+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necro/chloro instead of lock?

Default Necro/chloro instead of lock?

Hi, was getting a bit tired of seeing every mage running with lock chloro and sometimes necro/lock. How does necro lock do in pvp, i know its ez mode in pve but.....

Telaran

As in most cases it depends on how stupid your opponent is
    Bananari - LvL 5x Warrior
    Sobasaa - LvL 5x Cleric
    Macabri - LvL 5x Rogue
    Chlora - LvL 5x Mage

Telaran

would depend on how you spec it. i've tried out a few of those among other variations of soul combinations

lock/nec/chloro *13 chloro *for 3 photogeneis and instant heal*/21 nec for the 21 summon + dot + soul purge/32 nec for the +20% dmg 10 from the armor, quite a few dots, and AoE dot, 2 hp boosts and chage ain bost*

basicly toss some dots out *necrosis 1st if your clsoe enough that your pet will hit early*, AoE 2 of your dots on necro if in a group. toss out any way to build up good charge without being uselss. and abuse soul purge kill. with bloom/50% max hp/lock ulti as survivals among others. . . . granted theirs a lot more to it but that's a basic. and it works remarkably well for pvp.

34 lock 32 chloro - great AoE heal to a party with survival, and toss out dots and such when not healing. this also lets you get some really good dmg on the chloro side with ur 100% dot over 6 seconds on one of your 3 main attacks. and the 3rd just hitting really hard in AoE.

47 lock, 16 necro, 5 archmage *pvp masive dots + soul purge, works wonders getting good dps on instances to*

40 necro 26 lock 0 archon. enough lock to get the 2 dots as an AoE, rest necro for optimal pet dmg. archon for obv reasons.

a few others but you can mess around with that trio and adjust how much to put with 2/3 being in your main souls. they work realy well together, though not as well as domi/chloro/archmage for pvp lol. great dmg, nice heals, crazy fun cc. *like 20 seconds of 75% all spells to you and alies 10m from you being reflected once every minutei think it was + healing them + some anti cleric spells among a plathora of other thigns is fun. . . . not the best 1v1 against melee's but it's insane in group pvp.

Rift Master

You can't go wrong. Any combination of the 4 souls Necro/Chloro/Lock/Dom is going to be overpowered easy mode.

I would say using necro/chloro is probably the least ideal, but it's still better than what other classes can do.

I've gone to going deep enough into warlock (44) to get mass fear on both necrolock and chlorolock.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

okay thanks for the tips

Quote Originally Posted by cyborgtemplar View Post
    lock/nec/chloro *13 chloro *for 3 photogeneis and instant heal*/21 nec for the 21 summon + dot + soul purge/32 nec for the +20% dmg 10 from the armor, quite a few dots, and AoE dot, 2 hp boosts and chage ain bost*

basicly toss some dots out *necrosis 1st if your clsoe enough that your pet will hit early*, AoE 2 of your dots on necro if in a group. toss out any way to build up good charge without being uselss. and abuse soul purge kill. with bloom/50% max hp/lock ulti as survivals among others. . . . granted theirs a lot more to it but that's a basic. and it works remarkably well for pvp.
    This is what I'm leveling through warfronts using. 36 at the moment and without the 13 pts in Chloro it is still a machine.
    Most fun in PvP i've had in Rift.

I go 20-30 kills to 1-5 deaths in every BG i enter atm unless it's a one sided stomping.
    I just want to know what changes at 50 to make Mages so bad at PvP or does this spec still play very well?

Telaran

if you are looking to pair something new with chloro for kicks, try ele

i take 31 ele, but 28 would be fine too. the key is tempest making it good... you get the extra 25 crit on bloom and florish from chloro tree, then tempest makes them crit super hard.

u can get a little pet u can mess around with as well if thats what floats your boat.

+ Reply to Thread