spell or allow it to run off of Radiate Death perhaps, THEN I'd use it in my rotations more.

Correction, one other way would be to make it an instant cast dot. With the cast time it should have more punch or give it an AoE effect, it's been a joke since the start of the betas.
    Last edited by Morguloth; 08-10-2011 at 12:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread