+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Elementalist should become the Theurgist of this game

Default The Elementalist should become the Theurgist of this game

For those who never played DAOC, there was a class similar to the Elementalist, except instead of permanent pets it has spam able low duration pets, so basically imagine if I could cast multiple low dps air elementals on a target, or earth pets, in daoc these interrupted, and I think the concept could work in this game just as easy. For example

Earth elemental - would drain 3 powe from the target every time it hits, duration 30 seconds.

Water elemental - would drain 5 energy from the target every cast it lands on the target, duration 20 seconds

Air elemental - would interrupt every 5 seconds, duration 10 seconds.

You would basically try and get as many pets on a target as you could, and depending on the target you would use a specific pet. You could build the entire line around this concept and it would make the line even usuable by say Necromancer as you could basically be a pet caster, it would also bring flavor to an already generic line
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

As long as the earth pet ran at mach 10 I would play it :P

Guildwarstwo@Faeblight - Rogue
    Aesthetic@Faeblight - Mage
    Toms@Faeblight - Rogue
    Solemnity@Faeblight - Cleric
    Skill@Faeblight - Warrior

I would love that. I'm always surprised that other MMOs don't copy the Theurgist of Dark Age of Camelot - it's such an interesting class idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexus369 View Post
    Hello WoW players. Look at your toon, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me, but if it wasn't using low-res cartoony graphics and switched to RIFT it could look like it's me. Look down, back up. Where are you? You're in a rift with the toon your toon could look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it, it's an epic weapon. Look again, the weapon is now enchanted. Anything is possible when your toon is in RIFT and not in WoW. I'm on a turtle.

It would be far more interesting of a line that people soley spec for Tempest and maybe IE

Rift Chaser

Better idea:

/delete Elementalist
    /add Arcane Soul

Rift Disciple

Mages in DAOC = OP

Mages here... well...

Loved the theurg in pvp.

be nice to see elementalist be useful for other than just IE and Tempest

Quote Originally Posted by extinction View Post
    If the pets shared in our passive talents with us it would probably fix the entire tree tbh.

Elementalist pets should gain all the same bonuses from talents that we do and scale with our attributes. Otherwise what is the point of Tempest when the Elementalist himself does no damage anyway. Give Tempest to the Air and Fire ele's and now we're talking.

Theurgist was one of my favorite classes in that game by far. I loved the concept of swarming pets!. Was so much fun seing an army of elementals going after a mob or a player. The only thing I disliked about it is that the pets never built aggro so right at the beginning of a pull, I'd have to get as many off as I could before it got to me so that they could beat on the mob since I wouldnt be able to cast once the mob was on me.

I too am very surprised we havnt seen such a thing... They did a fantastic with most of the classes in that game... Most of them were a ton of fun and very unique.

Right now the Elementalist is nothing what I thought it would be... at all. Were "supposed" to have most of our dmg through our pet but thats not the case. I wish it were either like DAoC's Theurgist or Everquest 1's mage where you buffed the hell out of your pet, summoned many different items for him such as unique looking weapons, armor, burnout buffs, etc and depending on the type of element would go buck wild on the mob. Elementalist unfortunately in Rift is something Im just not enjoying... And it was the class I was intending on playing most but thats not the case
    Last edited by Bart151; 08-08-2011 at 03:16 PM.

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by extinction View Post
    Yea true that. I did keep a 51 elementalist build for a while just so i could switch to it just to use swarming flames to freak people out in pvp

Exactly, it's basically an elemental version of necromancer, We really don't need 2 Souls dedicated to pets of that nature.

Elementalist should change to something similar to Theurgist.

Rift Chaser

I have been suggesting this idea for a while, so naturally I support it. Elementalist needs a rework for sure.

Number of pets would have to be capped though, perhaps by pet summons having a CD that is decreased the more points are spent in the Ele tree.
    Last edited by Ashenne; 08-09-2011 at 02:00 AM.

I say every 5 Points in the elementalist increases the amount of pets you can have out

So 51 points, you get 10 pets you can throw on a target.

Shadowlander

+1 need a spam pet class =D

Plane Touched

I have never seen the theurgist class in action, so can't say much about it. But in all games where I played a summoner, "swarm pet" usually equals "lots of weak, squishy pets". And thats the opposite of what I want. Sorry, but I don't like swarm pets much, especially if they have to zerg the mob. The current elementalist swarming flames are acceptable as they stay at range, but I wouldn't go further than that.

No, I rather want the elementalist to have a single, super strong pet. Most of their damage should come from the it, with the elementalist buffing and supporting the pet.

I like the elementalist in its current form (with single pets). As I said I would love if their pets did more of their total damage tho, and I would like the pure (51pt) elementalist to do more damage than it does currently. I mean, I have fairly good gear now and with some raid buffs (bard int/wis buff, +200SP stone, brightsurge vial) I can just about break 1k dps on the dummy (of course maybe I just did not spec/play my elementalist correctly, what can others reach with a 51pt build?).

PLEASE MAKE THE PURE CLASSES VIABLE, TRION!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast