+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Best 1.4 mage dps pvp spec is...

Quote Originally Posted by Zilica View Post
    Can we stop discussing burst damage and maybe try to actually share some viable builds etc people can try out?
    If there were any.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilica View Post
    Can we stop discussing burst damage and maybe try to actually share some viable builds etc people can try out?
    This is what i use if i'm not chlorolocking in pvp:

44 Stormcaller/18 Dom/4 Archmage (some of the points are weird but had to be spent to attain abilities)
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...z.qMttrtssdR.L

Several roots/pushbacks, transmogrify, deny, void shroud, priest's lament and arresting presence give you a lot of flexibility and control.

It has fairly high damage between arctic blast, lightning burst, raging storm, stormshackle and lightning field. Void Shroud and Priest's Lament also go a long way toward landing kills.
    Last edited by Capri Moon; 08-06-2011 at 07:05 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Capri Moon View Post
    This is what i use if i'm not chlorolocking in pvp
    Will try it out. Keep 'em coming!
    Pivan

Retired from Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Capri Moon View Post
    This is what i use if i'm not chlorolocking in pvp:

44 Stormcaller/18 Dom/4 Archmage (some of the points are weird but had to be spent to attain abilities)
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...z.qMttrtssdR.L

Several roots/pushbacks, transmogrify, deny, void shroud, priest's lament and arresting presence give you a lot of flexibility and control.

It has fairly high damage between arctic blast, lightning burst, raging storm, stormshackle and lightning field. Void Shroud and Priest's Lament also go a long way toward landing kills.
    I use something very similar when I'm not chlorock except 34/32 dom/sc
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...Mrk.V0xpbtss0o
    its my favorite spec out there to use, but its not as survivable as chlorolock, still:

AOE
    Forked Lightning, Lightning Fiel+Charged Field, Lightning Storm, Hailstorm, Traitorous Influence, Storm Shackle, Arctic Blast

Kiting/Defense Options
    Ride The Wind, Deny, Icy Vortex, Reflecting Presence, Reflective Command

CC
    Arresting Presence, Mass Exhaustion, Transmorgify, Death's Edict, Static Barrier, Wind Chill, Electrocute, Thunderblast (and other stuff like root from shackle, hypothermia snares, and roots from electrocute and raging storm)

Debuffs
    Void Shroud, Accelerated Decay, Incompetence

Single Target
    the usual sc rotation: raging storm, ice shear (you can divert two points into this if you want too), cloudburst, lightning blast, plus static discharge + split personality and storm shackle which are great burst (Sd applies to pets!)

Mana Drains
    Mana Wrench, Traitorous Influence, Transference

Anyways, this spec is a lot of fun to use, and most of its spell list has situational uses. It stands out the most in group v group combat though when its covered defensively enough to get aoes off, it is a bit on the sqiushy side, and it goes through mana fairly quick.
    Last edited by Inixia; 08-06-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Yne
    Soulwalker

AB can hit 6k easily with building storm. maybe try 35sc/31ele or 35sc/15am/16?dom maybe lock. ive hit for 8k before and i only have 1k sp, probably a low valour target though

Quote Originally Posted by Yne View Post
    AB can hit 6k easily with building storm. maybe try 35sc/31ele or 35sc/15am/16?dom maybe lock. ive hit for 8k before and i only have 1k sp, probably a low valour target though
    I hit a 10,005 damage AB on Murd today (:.
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

See my 1.4 PVP video in this forum for a little bit of 31 pyro 31 dom in action. I think it's still pleeeenty viable. You pretty much need to be 1200+ Spellpower in full R6 to run it, because it relies so much on overwhelming burst for survival. It's kinda the "best defense is a good offense" spec. And without the valor, you'll die before you can turn the fight with CC or power drains, etc.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-pyro-dom.html
    Last edited by Bleeds; 08-09-2011 at 11:34 AM.

Shadowlander

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...o.EdI00A0zRo.h

you can remove the points from am to lock or chloro to get silence or whaterver you like but prety much this is the best spec i found that mages have .... you need some valor gear though to see its full potential... end of story.
    Last edited by nikpower19; 08-09-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by nikpower19 View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...o.EdI00A0zRo.h

you can remove the points from am to lock or chloro to get silence or whaterver you like but prety much this is the best spec i found that mages have .... you need some valor gear though to see its full potential... end of story.
    As a relatively fresh 50 (I should hit r3 tomorrow), Chloro/Lock is pretty much the only spec I've enjoyed. I expect I'll go back to trying some other builds in the future, probably when I hit r4, but Chloro/Lock has been the best spec for grinding out those first few ranks and feeling like I was actually able to contribute to WFs.
    The Roguepocalypse is upon us!

Soulwalker

I've been testing these SC builds on the dummies and am loving the numbers I'm seeing. What kind of a rotation do you use for it though? When do you decide to use charge for static flux or BS?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Melee classes are always more bad-friendly than ranged. The problem arises when bads want to play ranged instead of melee, which would suit them much better.
    Shouldn't people that want to play ranged be allowed to play ranged without having to play a bottom feeder class? Bads are going to suck whether they play ranged or melee. At least let them suck better than the way things lay out now.

Mages are too squishy for the amount of damage they put out. In my opinion the problem lies with the battle field mobility of the melee classes. Especially the Warriors. They negate the supposed range "advantage" of the Mages. The current Mage defenses are too easily nullified. Give me a spell that gives me three "warp away when hit by melee" to counter the flying/warping/summoning Warriors. Even up the play field.

Quote Originally Posted by Acappella View Post
    Give me a spell that gives me three "warp away when hit by melee" to counter the flying/warping/summoning Warriors. Even up the play field.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/18427...t=1/Icy-Vortex
    &
    http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/14794...Static-Barrier
    closest thing?

2 or more mages running nec/loc dropping graverot. Pulled 1514 DPS in HK boss fights. Not the greatest but still respectable.
    Deepstrike,were the real men PvP.

Yne
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ArchivistCarrion View Post
    I hit a 10,005 damage AB on Murd today (:.
    woah very nice

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by raymurda View Post
    2 or more mages running nec/loc dropping graverot. Pulled 1514 DPS in HK boss fights. Not the greatest but still respectable.
    Graverot is shared? So...how do you do it, one necrolock assigned to keep it up?

(btw, just so you know, were < where in your sig)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast