+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Best 1.4 mage dps pvp spec is...

Soulwalker

Default Best 1.4 mage dps pvp spec is...

re rolling a warrior.. discuss

Plane Touched

best spec, is called player's skill.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhain View Post
    Dude come on, I do as well as anyone, but compared to the simplicity of other classes and our inability to protect ourselves, the class has been nerfed to hell and gone. It doesn't seem to have any real power at all anymore.

Plane Touched

Strange cause i'm doing fine... and having the best burst of all classes.

Ascendant

Mage does not have the best burst. Best burst = a warrior with a badass weapon on a zero valor target.

*edited* nm
    Last edited by Carolius; 08-04-2011 at 07:26 AM.

Rift Chaser

Rerolling of FOTM? Just be patient and learn your favorite class. When your turn comes around you'll just be that much better. Hell, better than rolling a new character every patch..... I was waiting since Beta 5 for Dom to have its go around, and it was amazing. You remember how crappy they were in 1.0 right? 1.1? 1.2? Just be patient.

No amount of skill can make a severely underpowered class less underpowered.

Champion of Telara

This game is built on numbers.

No amount of skill will make a 5 more than a 10.

Plane Touched

Bad players always have excuses... fyi Icicle/LS + AB + LB = 2k+3k+3k, tell me who have the best burst?
    Last edited by Darkhain; 08-05-2011 at 02:31 AM.

Soulwalker

Bad players always have excuses... fyi Icicle/LS + AB + LB = 2k+3k+3k, tell me who have the best burst?
    Having a highly geared mage I know where those numbers came from: your *ss.
    Last edited by The Misnomer; 08-05-2011 at 02:48 AM.

Ascendant

LOL
    that burst is not high seriously.

Rift Disciple

Default Maybe not...

"Darkhain -
    Bad players always have excuses.."

This type of comment is of no use to anyone ever.

Did you know mashing 1 as a warrior is x+y+z+f+s+d+e+w+a+k+l+p = dead in 4-6 GCD's.

Why work hard to hit a similar level as a calling that can hit it with 1 button while watching tv or actually watching what's going on around them?

I've poisoned you and placed the antidote 1km north of your current location. The guy next to you has to just take the road that goes straight to it. He can walk in a straight line with a blinfold and he'll get it without any problems. You, however, have to climb that mountain, cross the river, run most of the way, through the caves, up a cliff face and through that swamp.

While you might be able to do it and say; pfft we both got the antidote so this is perfectly fine and you just need to L2P. I say why would I want to do that everytime I want to kill someone in PvP? That dude on your left can make the trip in 10 minutes while it will take you several hours. He can do it 20 times in the time it takes you to get it once.

It's possible. But it isn't fun. It isn't like that for any legitimate reason. But I expect you to put up with it forever simply because I say so.

I fail to see why, even if every calling was perfectly balanced, one player must work much harder than someone else for the same result. I don't want all callings easy/similar either. I understand that these gaps are needed and are what give callings their uniqueness but the distances between calling A and B shouldn't be worlds apart.

These differences like range/melee, burst/sustained, physical/damage, spammable/CD etc are what define classes but at the moment I don't see a single situation where having a mage with thier intricasies have any advantage whatsoever over other callings that perform much better and require less than 3 hands and a decrypter ring.

In any damage scenario warriors and rogues are better to have.
    In any situation Clerics are better to have than Chloro's.
    In any support/control situation a bard/cleric is better to have.

Especially in 1.4 where in most situations having a good DPS with a healing debuff is better than a healer anyway.

Before you respond with some iteration of: "I destroy WF's, you guys must be so bad and clearly I am not", that isn't what my post is saying. Read it.

RIFT Guide Writer Sekhmet The Fierce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malkieri View Post
    Why work hard to hit a similar level as a calling that can hit it with 1 button while watching tv or actually watching what's going on around them?
    If you are a warrior and mash one button in PvP, you are doing it wrong. If you are a warrior and you mash one button in PvE, you are doing it wrong. If you believe you can mash one button as a warrior and still win, well then, there's no hope for you.

Sure, mage rotations are complex. Sure, other callings have simpler rotations. But that does not make for "1-button warriors". If you are trying to make a legitimate complaint, try not to mix it misinformation or needless whine. It will help get the message across a lot more effectively.
    "Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein."
    He who fights with Monsters should look to it that He himself does not become a Monster. And when you gaze long into an Abyss, the Abyss also gazes into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast