+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Withering Vines?

Default Withering Vines?

Ok, I'll admit it, I'm 'new' to the 1.3 Chloro so I have a few questions.

First of all, I'm 51Chl/15Lock/0Arch (for Break Free). I'm also looking to raid heal.

I've made this macro for my rotation:

suppressmacrofailures
    cast Ruin
    cast Radiant Spores
    cast Nature's Touch
    cast Void Life

And I've been also using Natural Splendor + Ent Veil, (EDIT) and I'm obviously in Lifegiving.

My question is, should I also use Withering Vines? It's a decent AoE HoT. Is there any downside to using WV, as remember, I'm looking to raid heal?
    Last edited by Shaedence; 07-24-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Rift Disciple

Raid healing, I would suggest useing radiant and withering...

I would also suggest going 36/30/x chloro lock

Ruin really isnt a spell you want to use constantly on CD, it's a great spell. but if you just spam it it's probably going to be down when you really need it, Also if you are raid healing Nature's touch is actually less HPS then vile spores, unless it's used on an Oppertunity proc.
    Last edited by Hope; 07-24-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Ascendant

Take Ruin out of your macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post

Ruin really isnt a spell you want to use constantly on CD, it's a great spell. but if you just spam it it's probably going to be down when you really need it, Also if you are raid healing Nature's touch is actually less HPS then vile spores, unless it's used on an Oppertunity proc.
    Not if you don't let vile spores tick once before using it again
    Last edited by Verez; 07-24-2011 at 11:16 AM.

Sword of Telara

There's better raid healing specs than 51chloro. chlorolock or ele/chloro are better and most of your raid heals are bursts from flourish or vile spore spam. It's more important that these spells hit hard and often.

aux

Quote Originally Posted by Shaedence View Post
    macro
    If you're using one of these, you're doing it wrong.

And Withering Vines is useless, don't bother.
    I'm so BORED

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Verez View Post
    Not if you don't let vile spores tick once before using it again

With an OP proc I can see this being an issue.. but with cast + travel time, how often do you actually cast two vile spores in a row and have the second one hit befor the first one ticks?

On a side note!! The new chloro spell Icons are prety:P
    Last edited by Hope; 07-24-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post

Withering Vines is a pre-heal. During LGS air phase, you cast it on 5 mobs, and it heals the melee VERY well in case a bracken spawns on them. You can cast it during Herald on the adds + Herald so that when one explodes, there is constant tick healing on the 10 members who got hit. Calling it useless is foolish, underused, yes, but it has its uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post

So I'm pretty much hearing:

1. De-macro Ruin and NT. Only use NT when Opp Procs, and Ruin for burst.
    2. Keep Flourish Close. Spam it off cd.
    3. Chl/lock is better Raid heals. Though I'd like to be able to heal t2s and tank heal if needed, so I'll stick with 51pt, unless we start diving into GSB/RoS (we're a 10m guild atm).

Thanks for the advice. I guess I'll keep WV up, as in a 10m it will have the chance to heal everybody.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSquirrel View Post
    Withering Vines is a pre-heal. During LGS air phase, you cast it on 5 mobs, and it heals the melee VERY well in case a bracken spawns on them. You can cast it during Herald on the adds + Herald so that when one explodes, there is constant tick healing on the 10 members who got hit. Calling it useless is foolish, underused, yes, but it has its uses.
    This.

I cast withering vines on ALL of the adds during the LGS air phases, and it heals everyone for so much, it's ludicrous. Each tick is well over 100 for heals, and with it ticking off of that many adds, and with everyone stacked behind them, our whole group is constantly topped off while I throw down some actual AoE (chloro/lock, so devouring shadows/corrosion) to help burn them down faster.

Outside of that, it's situational. I'll often keep it up on LGS himself when I hear the tank call out Strangling Blight to help heal the melee/tank while I move, I then throw ruin-->flourish while on the move, refresh radiant spores, and then continue my rotation once in my new position.

@OP -- that's not the best macro for what you're trying to do, if anything have void life separate from the others, and use the one macro to increase your DPS, and use void life for slightly more mindless healing. Void Life provides that "stream" of smaller heals that, while super reliable, lacks the bigger "burst" heals that your other spells can provide. Also if you're trying to increase your DPS while still outputting a respectable amount of heals (at least when there's not much healing to do), macro nature's fury into your rotation. It's the hardest-hitting nuke you have, even single-target.
    Last edited by Uhgii; 07-24-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

de-macro radiant spores too. it lasts 16 seconds but only has an 8 second cooldown so you're just wasting gcds re casting it when half its timer is left.
    Last edited by Chancellor Gowron; 07-24-2011 at 02:34 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post

Wrong.

Withering Vines is amazing for ensuring your trinket/greater essences have maximum proc-chances on players. (particularly melee and during fights like warmaster/plutonus, the whole raid)-- i.e. Alsbeth trinket, Hailstone Tideshard, Eth Trinket, etc. etc.

Keeping it up increases your HPS so long as your meter including your bubbles as absorb/heal.
    IraLee
    Molinar :+:Guardian:+:Threshold Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Uhgii View Post
    This.

I cast withering vines on ALL of the adds during the LGS air phases, and it heals everyone for so much, it's ludicrous. Each tick is well over 100 for heals, and with it ticking off of that many adds, and with everyone stacked behind them, our whole group is constantly topped off while I throw down some actual AoE (chloro/lock, so devouring shadows/corrosion) to help burn them down faster.

Outside of that, it's situational. I'll often keep it up on LGS himself when I hear the tank call out Strangling Blight to help heal the melee/tank while I move, I then throw ruin-->flourish while on the move, refresh radiant spores, and then continue my rotation once in my new position.

@OP -- that's not the best macro for what you're trying to do, if anything have void life separate from the others, and use the one macro to increase your DPS, and use void life for slightly more mindless healing. Void Life provides that "stream" of smaller heals that, while super reliable, lacks the bigger "burst" heals that your other spells can provide. Also if you're trying to increase your DPS while still outputting a respectable amount of heals (at least when there's not much healing to do), macro nature's fury into your rotation. It's the hardest-hitting nuke you have, even single-target.
    Thanks Shaemis. /waves from Alexsis.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Chancellor Gowron View Post
    de-macro radiant spores too. it lasts 16 seconds but only has an 8 second cooldown so you're just wasting gcds re casting it when half its timer is left.
    Actually, do include it in the macro, but include it at the bottom.

For instance, for my chlorolock (maximum DPS/raid heals):

#show Ruin
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sacrifice Life: Damage
    cast Ruin
    cast Nature's Touch
    cast Nature's Fury
    cast Vile Spores
    cast Radiant Spores
    cast Dark Touch

The reason those are at the bottom is so that if I move/turn my back/etc. *something* happens if I hit that key. Refreshing radiant spores is a great thing to have your macro do, but not as a priority. As Gowron has pointed out, it's on a shorter cooldown than the buff itself, meaning you'll be wasting GCDs. Include radiant spores on a primary key if you're the chloro charged with keeping it up, but having it in your macro is NOT a bad thing, if it's at the bottom. Just don't rely on that macro to keep it up 100% of the time, but solely as a mindless refresher when you can't be doing anything else.

(And yes, I realize Nature's Touch and Nature's Fury are both in there. I use LGV, but NT still hits harder than VS, despite it's longer cast time, it increases both my HPS and my DPS, and often helps allow my VS DoT to play out longer. Same with Nature's Fury, which is a much quicker cast since I'm specced into it, but even single-target, my DPS is MUCH higher as it's the single most powerful nuke chloros have, and my HPS goes relatively unaffected. But this is more regarding chlorolock, and I believe OP is 51-chloro. Nevertheless, I can still pull 600-800 DPS relatively effortlessly on ST pulls while outputting 1200-1600 HPS pending how heal-heavy the fight is in mostly T2 gear using that macro and flourish/wild growth.)

And /wave @ Alexsis.
    Last edited by Uhgii; 07-25-2011 at 01:01 AM.

Plane Touched

What is your reason for having SL: D in the macro? I haven't raided as chloro much but I'd think haveing an attack that deals 10% damage to yourself at the top of your main filler macro would be a bad thing. Along with it's 2 minute CD having it as a separate key wouldn't be too cumbersome. Lastly, Entropic Veil overrides SL: D and if you use it and then end up toggling EV on it's a wasted 2 min CD.
    Argizeos - Rank 52 - Wolfsbane

RIP Chlorolock

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast