+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So I've been away...

Question So I've been away...

Greetings my fellow mages, I've been away due to bad health for a little over a month now. When I last played Pyro was the way to go (Atleast for most DPS freaks post 44), how is it now? I do recall that Pyro had gotten nerfed but never got to check it out ...

Anywho I've browsed the forums, but have yet to find enough knowledge to give what I should do with my level 39 Mage (Pyro with my main leveling build as Necro-Lock)

Also, when I level up to 40 and am brought into the new level group for PvP BG's I have a question: Is the new level range 40-50..? Or will it be 40-49 so I can start PvPing again by 44 I hope with Mage Pyro (If that is still an option, if not please indulge me!) maybe maybe not.

-Thank you for your time, Turns Off Pain - Sizuuhkia - Harrow
    "I think, therefore I am.
    I destroy, therefore I endure."-IG88A

Ich bin der über soviet fickter!

Quote Originally Posted by Turns Off Pain View Post
    Greetings my fellow mages, I've been away due to bad health for a little over a month now. When I last played Pyro was the way to go (Atleast for most DPS freaks post 44), how is it now? I do recall that Pyro had gotten nerfed but never got to check it out ...

Anywho I've browsed the forums, but have yet to find enough knowledge to give what I should do with my level 39 Mage (Pyro with my main leveling build as Necro-Lock)

Also, when I level up to 40 and am brought into the new level group for PvP BG's I have a question: Is the new level range 40-50..? Or will it be 40-49 so I can start PvPing again by 44 I hope with Mage Pyro (If that is still an option, if not please indulge me!) maybe maybe not.

-Thank you for your time, Turns Off Pain - Sizuuhkia - Harrow
    Mages current option for PvP is:
    Forget about dmg, just focus all your points on keeping yourself alive. Its not gonna work, but at least you will cause the warrior attacking you the frustration of having to 3 shot you instead of the usual 2-shotting. Tihihi.. It makes me giggle every time.

Basically mages are broken atm. both dmgwise and survivalwise, so thus we have basically stopped playing and are instead ranting the forums while waiting for the inevitable fix.

Rift Chaser

You have basically 3 options for pvp at level 50:

1. 51 Point Dominator. This is best used against a cleric-heavy team, or if you are assigning yourself to lock-down an overpowered warrior.

2. Chloro/lock. Good survivability, good damage, good heals. You won't get a lot of KB's, but you'll help your team whittle the other teams health down while keeping yours up. You may even get top damage and/or heals with this spec, and this spec is recommended for lower prestige players due to survivability.

3. 51 pyro/15 archmage. This is your standard pyro spec from 1.1-1.2. It's no where near as good as it was then, but you can still dish out a lot of damage; I recommend using this only if you are rank 4 or above, because survivability is horrific.

Other specs I've seen be viable in WF's:
    Dom/chloro
    Dom/SC
    Chloro healer
    Chloro/archon/archmage

Since the nerf to soul purge, necromancer has been underperforming in warfronts; you can use it but it's not recommended. I've never seen any build with elementalist that works either, although you can try your SC/Ele PvE spec in something like port scion or black garden. Full archon also generally isn't worthwhile, but can be used in conjunction with chloro or pyro for some effectiveness.

Hope that helps.

+ Reply to Thread