+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: fireball 500 damage per 2 seconds is a joke from Trion

Plane Touched

Default fireball 500 damage per 2 seconds is a joke from Trion

As the title says..
    With dam valors, every fireball hits for around 500 per hit every 2 seconds..
    Joke of the day..

I do so love the constructive-feedback element to some of the threads in the Mage forum...

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Cody101 View Post
    I do so love the constructive-feedback element to some of the threads in the Mage forum...
    ^^^

These feedbacks are from the heart and does not contain any defects..
    Last edited by killthedesires; 07-26-2011 at 04:41 AM.

Rift Chaser

what is your rank, Spell power, and spec? 500 is really low i know i hit for 800-1400 depending on if it crits and what rank they are. I am rank 6 but do not yet have all of my rank 6 gear yet. I will say cinder burst and fulminate hit way to low but fireball is where it should be at.

Quote Originally Posted by vaddar View Post
    what is your rank, Spell power, and spec? 500 is really low i know i hit for 800-1400 depending on if it crits and what rank they are. I am rank 6 but do not yet have all of my rank 6 gear yet. I will say cinder burst and fulminate hit way to low but fireball is where it should be at.
    So you are saying we should only rely on random procs to do burst dmg . our main spell should suck big time , right?

As Vaddar said, this discussion is completely defined by the ranks and gear of the Mage and his target. If the Mage is only Rank 1 going up against Rank 6, then I'd say you'd be doing pretty well to get 500 damage out of a single fireball. Out of all the playstyle aspects of Rift, PvP is probably the most dependent on gear quality rather than personal skill

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Cody101 View Post
    As Vaddar said, this discussion is completely defined by the ranks and gear of the Mage and his target. If the Mage is only Rank 1 going up against Rank 6, then I'd say you'd be doing pretty well to get 500 damage out of a single fireball. Out of all the playstyle aspects of Rift, PvP is probably the most dependent on gear quality rather than personal skill
    I am rank 5.. spell power 1074 unbuffed...
    I hit mage for around 700-800, but rogue, cleric and warrior around 500-550... its a joke..

Heres a hint, dont use nerfed specs.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Sounds a little bit like you are hitting tanks. Also, casting fireball every 2 seconds is the worst possible way to play a pyro.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanas View Post
    Heres a hint, dont use nerfed specs.
    That only destroys the diversity of different soul combos being used in PvP.

Do you really want only parachamps, dominators, MM's and, well, any kind of healer to be viable? Because that seems to be the bulk of the people PvPing right now.

I'd rather see fireballs flying accross the screen, stormcallers raining down hail storms, 2h warriors smashing faces in the front lines, assassins sneaking behind enemy lines to eliminate casters etc etc etc
    Surah - Lvl 50/P4/T2 Kelari Mage - Molinar
    Surax - Lvl 50 Bahmi Warrior - Molinar

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    Sounds a little bit like you are hitting tanks. Also, casting fireball every 2 seconds is the worst possible way to play a pyro.
    What do you suggest? Aside from heat wave which is on a semi-long cooldown? Our flame bolt is also on a cooldown (unless wildfire procs). Generally our DoTs are weak, therefore a waste of time. I took flame jet right off my bar.

So, what is the best way to play a pyro, sir? Because we are stuck standing still to do any kind of damage and even if we do....fulminate might as well be the same as fireball. That is, if we can generate enough charge before someone hacks us to pieces in a few swings because everyone is immune to our already weak CC...
    Surah - Lvl 50/P4/T2 Kelari Mage - Molinar
    Surax - Lvl 50 Bahmi Warrior - Molinar

Plane Touched

i am full p6 with 1150 sp, and my fulminate and CB hits on my friend full p6 rogue for 1200, fireballs hit for 500-600. this soul is not good for pvp.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    What are the options?

I do fine in pvp with pyro/archmage. People melt.
    Bluntski - The Fallen Sons - Prestige 8 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Warm View Post
    I do fine in pvp with pyro/archmage. People melt.
    Yes of course. If you (as a Rank 6 players) is attacking Rank 0 or 1 players, then it will be like a hot knife through butter. Try comparing your same attacks against a few people who are on par with your gear level, and lets see how quickly they melt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast