+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Deathwhisperzz

Thread: Transference and TI nerfs = Dominator Dead

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    203

    Default Transference and TI nerfs = Dominator Dead

    Dominator was good pre 1.4.. but now with the nerf to Transference specially, Mage have no chance against warrior and rogues..
    Before 1.4, when I casted transferece, I would have had a chance to stay alive for few more seconds, but now after 1.4 when I cast transference all I see is power regain going up as fast as before and getting killed in less then 5 seconds...

    Thanks trion for officially killing mage...

    No matter how much endurance i put, rogue and warriors dps still kills me easily..

    Don't tell me L2P.. I had enough of that..

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    67

    Default

    I always looked at Transference as the Dom's additional (a.k.a needed) form of CC vs Rogues/Warriors. Just like silence works against us. Now if they had a problem with the Transference being too powerful, then I think the compromise should have been to keep it how it was but make it breakable by Break Free, but remains outside of diminishing returns.

    As it stands now post nerf, I cast it and don't see it causing the Rogue/Warrior smacking on me have any noticable problems.

    Surely there were other ways like longer cool down etc that meant it was balanced but still retained it's usefullness in keeping the Dom alive for a few seconds.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Arcanas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Flanking you with a Raid
    Posts
    1,554

    Default

    A good dom still owns in group pvp.

    Ok you cant totally drain 1 player any more using 2 instant cast spells then sit back and lol at him running about doing nothing for 7 sec.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

  4. #4
    Champion Deathwhisperzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanas View Post
    A good dom still owns in group pvp.

    Ok you cant totally drain 1 player any more using 2 instant cast spells then sit back and lol at him running about doing nothing for 7 sec.
    And a good premade will dispel transference immediatly.

    Transference got nerfed because PuGs don't know what dispels are and because warriors don't want to kill the mage 1v1 spec (chloro / dom) with their own 1v1 spec (VK)...

  5. #5
    Banned overbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanas View Post
    A good dom still owns in group pvp.

    Ok you cant totally drain 1 player any more using 2 instant cast spells then sit back and lol at him running about doing nothing for 7 sec.
    51 Dom can easily win the first zerg in Whitefall Escalation for your team. Even for an organized team it's not easy to dispel all those affected.

    Try it out in the next Escalation match. Zerg in, pop Mass Betrayal on the healers and ranged and watch the numbers fly.

    One of these days I'm going to team up with a cabbie and do this to drain the entire team in 1 shot.

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killthedesires View Post
    Dominator was good pre 1.4.. but now with the nerf to Transference specially, Mage have no chance against warrior and rogues..
    Before 1.4, when I casted transferece, I would have had a chance to stay alive for few more seconds, but now after 1.4 when I cast transference all I see is power regain going up as fast as before and getting killed in less then 5 seconds...

    Thanks trion for officially killing mage...

    No matter how much endurance i put, rogue and warriors dps still kills me easily..

    Don't tell me L2P.. I had enough of that..

    I wonder why you have had so many people tell you to L2P... oh I know it's because you should l2p...

    No one was Dom before 1.2, if you saw a dom in the warfronts you laughed at him, I know because my buddy insisted on it, and while his little squirrels where cute, his usefulness was limited. You picked up a FOTM build that clearly had some untested unbalanced abilities. Copied the macro from the forum, and pretended to be a mage for a month...

    You're not a mage, if you where you would know we are fine, the only thing trion EVER did that made me even remotely consider shelving my mage was making LGV dispellable, and on a 15 second cooldown.

    Since you are talking strickly pvp, there isn't a warrior or rogue on the server that can kill me 1v1, 90% of them would die 4v1. My build isn't on the forums, my macros are my own. I'm OP, and I know it. If you cant figure out a good mage build that doesn't exist on the forums, you might want to switch to warrior because us real mages are getting tired of telling you to L2P.
    Mesk
    [Lunchbox Bandits]

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara Corian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk View Post
    I wonder why you have had so many people tell you to L2P... oh I know it's because you should l2p...

    No one was Dom before 1.2, if you saw a dom in the warfronts you laughed at him, I know because my buddy insisted on it, and while his little squirrels where cute, his usefulness was limited. You picked up a FOTM build that clearly had some untested unbalanced abilities. Copied the macro from the forum, and pretended to be a mage for a month...

    You're not a mage, if you where you would know we are fine, the only thing trion EVER did that made me even remotely consider shelving my mage was making LGV dispellable, and on a 15 second cooldown.

    Since you are talking strickly pvp, there isn't a warrior or rogue on the server that can kill me 1v1, 90% of them would die 4v1. My build isn't on the forums, my macros are my own. I'm OP, and I know it. If you cant figure out a good mage build that doesn't exist on the forums, you might want to switch to warrior because us real mages are getting tired of telling you to L2P.
    Yeah about that. Dominators were extremely powerful in 1.1, they were just also extremely difficult to play and did no damage. But the nice thing about that was that they didn't need to in 1.1. You could shut down 3-4 people per fight, and any pyros that dared even look at you ate their own reflected fulminate. If they had easy buttons like the 1.3-1.4 dominator did they'd have been fotm back then too.

    Although, the OP is wrong too. Transference is still very effective post-nerf, just not the I-win button it was before. And TI's only marginally weaker than it was before. Very marginally.

    And sure a good premade has answers for a dominator, but a good premade would have answers for everything, otherwise they wouldn' t be very good. Such talk is irrelevant.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

  8. #8
    Banned overbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    Yeah about that. Dominators were extremely powerful in 1.1, they were just also extremely difficult to play and did no damage. But the nice thing about that was that they didn't need to in 1.1. You could shut down 3-4 people per fight, and any pyros that dared even look at you ate their own reflected fulminate. If they had easy buttons like the 1.3-1.4 dominator did they'd have been fotm back then too.

    Although, the OP is wrong too. Transference is still very effective post-nerf, just not the I-win button it was before. And TI's only marginally weaker than it was before. Very marginally.

    And sure a good premade has answers for a dominator, but a good premade would have answers for everything, otherwise they wouldn' t be very good. Such talk is irrelevant.
    I concur...somewhat. Transference is still effective in shutting off rogue/warrior burst damage. The problem lies in that a warrior could easily have 2-3 proc abilities ready to unload, and they usually only cost like 10 energy to execute. As such, -50 energy doesn't even come close to effectively shutting down a warrior even for a second. It does prevent them from killing someone in 2 globals, however.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Liang Nuren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    Although, the OP is wrong too. Transference is still very effective post-nerf, just not the I-win button it was before.
    I am a terrible mage. I'm a terrible person. I suck at this game and at PVP. Now please tell me where and when Transference is very effective post nerf. I'm just not seeing it and I'd like to.

    -Liang

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Are those abilities worth speccing & using now? Yes.
    Were they overnerfed? Also yes. Especially given parachamps are "fine".

    Was Dominator nerfed to Pyro levels of uselessness? No.
    Do mages still kinda suck in PVP? But for 1-2 specs, yes.
    Last edited by Ashenne; 08-08-2011 at 09:07 PM.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker Halman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    472

    Default

    And a good premade will dispel transference immediatly.

    Transference got nerfed because PuGs don't know what dispels are and because warriors don't want to kill the mage 1v1 spec (chloro / dom) with their own 1v1 spec (VK)...
    Good premades know how to cover up their important debuffs. Heck, good dominators can do it themselves. Debuff spam > cures. Also, cleric has to waste gcds on curing. Your gcds are never expected to do something else to begin with.
    Transferense is NOT important in group pvp, and never was.
    Dom is still a must have class in group v group pvp. There is no way a group without a dominator would win against a group with a dominator. It's that simple.

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    94

    Default

    I probably suck too but I think this part of the nerf is a bit much. Sure, if I run into a melee 1v1 I have the tools I need but if I'm jumped while playing support, the oh **** button I use doesn't relieve any pressure.

    It's a simple fact that the majority of players don't enjoy being controlled. Whether it's being turned into a squirrel or all their bars greyed out, not being able to hit buttons is simply unacceptable. You can fix my problems and keep them hacking at the same pace. Give me a skill that makes me immune to physical attacks for a few seconds. One can hardly call that op when the reciprocal is sitting in their arsenal.

    Overnerf for sure. Cut Mass Betrayal and Traiterous Influence by 33%, give it a month and see how it goes. You don't have to completely gut everything just because there are some really powerful players out there who know how to find and exploit loopholes in soul synch. If you and three of your buddies roll up on a solo mage and get wrecked, stay out of that ****er's way! Don't consider him the mold.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    105

    Default

    The main consequence of this nerf is that now nothing prevents the warriors from ruling the game in war-fronts. With their 50% heal debuff they can chain-apply for 15 seconds, and is not dispellable, warriors are no longer facing any class that can efficiently stop them.

    As a result, the team that wins a warfront is now the team that counts the greater number of warriors.

    How to fix:
    - seriously nerf the 50% heal debuff: reduce time of effect, increase CD, make it dispellable, whatever
    - or / and have a class that can reduce the efficiency of warriors, as a counter-measure to their outstanding power in PvP.

    This has a name: balance.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts