+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thought on CHARGE mechanics..

Default Thought on CHARGE mechanics..

So basically, we suffer from charge and spell coefficient mechanics. We need to time our charge-consumer spells very efficiently or we lose dps and since spell coefficients are not written on them, we can only learn those by immense testing.

Warriors and rogues use energy to use their skills and it's an endless resource while we mages depend on mana -and charge effective usage for dps-. I was thinking why not make charge mechanic more like energy and get rid current charge skills and in the same time give us an actual idea about spell coefficient of each spell even if you change after patch. What I mean is this:

Note: mage spell coefficient table --> http://www.Editgrid.Com/user/treplos...ent_table_v1.0 (might be outdated but I found on forums, so if you have the newer one then link it please.)

Currently, defile has ~47% spell coefficient and it uses charge.
    The best way to use it to full up your charge -I might be wrong don't troll me instantly- and then cast it and then keep it up as long as possible for max defile dps.

If charge works like energy in this game, charge will auto-regen like energy. Secondly, if a spell has %47 sc and you have at 53 charge in your charge-bar then the spell will be %100 sc when casted.

So in spell description, it will say like: "needs 53 charge for efficient usage", thereby making us know that the spell has %47 sc already.

I need to make more examples:

Countdown has %30 sc, meaning you need 70 charge for %100 sc on usage but what happens if you have 30 charge? Then the spell will have %60 sc on usage.

Cinder burst has ~%72 sc, meaning you need 28 charge for %100 sc on usage. But if you use it when you have 100 charge, it will only use 28 charge for %100 sc and then you'll have 72 charge left.

Charge mechanic may be affected by transference; thereby casting it on a mage will be useful from now on. Charge regen mechanic should be same energy -or maybe slower needs testing-.

So, Iím open for thoughts.
    used to be a proud member of Rift Runners till madness took over.

Prophet of Telara

You do realize how big of a change this would be right?

Oh, and defile has a 60% coefficient.

I'm all for putting charge on a rocket and launch that sucker straight to the sun. Seriously, just get rid of it.

It's a pretty chuckleheaded mechanic. And the you have stormcaller, with not one, but TWO charge toggles. Whoever thought that up...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    You do realize how big of a change this would be right?

Oh, and defile has a 60% coefficient.
    1) I just wrote the value from the link. I don't exactly know all values.
    2) I realize the change. We will need to wait between spells for efficient charge usage in PvE and in PvP, we'll have some real burst at least.
    Last edited by Valentr; 07-25-2011 at 01:47 AM.
    used to be a proud member of Rift Runners till madness took over.

See, I actually like charge. It's a great idea in concept, build up to something huge (Fulminate used to be there.../sadface).

The problem is that most of the charge consuming abilities are just self damage buffs. Which while sometimes fun, isn't very interesting. I would rather have the dps boosters be on a cooldown and have a fixed duration than be the way they are. That would open the door for some interesting Charge mechanics.

Telaran

Not to mention the fact, that a lot of the charge based damage spells are actually worse dps. I still feel bad every time I cancel Rock Slide after 1 tick, just to refresh the buff.

+ Reply to Thread