+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Archon Stat priority?

Banned

Default Archon Stat priority?

Hey I am relatively new to mages, just wonder what the stat priority would be for Archon.

Thanks.

Soulwalker

int/valor/endurance/focus in no particular order, just try to stack those. wisdom last imo

Quote Originally Posted by Firedropx View Post
    int/valor/endurance/focus in no particular order, just try to stack those. wisdom last imo
    Valor?

10 char

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

Banned

For PvE. I should of specified

Rift Disciple

same as all other souls
    sp is what u want

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Firedropx View Post
    What is wrong with you?

In order:

1. (a) Focus (Until you reach ~220; then stop getting more focus. Sub out focus for other stats and don't go too far over 220).
    ---(b) Endurance (You really don't need to stack this at all. You can raid every encounter with a T1/T2/crafted gear mix with an ok sigil. If you have very low health this is what you stack as Archon so you don't stress the healers. Once you stop dying 8 times per fight while everyone else seems to be miraculously alive... You can stop getting endurance and start subbing in the real stats you want below).
    2. Spell Power.
    3. Int.
    4. Wisdom.
    Last edited by woopedazz; 07-25-2011 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by woopedazz View Post
    What is wrong with you?

In order:

1. (a) Focus (Until you reach ~220; then stop getting more focus. Sub out focus for other stats and don't go too far over 220).
    ---(b) Endurance (You really don't need to stack this at all. You can raid every encounter with a T1/T2/crafted gear mix with an ok sigil. If you have very low health this is what you stack as Archon so you don't stress the healers. Once you stop dying 8 times per fight while everyone else seems to be miraculously alive... You can stop getting endurance and start subbing in the real stats you want below).
    2. Spell Power.
    3. Int.
    4. Wisdom.
    Nah, if you have trouble staying alive you spec defensive, like 10/11 elementalist

for the rest.. what he ^ said
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

Rift Chaser

If you use searing vitality and keep that up, as well as macroing consuming flames to be cast on yourself when off cooldown (Put it before pillaging stone in your archon macro, so it doesn't get cast over your temporary buffs) then you shouldn't have any problems at all with survivability. It's even better if you put 10 points into elementalist for the 10% mitigation.

The spec I used when I started raiding was 51 arch/10 ele/5 lock, and I never needed to stack any endurance whatsoever, and that was in full T2 gear.

Soulwalker

lol you guys are all talking about lvl50 specs, hes obviously under lvl30

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Pendu View Post
    Nah, if you have trouble staying alive you spec defensive, like 10/11 elementalist

for the rest.. what he ^ said
    Ehhhh, A casual guildie's alt dies a fair bit in crafted gear on Hylas if he's there and Archon to let me dps. I'm aiming it more at someone who doesn't know what stat priority is, therefore is unlikely to have any good gear. But you're right.
    Last edited by woopedazz; 07-25-2011 at 09:27 PM.

As Archon your stat priority should be:

Focus till your progression cap: 100 for t2's, 150 for raid rifts, 220 for t1 raids, 320 if doing HK when it releases.
    Int
    Spell Power
    Spell Crit/End
    Wis
    "Other"

Int is far more important to being a good Archon than Spellpower as Int directly affects your mana pool, which in turn affects Mental Flare, Leaching Flames, and Exhilaration. Although 90% of the time the gear you want will have high Int and Spellpower, so this point is somewhat moot.

Endurance is important for Consuming Flames purposes, but is not generally a "Gear for me" stat.

Soulwalker

Why is end important for consuming flames? I do think end is important for archon, alot less dying and if you're dead you can't do much.
    Last edited by Tamara99; 07-31-2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara99 View Post
    Why is end important for consuming flames? I do think end is important for archon, alot less dying and if you're dead you can't do much.
    As 51 archon you get a tree ability that increases the damage absorbed by consuming flames by 10% of your maximum health. When you shield, it's best to have it absorb the most possible no?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by LatsyrcMoy View Post
    As 51 archon you get a tree ability that increases the damage absorbed by consuming flames by 10% of your maximum health. When you shield, it's best to have it absorb the most possible no?
    This was changed ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    This was changed ages ago.
    Nope, Martyr's Solace: Increases the damage absorbed by your Consuming Flames by 2%(4%/6%) of your Maximum health.

Looks like it's still there (though 10% was wrong).
    Last edited by LatsyrcMoy; 08-01-2011 at 09:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast