+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mental shock/death edict/disoriented doesn't deal damage if target immune to CC

Plane Touched

Default mental shock/death edict/disoriented doesn't deal damage if target immune to CC

is this working as intended?

Champion

Uhhh they are supposed to have started dealing damage after 1.2/1.3 when they supposedly 'fixed' it. If they aren't... I dunno if its just you or bugged out again..

Yup it's stupid, I dropped Dark Fury from my Warlock build for the same reasons. Thankfully Storm Shackle isn't affected by this bug.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

Most abilities with a cc component still do no damage when the target is immune(including root/snare immunity). It's really inconsistent though.

From 1.3 notes
    * Thunder Blast: Will now deal damage and interrupt casting even if the target is immune to the knockback portion of this ability.

I've been using this ability a lot lately and I still see it do no damage/not interrupt like half the time when the target is immune.

other examples not mentioned already are SC's flash freeze (which also causes it not to hit adjacent enemies) and raging storm / electrocute when talented in shell shock

Not sure about the pyromancer's backdraft which is the only other mage example i can think of.

In the first hotfix after 1.2 they fixed this issue with icicle, AB, HS, and EOTS. I'm not sure why at that point they didn't just recognize that this is an issue with most of these types of abilities across all callings like earth burst, crippling shot, dusk to dawn, etc
    Last edited by Chancellor Gowron; 07-24-2011 at 06:10 PM.

Rift Disciple

Slowly being persuaded to go back to the rogue or warrior I've got parked in the garage.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Rilke View Post
    Slowly being persuaded to go back to the rogue or warrior I've got parked in the garage.
    dom is still viable, the problem is you have to be very careful not to put your target on DR esp if its a warrior or melee rogue (once they are immune you are toast), thats why its so hard to play well domi
    Last edited by DontBluffMyJ; 07-24-2011 at 08:53 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DontBluffMyJ View Post
    dom is still viable, the problem is you have to be very careful not to put your target on DR esp if its a warrior or melee rogue (once they are immune you are toast), thats why its so hard to play well domi
    Ive been playing lockdom effectively through 1.3, but with thhe 1.4 transference ****, doms effectiveness against wars and rogues will be severely gimped. Plus mage survivability and the dom chloro build specifically are getting hamstrung even as sins and nightblades are getting buffs and paragons are pronounced right where trion wants them.

The x factor that we'll have to wait for is the warfront healing nerf (why is soul purge being nerfed as part of this? One of the biggest potential crimes of the patch!). It might render all pre 1.4 analysis useless, but that aside mages are getting ripped a new one right now 2 patches running.

I'll adjust, but i also might just play my rogue or war alt.

+ Reply to Thread