+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloromancer questions

Soulwalker

Default Chloromancer questions

I am looking to branch my little mage into new areas. I want to set up and start using a Chloromancer spec. I am new to the game and so some of the abbreviations people are using in the threads confuses me. I have played other MMOs so once I figure out what each abbreviation means I will be fine.

My main question is this what should my Chloromancer spec look like at 20, 30, 40 and finally 50? I want an effective healing spec and I have seen people debating between various specs and usefulness. It looks like a lot of people say chloro/lock is best for healing, but others say chloro/dom or chloro/ele. What I am looking for is how these builds look and work at lower levels. And while I am intelligent, please feel free to explain the reasoning behind anything posted because, being new, I want to understand from the ground up why all of this works together. I feel it makes me more effective knowing why and how each spec works, rather than simply being told "Spec this way and then here is your rotation." While I don't mind being told that (And, in fact, encourage that), I want to know why the rotation is set up the way it is and what each piece does. Thank you for any help you are able to give.

Soulwalker

Hmmm Im sure we could all tell you exactly how everything works... but, if you just read all of the information when you are putting your points in certain abilities... you can probably make better sense that way. I think that Chloro is pretty self-explanatory... even mixing it with other souls isnt very bad either. You are mixing lock in with it for + charge ability and Opportunity proc. Extra casts = more possible healing, more charge = more Entropic Veil on top of your casts, then when you go up the tree you can see why that soul is picked (+ spell crit, spell dmg, etc.)

Plus, just using it will make it all make good sense :P I think that they have soul recommendations on RiftZam somewhere too - perhaps that will help you?

Rift Disciple

I am loving chloro. He is right just read the skills and try it out you will really enjoy the build.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokeo View Post
    I am loving chloro.
    I have to agree, I spec'd Chloro/lock for PvP (Im a lvl 37) and I am absolutely loving it. Even for PvE it is a viable build. I was actually amazed by the PvE performance.
    Chronyc (Formerly Naza@Shadefallen) - 50 R5 PvP Mage
    SirSensi - 19 Cleric
    Defiant - Deepwood

+ Reply to Thread