+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How I top the Raid healing meters.

Default How I top the Raid healing meters.

Hello, Im Newb - Raid leader and top Raid healer for a progression based guild on Sunrest. I have been reading some forums lately and saw some people had some questions as far as Raid Healing went so i figured i would show you what i do and if you like it, you can use it yourself.

Ive 2 healed a 20 man Raid Rift and maxxed out around 2400 HPS ( Life Rift - Stillmoor )

I typically hit around 1400 or so in raids as our typical set up is 1 51 puri for tank healing 1 LBV chloro for Backup, 2 Raid Chloros, 2 AOE cleric heals, 1 Hybrid cleric and a Bard. Naturally you look at 1400 and wont think its that great but when you run our set up its pretty much a race to heal lol even the bard hits 700 HPS so : /

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...VVx.EdI0VA00oR - My version of 36/30 Chlorlock

I might spec a little diff than most but i find this way is effective for my playstyle.

Reasons:
    Phytogenesis - Dont take, we typically have a designated chloro specd into it to use it on the Boss.
    Call of Spring - Some people dont like it since it only effects bloom,flourish etc.. But on Fights like Plutonus-Hylas- Pretty much any fight with a big aoe dmg phase.. Flourish is your best friend.
    Enduring Tether - Yea some people might move those points, But RNG hits random ****** early. You set your chloros first in the Brez Rotation and you might have another Brez up near the end of the fight depending on the Boss via encounter time.

Notice i dont take Synth or NT - I prefer not to use NT even on Oppo Procs i think going into this is a waste of points.

So dependant on your awareness as far as boss mechanics go the way you can top HPS with this build is simply doing a few things.

Know when the Static DMG is coming !
    Hylas- Fracture hits: you flourish, Understand that roughly 5 seconds or so after your Flourish comes back off of CD you will be hit with another fracture, so if you dont have someone calling it out, your wit will prevail and as always hit flourish right as the dmg hits so you can get the max benefit of the heal instead of clean up.

Plutonus- So Philter hits use Vile spores and Ruin to heal your people up dont blow fourish, Know that (For us aleast 2 philters before 1 pillar ) Know that after the 2nd philter to cast living growth so as soon as the pillar breaks you have 1 aoe heal out, you can flourish and follow it by a ruin ( if up ).

These are a couple of Examples of what i typically do on heavy AOE healing fights.

Macro for this build would be this.

#show ruin
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast sacrifice life: damage
    cast Vile Spores
    cast Searing Vitality

keep up withering Vines, and use entropic veil as often as you can, But make sure you are not charge starved when you need to Wild Growth.
    And hotkey your Ruin and use as needed instead of in a macro based rotation.

Also as you see i have searing Vitality at the end of the macro - Reason being is cause you cant really do much when your moving and as your macro will skip over a castable spell and use any insta cast in it while you run you can Dot the boss and also refresh your SV.

-Wall of Txt hits you -

Ok so the other spec i use.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...x0V.EdIhVA0zoR 16 Archon - 10 Dom - 40 Chloro

-*-*- UNLIMITED MANA-*-*-

So i run in T3 gear with Genesis Pylon so i am at the point where Int is = or close to Sp Pwr and Crit gains are improved.

I was messing around with this spec and it ended up working out really well. This is not for a basic T2 geared Chloro, But typically for someone with a little higher end raid gear as this spec will scale even better with more base int.

The break down works Like this.
    16 Archon - I wanted Rock Slide, I get some personal Buffs with AD,CR - But these typically will be kept up by an Archon or Overwritten by raid buffs so use at the start for some personal gain.
    Imp pillaging stone gets you more stats than basic 0 point pillaging stone for more Int gain.
    Exhilaration- 4 points, 2% mana back on crits.. i can start an encounter at 10% mana and finish at 100% with no mana return abilities/pots etc.
    A slightly decent Tank shield just incase though not hardly ever used.

10 Dom - Well obvious choice for wanting more stats.. 10% int gained.
    Charged shield - ( if mages are SC/ELE or Pyro/ELE and not Necro/Dom ) You will put this mainly on any tanks.
    Reflective command.. which keeps me using this specific build on Uruuluk, in order to reflect his cast back onto him incase our 51 archon gets pillard or as Backup incase he gets tunnel visioned.
    Deny - yea well havnt really had much use for it but its there.
    Memory Wipe for that Melee Sab who cant seem to want to keep his incriminate macro on CD.

40 Chloro- Pretty much everything i explained in Chloro Lock applies here, Except now you are the token Spore guy.
    I take living shell more as a oh crap shield and have no intention on the mana return portion of it as its not needed.
    Also i have experimented a little with Blight - I.E Throwing it onto GS During add phase to try and counter the health he regains if he regains any at all considering how fast the adds die.
    And Also onto Uruuluk incase (insert ****) decided they dont want to move away when they get called out for crystal and place it to close to him. Also during the last 30% of the encounter when the Tank has to run into the red pulsing radius with the adds who heal Uru when they get to close to him.

My macro for this spec looks like this ( same macro )

#show ruin
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast sacrifice life: damage
    cast Vile Spores
    cast Searing Vitality

Same principles apply as before. Except i dont put Radiant Spores into my macro as you typically can get better results casting it yourself since its an 8 second CD and a 16 second buff. You lose a lot of wasted cast time macroing it since it will use a GCD.

If you are not that smart and think you will forget to refresh it - Go for it. Macro it to pieces lol.

Setup Binds to the keys you will need and use them as they are needed.

Well im all typed out im sure im probably forgetting something, and im sure some Forum troll will come in here talking about how bad i am for not focusing on a certain something.

This is what i use and my guild will more than vouch for me. Ill grab some Fresh ACT's Next week and will throw them up on here for you to see so you cant say @#E#@ PARSES OR IT NEVER HAPPENED @##@.

Best of Luck and if you have any questions you may come meet me ingame, i welcome whispers and wont turn anyone away. You may also reply to this post and i can answer questions for you here.

- Newb - Raid Leader for <Incriminate> Sunrest Shard.

No thoughts ?

XiL

AoE Spores + Devouring Shadows = BIG HEALS. Always put 3 points in spores.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

Sez

Here's the thing about HPS:

Unlike DPS, there is only so much damage done to your team, therefore there is only so much healing you can do. People with high HPS are usually FASTER healers, yes. In a perfect group, all your healers would have very similar HPS.

All you are saying by telling me you are top HPS is that your guild's healers are slow, and not pulling their weight.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by XiL View Post
    AoE Spores + Devouring Shadows = BIG HEALS. Always put 3 points in spores.
    But you can only have 1 spores on the mobs. Like i said we usually have 1 chloro set to spores.

XiL

Quote Originally Posted by NecroNewb View Post
    But you can only have 1 spores on the mobs. Like i said we usually have 1 chloro set to spores.
    If you have a tank chloro and a raid chloro (any more is stupid) the Tank chloro should focus the tank at all times and you being the raid chloro in 36/30 spec should be taking care of AoE spores. It is a loss of HPs for the tank chloro to worry about spores.
    Last edited by XiL; 07-26-2011 at 03:08 PM.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Here's the thing about HPS:

Unlike DPS, there is only so much damage done to your team, therefore there is only so much healing you can do. People with high HPS are usually FASTER healers, yes. In a perfect group, all your healers would have very similar HPS.

All you are saying by telling me you are top HPS is that your guild's healers are slow, and not pulling their weight.
    Not really, Just because your fast doesnt mean your effective. And just because im fast doesnt mean that my guilds other healers are ineffective. It's Just like i stated with this spec you can do 2400-2500 HPS but i also showed the benefits to the specs.

Rift Chaser

Your section on knowing when static damage is coming threw up a few warning lights for me, since you are actively trying to be the first to get the healing done there instead of, as you say, "clean up". By reacting faster than the other healers, you effectively pad your healing because they don't get to heal as much because there is only so much healing which can be done, unlike damage where there is no limit as to how much can be done.

The above posters are right. You can't judge a good healer by reading a meter, so I am going to remain neutral. You could be a good healer, or a bad one, and that build might be good, I don't know, but I don't think you should be encouraging people to pad their hps so that they appear good on parsers.
    Last edited by Void Seraphi; 07-26-2011 at 03:49 PM.

You run 6 healers and 2 support healers....?

Wow, talk about healing overkill.
    Nymaeria < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Cleric (Sentinel/Warden/Justicar) on Briarcliff
    Rhendali < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Rogue (Riftstalker/Bladedancer/Ranger) on Briarcliff

Telaran

If you're doing 2600 in a raid scene, that means you need to check up on your other healers...If everyone knows the fights and knows when big hits are coming everyone should be effectively healing the same. Now mind you some may be higher or lower but one person doing that much healing? Someone needs to pick up the pace.
    Last edited by IcanHazWin; 07-26-2011 at 04:00 PM.
    Veni Vidi Vici.
    "Goddam it, you'll never get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole! Follow me!" -Captain Henry P. Jim Crowe
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton

The point of this thread was to show the capabilities of the specs, as i said i usually hit around 1400 cause yes we typically run healer heavy.

And sorry a chloro has 4 options when a big hit occurs 1. Flourish 2. Wild Growth 3. Ruin 4. Vile spores spam

We are not duracells or inquisicars where we can just hit aoe heal over and over. Which is typically better for clean up duty for say someone like Hylas where you get hit with the fracture, you heal it up. And then you have the dot tick which will be taken care of by a duracaell,bard,ruin etc.

And running healer heavy is not bad.. our healers have the option to DPS and the point of multiple roles is to be able to do so. But if we can effectively kill a boss with more healers than less, The safer the better.

I could spend an hr attempting plutonus with a tank healer and 1 chloro or duracell just so 18 other people could pew pew away in hopes that we dont wipe like Bluedot.

But we are casualcore and look to do it right the first time and if that means running healer heavy for fights then so be it, our dps doesnt have problems with encounters.

Shield of Telara

how I top the raid healing meters?

keep spores up, flourish+ruin after every ae. afk the rest of the fight.

Rift Chaser

I don't have an issue with you trying to help out and inform people of decent specs and rotations, in fact, I think I can safely say that those who don't appreciate the effort are generally not worth being angry at.

But that doesn't change the fact that you are telling people that they should pad their hps meters (by casting flourish quickly, for example) so that it looks like they are excellent healers when in reality there is no way of knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Seraphi View Post

But that doesn't change the fact that you are telling people that they should pad their hps meters (by casting flourish quickly, for example) so that it looks like they are excellent healers when in reality there is no way of knowing.
    Im saying the way to get the most effect out of your heal is to be the first to cast it on a big DMG spike because my flourish will hit people for 2.4k where if im casting a vile spores and am a half second late on the flourish it will be clean up and my flourish will hit for 1200-1500 on people instead cause they have already been healed partially.

I understand Meters are not a guaranteed way to comprehend good healing vs bad healing. But if people want to know the way to maximise or Top healing then a few simple tips like knowing the cast sequence of boss timers to be ready to cast such and such spell will help not only your #'s but your guild in general.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroNewb View Post
    Im saying the way to get the most effect out of your heal is to be the first to cast it on a big DMG spike because my flourish will hit people for 2.4k where if im casting a vile spores and am a half second late on the flourish it will be clean up and my flourish will hit for 1200-1500 on people instead cause they have already been healed partially.

I understand Meters are not a guaranteed way to comprehend good healing vs bad healing. But if people want to know the way to maximise or Top healing then a few simple tips like knowing the cast sequence of boss timers to be ready to cast such and such spell will help not only your #'s but your guild in general.
    Sorry, my Flourish hits for more, as 51 point chloro. Spamming Flourish faster doesn't mean you're better, and certainly doesn't mean you're maximizing healing. Just means you know how to spam faster than your other healers. All your healers should be around the same, but if you're running with 6 healers and 2 support.... you're way out doing it. If you can't kill it, over heal everyone till it's dead?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast