+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Something I dont Understand about Chloro

Shadowlander

Default Something I dont Understand about Chloro

Lifegiving Veil or Lifebound Veil are the abilities that turn damage into health for AOE healing. Reading the tool tip it says though that it turns LIFE damage into health. If thats the case then how does pairing this soul with a Warlock or ARch that does Death damage or Earth damage help your healing? From what I read people talk about using those specs to increasing their damage to increase healing, are they not talking about the direct damage spells of those souls but of their buffs?

Any talent that increases generic spell damage includes Life damage.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Soulwalker

If you read further into the tooltip, you'll also find that both veils convert small percentages of any kind of magic damage into healing. Life damage just gives the most. So when warlocks drop a bunch of dots on a target, then cast radiate death, they get a big heal over time that also heals allies. With radiant spores cast on the target, it does even more healing. Chloro is a great way to improve the longevity of any pvp soul. Still doesn't stop a warrior though.

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Decree View Post
    From what I read people talk about using those specs to increasing their damage to increase healing, are they not talking about the direct damage spells of those souls but of their buffs?
    Yes they are talking about talents that increase passive crit chance (ele, lock) or the damage of all spells (lock) (i.e. life spells for heals), which can include talents that increase your intelligence like dom and pillaging stone from archon, etc.

The non life damaging spells you get do minimal healing but can be useful sometimes.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aedria View Post
    If you read further into the tooltip, you'll also find that both veils convert small percentages of any kind of magic damage into healing. Life damage just gives the most. So when warlocks drop a bunch of dots on a target, then cast radiate death, they get a big heal over time that also heals allies. With radiant spores cast on the target, it does even more healing. Chloro is a great way to improve the longevity of any pvp soul. Still doesn't stop a warrior though.
    umm.... no. Death based DoTs heal only for a very little and only on the first tick so Radiate Death will never give you a "big heal over time". You'd better spend those GCDs on Radiant Spores, Withering Vine, Nature's Fury and Corrosion (which heals on every tick) to get a nice AoE HoT. NF's behaviour can be considered as a HoT as well since there's a 2sec delay between the for hits so it basicly provides an 8sec HoT.

People spec into Lock to get 25% more charge (which means more Entropic Veil uptime) and Opportunity for MT healing and to get 5% crit, and 20% spell damage on top of those for raid AoE healing.

+ Reply to Thread