#show Vile Spores
    /suppressmacrofailures
    /cast Radiate Spores
    /cast Ruin
    /cast Natural Conversion
    /cast Draining Bolt
    /cast Nature’s Touch
    /cast Vile Spores

Found this with a little digging but it was posted a while ago; this still work okay? Just went chloro and have no idea what I'm doing ....

Plane Touched

Largely depends, I personally wouldn't run that macro. (I'm also assuming you're chloro/lock based on that macro, and not just 51-chloro.)

You shouldn't even be speccing into draining bolt, let alone using it within a macro. Natural Conversion is best left outside of the macro and used when necessary. The same goes for Radiant Spores, get that out of the macro, you'll be wasting GCDs. It's up for much longer than the CD, so you're wasting time overwriting your buff for no reason. Optionally the same goes for ruin (although I include it in my macros, since I consider myself a support healer, and try to maximize my DPS as well. Removing Ruin gives you an "emergency heal" of sorts to go along with your flourish.)

I have three macros, which I switch depending on the fight. If things are really healing intensive, and I want to stay chloro/lock, I'll remove Nature's Touch from my rotation to keep my heals a bit more predictable, and manually use my opportunity procs on it. Here's the three macros I run:

(NOTE: The radiant spores/dark touch at the bottom is solely for if I move/jump/turn my back, that when I hit my macro, something happens, and gives opportunity a chance to proc. If I'm standing in place and hitting the button, it'll NEVER use those, which is done on purpose. If I have to turn my back, I try to apply radiant spores/withering vines, and then when my back is turned, life leech+dark touch+searing vitality)

For biggest DPS:

#show Ruin
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Ruin
    cast Nature's Fury
    cast Nature’s Touch
    cast Vile Spores
    cast Radiant Spores
    cast Dark Touch

For most consistent, non-spiky heals (while factoring in DPS):

#show Ruin
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Ruin
    cast Nature's Fury
    cast Vile Spores
    cast Radiant Spores
    cast Dark Touch

For the most consistent, non-spiky heals, without worrying about DPS (I rarely resort to this, since this generally doesn't allow the DoT at the tail end of Vile Spores to even get the first tick off if there's a 51-archon in the raid):

#show Ruin
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Ruin
    cast Vile Spores
    cast Radiant Spores
    cast Dark Touch

Now keep in mind, for 51-chloro, you almost always just spam void life and cast Nature's Touch on opportunity procs, if you dip 6-10 in warlock. A lot of us do 10 dom/5 elementalist so we literally just do void life. Also, for chloro/lock, you DO NOT USE your synthesis or lifebound veil, you solely keep your life giving veil up at all times. Your radiant spores don't stack, so if you have a 51-chloro, let them handle it, and remove it completely from your macro and bar, and withering vines is situational, but often worth applying during downtime, or if there's a lot of adds grouped up together (put it on all of them for a huge stream of heals.)
    Last edited by Uhgii; 08-07-2011 at 02:12 PM.

aux

A Chloro that's spamming a macro, is doing it wrong.
    I'm so BORED

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    A Chloro that's spamming a macro, is doing it wrong.
    That's an option, too. The difference for me is so little if I do it manually versus in a macro that I'd rather just macro it and focus on leading the raid and giving instructions. I still top heals, and I still do a ton of DPS. So you do it your way, I'll do it mine.

Haters gonna hate, and fortunately you remind us in every single chloro thread.

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

If you spec for opportunity its good to have things unmacroed so you can choose between nature's touch natures fury and vile spores depending on what's needed.

Ruin is good to have off macro so you can save it for when you need extra spike heal or you have to move. Radiant spores you shouldn't put it at the top because it lasts 16 sec and has 8 sec cooldown so you waste a lot of time overwriting your own debuffs unless you put it at the bottom of the macro like Uhgii did so it casts while you're moving.

It could be useful to start your macro like this to fit some other skills on with a modifier

#show whatever
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [shift] radiant spores
    cast [shift] stream of reclamation

Another reason not to use macros is cast time. For example you need to move soon but your group needs a heal quick and ruin/flourish is on cd. You might not have time for the nature's touch that is at the top of your macro but you might have time for vile spores and you wont be able to cast it without a dedicated button.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Chancellor Gowron View Post
    Another reason not to use macros is cast time. For example you need to move soon but your group needs a heal quick and ruin/flourish is on cd. You might not have time for the nature's touch that is at the top of your macro but you might have time for vile spores and you wont be able to cast it without a dedicated button.
    This is a good piece of information, and I should note that I do have buttons for the specific spells reachable on my hotbar, so if I need a specific spell for the time, I do use them. Generally for me, I resort to the "quicker consistent heals" macro which is the next key over for me, which removes NT from the equation, which I hit during the add phase on LGS, for example. I also have just a vile spores button I mash if I need consistent heals on the fly, and don't want to gamble on what my macro has queued up next.

Using a macro doesn't stop you from having other buttons unmacroed nearby to reach for in the given situations you've described, but Aux saying that "A Chloro that's spamming a macro, is doing it wrong" isn't legitimate. It doesn't work for him, and he works better without them. That's great, but to instruct people to do his his way or no way is ludicrous. Do what works for you, and what nets YOU and YOUR play-style the best results.
    Last edited by Uhgii; 08-07-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Sword of Telara

Macroing Ruin and Nature's Fury is not a good idea. It wasn't even a good idea pre-1.3 when you could faceroll on the keyboard and keep everyone alive but post-1.3 Chloro is much more about what to cast and when. Macroing abilities together is for making a rotation. There shouldn't be anything in your regular "rotation" as a Chloro other than VL and NT. All other spells are situational and YOU should decide when to cast them, not your macro.

+ Reply to Thread