+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvE Mage Build - Best Fire/Solo Build +Massive DPS

Shadowlander

Default PvE Mage Build - Best Fire/Solo Build +Massive DPS

Take my spec:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...gkh.AMcRMb0VzM

It combines a powerful pet when soloing (rock ele, air for dungeons and raids) (heal it (rock ele when soloing) when needed which isnt often unless fighting elites. *And yes I close major rifts solo easily. , The major buffs from Archon + enhanced fire damage, which makes you not only a lot more powerful but a useful tool in dungeon runs and raids.
    And very minimal pyro (Since this spec has went too much towards pvp). So we gain only the most important parts of pyro.

Comparing this vs your lock / necro / chloro build that everyone talks about, I honestly think this spec is much better dps and survivability. You gotta get your rotation down properly but easily 1k+ dps

Let me know what you think and if you enjoy the spec.
    Not many people going this route and figured to post the infos and get results from other players.

As for the last 2 points into pyro, u can point them where I did or throw them into the improved grounding power...your call.

Bruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrynne View Post
    Take my spec:

It combines a powerful pet when soloing (rock ele, air for dungeons and raids) (heal it (rock ele when soloing) when needed which isnt often unless fighting elites. *And yes I close major rifts solo easily. , The major buffs from Archon + enhanced fire damage, which makes you not only a lot more powerful but a useful tool in dungeon runs and raids.
    And very minimal pyro (Since this spec has went too much towards pvp). So we gain only the most important parts of pyro.

Comparing this vs your lock / necro / chloro build that everyone talks about, I honestly think this spec is much better dps and survivability. You gotta get your rotation down properly but easily 1k+ dps

Not many people going this route and figured to post the infos and get results from other players.

As for the last 2 points into pyro, u can point them where I did or throw them into the improved grounding power...your call.

Bruel.
    i don't know whether you are trolling or for real. give us your rotation for testing and it's funny that you don't have synergize in ele and i don't see anything about survivability in that build...
    Last edited by Valentr; 07-25-2011 at 12:47 AM.
    used to be a proud member of Rift Runners till madness took over.

I used to play some variation of this build.
    It has decent DPS. But I don't undestand the meaning of it having no Fire Storm. As a result you have almost no AOE that decreases usage of the build.

Regarding survivability - there are 2 shields - one is Burning Shield, second is Consuming Flames. They are nice when confronting 1-2 mobs in melee. The pet helps confront even more.

But imo for solo this build sucks. It is playable though but has so many restrictions... And so much trouble watching those auras up and tempbuffs... Those auras also eat up your survivability. Low archon (without casting the auras) really can help in solo play.

Most popular sc/ele or pyro/ele are much better (if you want ele at all)
    Necrolock simply wins for solo play capable of confronting almost any number of enemies nonstop. I don't like it aesthetically but is is simply a winner.
    You should give the power to one who doesn't want to use it
    Arm Dearg (Zaviel) Mage class leader
    GSB 5/5 RoS 5/5 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 11/11 RotP 4/4 ID 8/8 PF 4/4
    FT 4/4 EE 5/5 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 4/5
    Wizards till we die!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Katrynne View Post
    Take my spec:

Bruel.
    whats your rotation on this? ive been experimenting with a 28ele/38chloro build and ive been able to parse around 850dps/850hps. i think i can get around 1k/1k with better tweeks and gear.

+ Reply to Thread