+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thought you were useless before? Wait for 1.4(chloros)

Plane Walker

Default Thought you were useless before? Wait for 1.4(chloros)

Mages often complain that their only role in a raid is as chloro or archon. IF that is true, you just lost 50% of your two raid slots. With 1.4 changes to Doctrine of Loyalty chloros will be obsolete in raid heals.

The DoL changes makes it a smart targeted heal, basically it's a spammable flourish with no cooldown and no downside. The entirety of raid healing can now be handled by two clerics with 13 points ofspecced into justicar.

See this thread for more details on why chloros are now useless with 1.4

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...eric-diversity

Sorry but DOL even with the mana reducer just costs too much compared to other aoe heals a cleric has.

DOL will not end other cleric raid healing roles, any raids that have bosses that do lots of melee range aoe will kill the cleric before he can cast DOL more than twice as you have to be in melee range to get enough convictions to make DOL usable when you need it usable.

In these instances ranged dps healing specs will have an advantage.

NOt to mention that you can cast coummnal healing on the tank and it will heal all the people nearest to HIM rather than the people nearest to you.

To me the diecection trion has taken clerics and mages in terms of healing is this.

Clerics: have become more 5 man/single target oriented
    Mages: have become more raid oreinted

To me this a good thing because it is more likely to insure a raid spot to each role.
    Last edited by Majsharan; 07-24-2011 at 01:53 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Majsharan View Post
    Sorry but DOL even with the mana reducer just costs too much compared to other aoe heals a cleric has.

DOL will not end other cleric raid healing roles, any raids that have bosses that do lots of melee range aoe will kill the cleric before he can cast DOL more than twice as you have to be in melee range to get enough convictions to make DOL usable when you need it usable.
    This just tells everyone you obviously are clueless and have never played a Justicar or its hybrids. Just stop while you are far behind.

Chloros as raid healers might not be wanted, but I haven't had a chloro on raid healing in my raids for months, or ever for that matter. Our chloros have always been MT/OT main healers, usually alone in that job unless we need a purifier or two (like LGS). Raid healing has always been the job of clerics for us (1 warden and a number of hybrids) and it works like a charm.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Telaran

I ran ROS and GSB this weekend as 51/10/5 C/W/E and averaged 1200-1400 while mixing up MT and raid heals. I feel I did just fine and will continue to have raid slots as a chloro. BTW, I have 1058 SP and 800ish SC unbuffed.

Rift Disciple DemonicalConvicted's Avatar

mmm i can see the problem and the hybrid builds that have DoL NEVER need mana... they can Spam DoL if they want and if they have smart healing on it.. it already heals 10 people where as chloro only heal 5 (( 10 with flourish but CD on that )) and now with smart healing?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Majsharan View Post

In these instances ranged dps healing specs will have an advantage.

NOt to mention that you can cast coummnal healing on the tank and it will heal all the people nearest to HIM rather than the people nearest to you.

To me the diecection trion has taken clerics and mages in terms of healing is this.

Clerics: have become more 5 man/single target oriented
    Mages: have become more raid oreinted

To me this a good thing because it is more likely to insure a raid spot to each role.
    Yeah that's awesome considering most Cholomancers raid. Oh wait....

Soulwalker

This is rapidly turning into a cleric off healer discussion -- But i have to say...

That i run a duracel cleric (shaman, justicar, inq) in raids often and it is easily possible to spam DoL,
    you just have so much mana with
    1. All the buffs in a raid
    2. Ageless ice and purpose each on a 1minute CD that restores 10% of your mana each meele hit,
    3. And the channeled inq mana regen spell if you really need it (you never will need it).

However, Chloro's are not obsolete, as a justicar healer you have almost no control of your heals except for DoL which is really only useful for raid damage.

Also, the OP is wrong to say that Mages are only needed in raids for chloro or archon specs, they have some of the best DPS specs in the game.

Don't panic, mages are not going to lose there raid spots on anything drastic come 1.4

Telaran

Also, the OP is wrong to say that Mages are only needed in raids for chloro or archon specs, they have some of the best DPS specs in the game.
    Name them?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyvin View Post
    Name them?
    Lock/ele can pull at least 1970 dps on plut, Zoomancer can pull 2k.

Sc/ele is still a very solid aoe spec as well.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    Lock/ele can pull at least 1970 dps on plut, Zoomancer can pull 2k.

Sc/ele is still a very solid aoe spec as well.
    Lock Ele? What is this magic spec you speak of?

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Quote Originally Posted by lol u mad? View Post
    Lock Ele? What is this magic spec you speak of?
    My bad, necro/lock or lock/necro I'm tired and was thinking ahead to sc/ele.
    Last edited by Vayra; 07-24-2011 at 05:52 PM.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric

Champion

Oh man... Was so excited to lock/ele my way to victory

Rift Chaser

I have a loc/ele spec I use for PvE, there are some surprising synergies, but it's more of a survival AOE spec than it is single target. It's completely ridonkulous for AOE though.

aux

Don't worry, they'll just make it a 51-point skill.
    I'm so BORED

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast