+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OK srsly, can someone explain me whats going on with Chloro and their Veil?

Soulwalker

Default OK srsly, can someone explain me whats going on with Chloro and their Veil?

So i came back to rift on the free week.... I had a 26 shaman blah blah blah, tought it was boring.

Made a Chloro when I came back... So i put some stats and get Veils skills. WALL OF ****ING TEXT.

I try to read them. What I figure is...

Lifegiving Veil: Mainly an AoE Heal for 90% of my damage to 5 people.

Livebound Veil: Mainly an AoE Heal for 25% of my damage to 5 people. BUT, If i put Synthesis on the tank, he gets an additional 160% heal.

If say I cast a Vilespore that does 100 damage.

Lifeginving veil would heal everyone for 90HP
    Lifebound veil would heal the tank for 25HP + 160% = 40HP. everyone else for 25HP

And to be honest, thats exactly whats happening. At least at my level (30 ish). I never put Livebound veil, It heals for half Livegivings'... I've tryed to search on forums. I've seen plenty of people arguing that Lifebound was working as intented to heal a tank.. but then, what the hell am I doing wrong?

Please en light me.
    Last edited by Jerazhia; 07-25-2011 at 12:18 PM.

on a 100 damage nuke, I would expect Lifebound to heal the tank for:

100 * (1.60 + .25) = 185HP

The bigger heals come from Nature's Touch.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    on a 100 damage nuke, I would expect Lifebound to heal the tank for:

100 * (1.60 + .25) = 185HP

The bigger heals come from Nature's Touch.
    I swear to god its not healing my synthesis'd tank for more than Livegiving. EVER. So either Rift screwed up on the math. Or I am crazy man.... I'll try to come up with some Screenshot.

Iv'e red that Nature's touch isn't really good unless u cast it off an Opportunity proc. Otherwise the Cast time is too big. Something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerazhia View Post
    I swear to god its not healing my synthesis'd tank for more than Livegiving. EVER. So either Rift screwed up on the math. Or I am crazy man.... I'll try to come up with some Screenshot.

Iv'e red that Nature's touch isn't really good unless u cast it off an Opportunity proc. Otherwise the Cast time is too big. Something like that.
    Are you under level 50? Because with less than 32 points in chloro means the conversion rate is only 30% with lifebound veil.

Hethroin's numbers are wrong:
    at 30% (under level 50):
    100 damage heals for 78 on vile spores
    at 60% (51 points in chloro):
    100 damage heals for 156 on vile spores
    Obviously these are just to the tank. Flourish should cover most AoE healing requirements to the party.

Really the only thing that allows you to heal is Natures Touch, which does a separate 100% damage done with 160% bonus heal. Pre50 healing is pretty damned hard if your tank doesn't overgear the content from what I have seen.
    Last edited by wallweasels; 07-25-2011 at 01:18 PM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by wallweasels View Post
    Are you under level 50? Because with less than 32 points in chloro means the conversion rate is only 30% with lifebound veil.

Hethroin's numbers are wrong:
    at 30% (under level 50):
    100 damage heals for 78 on vile spores
    at 60% (51 points in chloro):
    100 damage heals for 156 on vile spores
    Obviously these are just to the tank. Flourish should cover most AoE healing requirements to the party.

Really the only thing that allows you to heal is Natures Touch, which does a separate 100% damage done with 160% bonus heal. Pre50 healing is pretty damned hard if your tank doesn't overgear the content from what I have seen.
    I'm not understanding your math at all. Where are you getting the .78 coefficient from?

If it hits for 100, you have 100(.3+1+.6) or 100(1.9)=190. Hethroin had the right idea but its 30%, not 25% like the OP claimed. If you were 51 chloro, thats 100(.3+1+.6+.015(20)) or 100(2.2)=220.
    Last edited by Zhurial; 07-25-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Soulwalker

OK yeh, now I see them big heals from NAtures touch.. But damn it has a long CD. What should be my Macro? Which one do i cast first?

it seems smart-healing is screwing you prioritizing others before tank on ticks.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?229724
    Last edited by Valentr; 07-25-2011 at 10:03 PM.
    used to be a proud member of Rift Runners till madness took over.

Sword of Telara

Pre-50 your main heal is Nature's Touch. It's slow but it heals much more than Vile Spores. Withering Vine is much better at lower levels then at 50 so use it. Radiant Spores is still a very effective spell, so use it.

I've been healing dungeons with my new mage started in 1.3 since like level 18 and didn't have much problem with LBV. Once in DD the group screwed up a bit so I had to switch to LGV to heal the whole group and I forgot to switch back to LBV before the boss. It was noticably harder to heal the tank with LGV than with LBV so LBV definitely works better for tank healing. The main reason is Nature's Touch, so not using it is a bad idea.

Plane Touched

At your level you have to use NT and Bloom to keep a MT alive... It forces you to keep LBV up for NT to be usefull although...

...In most figths, although you will have to relay on LGV and Bloom. (It will not harm for you to start practicing on when and how to swap between LGV and LBV... And also practicing on when to use EV and when to save charge).

The reasson is a passive power you will get at L32... "Living Infusion"... Once you reach L50 this power will "balance" both Veils in the intended performance by increasing LGV heals only 10% but boosting LBV heals by 30% (You will also get a VERY powerfull spell, "Void Life", designed to be used on MT heals while waiting for NT CD)...

...The story is long, but Trion wanted to disable a popular Hybrid and came with the above set of changes that only work at L50... Sadly forgot to think on the players that want to start Early their Chloro Careers... Not the ones that stay 49 levels as DPS to start ONLY at 50 learning the healer role...

...I hope more players give your feedback and Trion reworks the changes to give a smooth healing experience while leveling up.
    Last edited by Khumoth; 07-26-2011 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerazhia View Post

Sounds like your confused to me mate

Synth on the tank and NT will for sure heal more on the tank than LGV!
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Khumoth View Post
    At your level you have to use NT and Bloom to keep a MT alive... It forces you to keep LBV up for NT to be usefull although...

...In most figths, although you will have to relay on LGV and Bloom. (It will not harm for you to start practicing on when and how to swap between LGV and LBV... And also practicing on when to use EV and when to save charge).

The reasson is a passive power you will get at L32... "Living Infusion"... Once you reach L50 this power will "balance" both Veils in the intended performance by increasing LGV heals only 10% but boosting LBV heals by 30% (You will also get a VERY powerfull spell, "Void Life", designed to be used on MT heals while waiting for NT CD)...

...The story is long, but Trion wanted to disable a popular Hybrid and came with the above set of changes that only work at L50... Sadly forgot to think on the players that want to start Early their Chloro Careers... Not the ones that stay 49 levels as DPS to start ONLY at 50 learning the healer role...

...I hope more players give your feedback and Trion reworks the changes to give a smooth healing experience while leveling up.
    I am not almost 37 and it sure is getting alot easier to heal MT.

+ Reply to Thread