+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Eila's must have raid progression mage spec!

Rift Disciple

Default Eila's must have raid progression mage spec!

Hey all, I have something cool to share.

For all those mages dissatisfied with top-end DPS, here's a build that we think will benefit most progression guilds! It will enable you to pew pew, yet support and mitigate damage with the right gear.

This is the spec:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...V0z.VGttrtssdo

The rotation is simple, your favorite easy peasy SC AB/BS, but without Lightning Strike, Intensify Elements and (pet management?).

For me it does ~750 dps on the dummy, full T1 raid gear with a Pylon, will vary according to your experience with SC.

The biggest thing about this build is that it enables you to have TWO battle rezzes, situational off-healing with your stock-standard Bloom/Flourish, and limited but not miserable AE. (also dispel)

To increase its effectiveness for my raid, I run it with a full mitigation sigil (Frozen Deep One Tear and Hailstone Tideshard) and Token of Warding from Alsbeth. Shields for all, even with the recent re-tweaking of proc chance items, a very decent proc rate is apparent.

It has no way to regain mana apart from Living Shell, and with that being the ****tiest method you will have to use Heroic Mana Tonics.

You won't top any meters, but in a raid progression environment, the utility it brings is unparalleled, and completely stackable.

Credit to Eila for giving me the inspiration to try this out.

Peace

This is definetely a support spec and it can do many roles but doesnt utilize any of them to their full potential.

Bad dps, bad support heals, the only saving grace is two battle resses and I cant remember the last time we had a mage run a spec with two resses as opposed to a senticar.

I guess I just disagree, but hey - props for originality. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Rift Master

The most usefull things in this spec are the 3 types of rezzes. /irony off

Rift Chaser

Honestly, and I mean no disrespect to you, but if somebody turned up to a raid I was running with this spec, I would laugh and then tell them to switch back to stormcaller.

The only redeemable feature in this build is the two battle resses, and if you actually need your mages to spec for two of them to be able to raid, then I think there is a bigger problem.

Sorry, but I'm not seeing it. You've gone with a jack of all trades, master of none build, but it ends up being completely mediocre in every aspect.

I can see this spec working well for progression fights. Especially when a guild is still learning infiltrator, since some people have trouble moving.

However, if you're already in full T1 Raid gear, with a relic, then your guild should be good enough where you don't need 2 battle rezzes. You could help your raid more by doing more than twice the amount of dps that would pull off.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

Prophet of Telara

If I stood in the middle and AoE'd all day I'd probably break 4k. Terrible spec is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Chastity View Post
    For me it does ~750 dps on the dummy, full T1 raid gear with a Pylon
    I do that much in my proper raid-healing spec with a little less gear. Grats on being inventive, but no, this spec is not very good.

Rift Disciple

please read my last comment

Prophet of Telara

22 chloro 44 SC - makes no sense.

In no way should you need to spec a person just for multiple battle res's! And 750dps with full raid and pylon gear is shocking - see what I did there ;)
    Last edited by AlexTrickle; 08-16-2011 at 02:03 AM.

Your spec is still bad, gratz on killing zilas but there's a reason no one else will run this spec. It's stupid. Stop trying to be a special snowflake on the forums. There's no reason for you to come back to the forums and necro your own post and say "LOL LOOK AT MY AOE DMG ON ZILAS THIS SPEC IS GREAT!"

All you did was AoE, you probably didn't help on magi or spirits and you burst healed with flourish after spirits. (something one chloro can take care of anyway)

You could have done more damage if you had been SC / Ele or Pyro / ele and if people are dying in your raid due to mechanics that are avoidable, thats on them. Not all of us are in guilds where people draw aggro on adds, get hit by beam, stand in purple sh*t or ignore spirits so we have random deaths.

TL;DR version is This spec only works because you have sub-par people dying in your raids. Its mediocre healing thats unnecessary and the damage could be buffed had you sub spec'd into Elementalist instead.

sorry nope. bad spec is bad. all this is based around is 2 battle res's. which could of been prevented if you were 51 clora or had just enough dps to kill the boss b4 an enrage. with that said im Thead jacking you. this thread is now about ponies and bro's

Rocks says paper is OP. Scissors says Nerf rock.

Rift Chaser

All you have proven to me is that you know how to pad meters. DPS-wise, Zilas is an AoE fight, and any spec which has 30~ points in stormcaller can easily parse for huge numbers in any aoe fight with little effort. HPS has always meant less than nothing.

I remain steadfast in my previous opinion.
    Last edited by Void Seraphi; 08-16-2011 at 09:28 AM.
    You can't get there from here, Alice.

Soulwalker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...o.xtczmzo.xx0h
    i would go with something like that if i was going to make a dps chloromancer, u get more dps and better healing.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0zRk..Vthz0xoN
    or something like this for a little bit more dammage but the best burst healing chloro spec out thier

Hi Chas.

We've been running very light on heals and rezzes in HK in order to meet dps checks, so Chas came up with this to help things out.

My own view is that once we get geared out in HK level gear (or rk7-8 pvp stuff, which is likely to come quicker, but that's an entirely different rant) we won't need these sorts of expedients, but for now it has its occasional uses.

We also had to 19 man our Zilas kill, which called for a little creativity.

I don't know if I would necessarily recommend this for other mages in other guilds, but sometimes you have to make adjustments and think outside the box and take into consideration the peculiar circumstances you are in. A "bad" build might just meet those circumstances.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast