+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mages have it bad

Soulwalker

Default Mages have it bad

Generally im just annoyed with dev not showing any love for mages

1. chrolomancer not being able to receive heals from other life giving veil, where's the love when you cant even lookout for your fellow mages

2.[Dominator an 'anti mage' mage

This calls for a mage union, as if getting killed by every other class wasn't enough

3. pyromancer, dev must consider all player who use pyro is be stupid
    as if being a glass cannon wasn't enough they give us dud cannon balls

Pyromancer greater essence - Flame touched soul stone cost 50 inscribed source stones

After casting countdown spell power increase by 31 for 15 sec

Lesser essence - cost 20 inscribed source stones - 2 example below

Death rites
    intel + 15 Wis + 15 spell power + 16 death resist + 16

Mystic River
    intel + 24 Wis + 10 spell power + 11 water resist + 16

For those who aren't mages ill explain what the stats mean

Greater essence 'flame touched soul stone'
    Require cast to proc
    31 spell power for 15 sec

lesser essence 'Death rites'
    no cast required
    [/B]31 spell power
    15 spell crit
    mana regain
    16 death resist

lesser essence 'mystic river'
    28 spell power
    24 spell crit
    mana regain
    16 water resist

Paying 2.5 time more inscribed sourcestones for less?

Anyone else feel my pain?
    Last edited by Ximmi; 07-25-2011 at 06:40 PM.

I'll let you in a little secret: every class's greaters are terrible
    Hiphop - Cleric
    Nasa - Warrior
    of <Dominance>, Faemist

Quote Originally Posted by Bobopedic View Post
    I'll let you in a little secret: every class's greaters are terrible
    Not true, my recent videos highlight void knights, and when I get war lords I will unleash the shield-o-matic, forums will never be the same.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Click to watch my vidyas.
    140 + PvP, oPvP, PvE all classes.

Plane Touched

I still play my Pyro mage, because I refuse to jump ship to the new FOTM soul combos, but I do want some of my damage back, as it stands now it's pathetic.

Weakest armor in the game, low health, CC that everyone seems to be immune to, very little mobility while trying to put out damage and even still the damage is sub-par.

Really frustrates me that Trion broke this soul as much as they did. I'm inclined to say that they didn't test this as much as they should have.

Oh well, I can't see myself playing this game much longer anyway. Rank 7 and 8 will just make the balance issues worse
    Surah - Lvl 50/P4/T2 Kelari Mage - Molinar
    Surax - Lvl 50 Bahmi Warrior - Molinar

Prophet of Telara

First of all, the majority of greaters in this game are horribad. Second of all, mages are fine. Warriors could be toned down a tad, and the Cleric healing nerf will hopefully help bring them into line. No, mages aren't OP and making everyone explode in 1 GCD like they were for so long, now they have to L2P. There are a couple mean specs out there - that some people already consider to be OP. You won't be getting love any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ximmi View Post
    Generally im just annoyed with dev not showing any love for mages

1. chrolomancer not being able to receive heals from other life giving veil, where's the love when you cant even lookout for your fellow mages
    Well, at least Chloros can get some self-love, if not any sweet, sweet, mage-on-mage loving.
    Currently on Estrael.
    Gralzeim - Guardian Mage
    Vinden - Guardian Rogue
    Amywienia - Guardian Cleric
    Lissallyne - Guardian Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Akia View Post

Really frustrates me that Trion broke this soul as much as they did. I'm inclined to say that they didn't test this as much as they should have.
    They tested GOS on PTS under the guise of moving it from -30% mitigation to -20% mitigation. Then when it got released they suddenly went with +70% armor magic by 60. Why they would test it at 10% and then go with that is beyond me, but totally in line with their policy of over compensating.
    Last edited by Stratacaster; 07-26-2011 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ximmi View Post
    Ya know, everything else is meh, but this part really annoy's me... I have no idea why that little stipulation is even in the veils. Especially LBV, considering it's our tank healing veil, its splash heals are pretty pathetic on ourselves, and if we've got a chloro raid healing, the LBV healer is kinda left out.

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    First of all, the majority of greaters in this game are horribad. Second of all, mages are fine. Warriors could be toned down a tad, and the Cleric healing nerf will hopefully help bring them into line. No, mages aren't OP and making everyone explode in 1 GCD like they were for so long, now they have to L2P. There are a couple mean specs out there - that some people already consider to be OP. You won't be getting love any time soon.
    Can not agree anymore than I already do, very well said.
    Respectfully
    Artega
    UnlimitedChaos.guildlaunch.com

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Guaritor View Post
    Ya know, everything else is meh, but this part really annoy's me... I have no idea why that little stipulation is even in the veils. Especially LBV, considering it's our tank healing veil, its splash heals are pretty pathetic on ourselves, and if we've got a chloro raid healing, the LBV healer is kinda left out.
    it gets worse in a raid
    im playing archon sub specc'd into chrolo then realise i dont receive 1/2 the heals from our chrolo

so in that respect i have the least armor from all classes lowest hp and receive the least heals

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Guaritor View Post
    Yeah I'd love to see clerics be unable to heal each other. "Oh sorry you can either heal the tank and NOT yourself, or heal the raid and yourself but not the person healing the tank or the tank!" but clerics would still have better armor but they'd unsub in DROVES if Trion told them that kind of nonsense!

In warfronts, players go after chloro healers first.

They had something unique with chloro, and gutted it. They had something amazing with bard, and gutted it.

All this nerfage just from cleric jealousy is kind of pathetic. Trion, cleric damage soul needs to be on par with mages, and mage healing soul needs to be on par with clerics. Rogue healing soul needs to be on par with other healing souls! This gives players OPTIONS FOR MORE DIFFERENT KINDS OF FUN.

*Sigh*
    WARNING: Contents may be Irish.
    <Bountiful> on Faeblight, 50 Mage Bahmi
    taking some time off in a galaxy far, far away.
    We're tiny but mighty! RAWR!

Telaran

Ya know, I get real tired of everyone trashing on the Pyro spec. Just because people don't know how to play it doesn't mean it isn't any good. I have used the Pyro/Lock spec basically since hitting 50. And I am almost always on top of parses. Sure it fluctuates from encounter to encounter. And using it can be a pain. Staying in your damage ground effect can be menacing at times as well. But for the most part it is the most complete build I have found.

I am not sure what normal parses are for people in my guilds progression. We are currently running through GSB and we haven't had any DPS"ing problems thus far. Infiltrator goes down with relative ease. So I know our DPS check is in line with where it should be.

I get out dps'd from time to time. It is a competitive race. We don't have a ton of warrior DPS in our raid. Mostly it is Mages and Rogues. Only one Rogue gives me competition, when one of our warriors goes DPS he usually wins. But I pull a consistent 900 DPS on raid mobs in my Pyro spec in single target. And that is without one single piece of raid gear. All T1 and T2 epics.

And AE's I am very close to a Stormcaller/Elementalist. Yet I don't see much dps come from them on single target parsing.

I think a lot of people give the Pyro spec a bad rap because they aren't using them right. People are obsessed with macro's and think that is the only way to play anything anymore. I use macro's on my Warrior but I do not use them on my Mage. Pyro is very situational.

I have ran many many pick up T2's and very rarely get out parsed. I am not saying I am gods gift to DPS I am simply stating that if you don't understand a spec that doesn't mean its garbage and anyone is stupid for playing it. It just means the people that do play it and make it work "get it"

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Moloka View Post
    Ya know, I get real tired of everyone trashing on the Pyro spec. Just because people don't know how to play it doesn't mean it isn't any good. I have used the Pyro/Lock spec basically since hitting 50. And I am almost always on top of parses. Sure it fluctuates from encounter to encounter. And using it can be a pain. Staying in your damage ground effect can be menacing at times as well. But for the most part it is the most complete build I have found.

I am not sure what normal parses are for people in my guilds progression. We are currently running through GSB and we haven't had any DPS"ing problems thus far. Infiltrator goes down with relative ease. So I know our DPS check is in line with where it should be.

I get out dps'd from time to time. It is a competitive race. We don't have a ton of warrior DPS in our raid. Mostly it is Mages and Rogues. Only one Rogue gives me competition, when one of our warriors goes DPS he usually wins. But I pull a consistent 900 DPS on raid mobs in my Pyro spec in single target. And that is without one single piece of raid gear. All T1 and T2 epics.

And AE's I am very close to a Stormcaller/Elementalist. Yet I don't see much dps come from them on single target parsing.

I think a lot of people give the Pyro spec a bad rap because they aren't using them right. People are obsessed with macro's and think that is the only way to play anything anymore. I use macro's on my Warrior but I do not use them on my Mage. Pyro is very situational.

I have ran many many pick up T2's and very rarely get out parsed. I am not saying I am gods gift to DPS I am simply stating that if you don't understand a spec that doesn't mean its garbage and anyone is stupid for playing it. It just means the people that do play it and make it work "get it"
    you realize 900 raid buffed is pretty bad right?

Telaran

pyros actually are okish in raid setting with top notch gear and a mob that doesnt require any moving at all xD

Quote Originally Posted by qruf View Post
    pyros actually are okish in raid setting with top notch gear and a mob that doesnt require any moving at all xD
    Well, they also have the advantage of not being heavily affected by target switches unlike the rest of our specs. There may by a few fight's i'd keep a pyro build around on just for that fact.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast