+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warlock/Pyro/Necro

Soulwalker

Talking Warlock/Pyro/Necro

I'm just playing around with the build calculator and, after several times of being wiped out by cinder burst I'm try to work pyro into my current build. Im not level 50 yet but this is the build I'm aiming to have at the end game.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...e0hoqoek.edzcz

I'm just wondering whether the great rift community could shine a light onto this build and tell me what I'm doing right/wrong
    Last edited by Bitorn; 08-06-2011 at 03:34 PM. Reason: new to links :S

Soulwalker

If you are going after Cinder Burst, then Pyromancer's Armor is a must to spec into and use. Any other spec is worthless as Cinder Burst is a 6 sec cast without it. You only cast it when it procs. It does plenty of damage but not enough to sit there for 6 sec suffering pushback or risking the chance of interrupt at 5.9 sec... Oh and it only procs on FIRE spells, not just any so you'll also want to go a heavy fire rotation to proc it as often as possible.

If you wanted it that bad, you have to make a hard decision. Either lose the 31 point in lock (dropping all the points from Warlock's Armor since you can only have one active at a time) or drop Soul Purge and other abilities from the necro tree.

TL;DR: Cinder Burst is only worth it in a full/heavy pyro spec and spell rotation.

Soulwalker

Im replacing the pyro armor by speccing into opportunity, its proc is absolute pwnage and activates loads. In a dungeon today it proc'ed pretty much every single spell cast for about 5 mins.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Bitorn View Post
    Im replacing the pyro armor by speccing into opportunity, its proc is absolute pwnage and activates loads. In a dungeon today it proc'ed pretty much every single spell cast for about 5 mins.
    Yeh but Pyromancers armour also refreshed the CD on Cinderburst whereas Oppurtunity does not so you will only be casting Cinderburst once every 30 seconds and ulr oppurtunity will be proccing alot quicker than that

Soulwalker

Default good point

much as i found to my dismay during some pvp today. but surely i could just use fireball on the proc during cinderburst CD?

Soulwalker

and to be honest i just wanted cinderburst/fireball to add to my build, so rather than it being my main focus, its just complimentary burst damage. Resulting in a nice combination of DoTs, burst and self-heal.
    Last edited by Bitorn; 08-07-2011 at 06:06 AM.

+ Reply to Thread