+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: Please Trion, fix Archont Auras ASAP

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default Please Trion, fix Archont Auras ASAP

    The Archont mechanics are just stupid as hell. As soon as another archont is casting the Auras mine are overwritten. That means i lose 20% spellpower and on top the Burning Purpose procc and this seriously is big of a deal. Leave me with my Auras active even if there is another Archont or the whole class is broken as soon as there is more than one in a group.
    This pisses me off in pvp so much i almost broke my keyboard in a port scion match. It is ricidolously flawed mechanic and for such a long time.

    Please Trion, fix this asap it is so endlessly frustrating.


    Excuse my bad Englisch, native language is german.

  2. #2
    Plane Walker DaCommando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    417

    Default

    ur not supposed to have more than 1 archon in a group. Anything more than that is just a waste
    Retired

  3. #3
    Rift Master bubulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaCommando View Post
    ur not supposed to have more than 1 archon in a group. Anything more than that is just a waste
    Read the post at least before making generic comment....
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

  4. #4
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaCommando View Post
    ur not supposed to have more than 1 archon in a group. Anything more than that is just a waste
    So, where is the "i join warfront as Archont" Button, to avoid 2 Archonts joining the same Warfront?

    Now, you likely will tell me to just use another calling then. Thats nice, because trion isn't able to create proper mechanics, the players have to adjust their speccs?

    The problem above is like not being able to create combopoints on a target on which another rogue started to get combo points before.

    Also, 2 Archonts are prohibited by mechanics design but 5 Wardens can hot each other to immortality. Thats rude dude. Trion needs to get their ****ing mechanics work in a player-friendly way or the game messes up, thats it.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Even if your debuffs (which buff you) get overwritten..the buff part of it still stays on you

  6. #6
    Soulwalker Placebo Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kido1983
    the whole class is broken as soon as there is more than one in a group.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaCommando
    not supposed to have more than 1 archon in a group.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubulu
    Read the post at least before making generic comment....
    Oh dear.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kido1983 View Post
    So, where is the "i join warfront as Archont" Button, to avoid 2 Archonts joining the same Warfront?

    Now, you likely will tell me to just use another calling then. Thats nice, because trion isn't able to create proper mechanics, the players have to adjust their speccs?

    The problem above is like not being able to create combopoints on a target on which another rogue started to get combo points before.

    Also, 2 Archonts are prohibited by mechanics design but 5 Wardens can hot each other to immortality. Thats rude dude. Trion needs to get their ****ing mechanics work in a player-friendly way or the game messes up, thats it.
    I'm not entirely sure what your argument is;

    Archon is an incredibly specialised soul with an incredibly specific purpose - is it bad design that two players can't have their auras active at the same time?

    Sure, I guess so - after all, quite a few of the talents benefit from having auras active, after all.

    However, my confusion is regarding why you think this even matters - even if you could have your auras active at the same time, what are you going to do? The most useful thing you'll be doing is debuffing whoever the first Archon misses.

    Every other soul would simply be far more useful in this situation.

    I suppose it could be argued that two Archons would mean two mages that have to be killed to remove the buffs, but having a redundant failsafe is hardly worth sacrificing dedicated DPS or heals.

    So, sure, it's not ideal, but what exactly does this change?

    Bad design or not, there's only a need for one Archon.

    Comparing this to a Warden is confusing, as well - buffs aren't heals. Heals should add up, but buffs should not stack.

    Archon is a not-entirely awful DPS and debuffer as well as support, whereas a Warden is just a healer with comparatively expensive abilities.

    In other words, the only thing that would effectively change this mechanic is stacking Archon buffs, and that would just lead to teams of Archons with silly stats bringing their DPS up to a point that makes other souls as redundant as two Archons..

    Not to mention that with 1.4 heals in PvP are getting a sizeable nerf.
    Last edited by Placebo Poster; 07-24-2011 at 12:41 PM.

  7. #7
    Rift Master Guaritor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    673

    Default

    Also, Archon*

    There is no "t" involved.

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    This is the intended design. I imagine 2 people wanting to play archon is incredibly rare anyway.

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guaritor View Post
    Also, Archon*

    There is no "t" involved.
    Sry, German class is "archonT" ;)

    The major problem is this:

    Archont 51 Root Talent: The Aura Burning Purpose. This Aura makes every debuff that you deal doing damage as well. This damage is about 40% of the whole damage i do with a pillaging stone. You see the problem here? If my Aura gets overwritten this talent is disabled and my damage is gimped as hell. As well i get casting speed and spelldamage for every archont aura active - disabled as well.

    Casting a pillaging stone on the puppet in pvp specc results in non crit:

    830 Earth Damage from pillaging stone.
    501 Fire Damage from Burning Purpose

    Just because of Burning purpose getting lost i lose almost 40% of my damage and this is even without mentioning the buffs per aura i get.
    I don't want to have the auras stack or something, i just want to be able to use my class mechanics properly and not dependant on what my teammates have skilled.
    And seriously all that trolls that want me to tell that archons are just good for their buffs in pvp has never ever bothered testing what an archon is able to dps in pvp with pillaging stone + burning purpose. I am able to doublecrit on low resilience targets for about 1,7k + 1k burning purpose doublecrits with a anytime 1.8 second cast. This sis in full rank 6 gear. I am also able to crit while just debuffing on the run für up to 1k burning purpose crits. As long as there is no other archon there you won't get that much damage out of any lock or pyro specc. you may get it out of sc but there you got pretty nasty ramp ups.
    I've been playing 51 pyro as well as 51 lock as well as lock/nec for ages but none of those speccs is even close to the sustined dps i can bring up with archon, nor the sustained pressure. If you donÄt believe this just test it on pvp targets, you will be pretty surprised.
    So as long as trion decides the supportspecc should also be a top single target dps specc in pvp, they should get the mechanics fixed.

  10. #10
    Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    803

    Default

    I wonder if an archon spamming cleansing/purging flames on the port scion bridge could turn the tide of the battle

  11. #11
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Besides there are plenty of players speccing absurd speccs that include something like 30 in archont. Those overwrite my auras only partially. Again, this means i can't pvp (doesn't matter if it is random or group pvp due to the fact that you can just queue with 5 people) with the specc i enjoy just because there may be another archon there or even worse: some mage has just partially specced into archon, for a reason i don't really get.

    Second: For instance port scion. One group is getting stones, the other walks with the hero. In both there is a archon. As soon as both groups are getting close to each other, the auras from one archon are overwritten and he has to recast them as soon as his group gets out of range of the other archon again. Don't tell me this is working as intended because it obviously is not.

    Well, some of the replies are just making me mad. It sounds like "deal with it, i don't enjoy playing archon, so i don't care about it anyways".

    To the warden example: In many other games hots and dots do NOT stack for a reason. Rolling hots are by far more of an issue than direct healers ever can be if they are pooled. Hotting a target with 3 wardens makes it immortal and you can do a **** about it with CC, cause the rolling hots will safe the enemys *** for the duration of the silence/stun/whatever easily. If you haven't experienced such a scenario yet, you don't do much pvp or you are just lazy at analysing and buff/debuff monitoring.
    I've been pvping for more than 1,3 million of favor on my mage and almost 1 million favor on my cleric and yes, the above is the biggest problem atm in pvp besides battleshout intimidation (which is just crazy especially when it comes to multiple warriors).

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    61

    Default

    You do realise that even if Trion fixes it, it's not gonna change anything for you?

    Bard buffs will also overwrite your auras (as they have 1 more resist or armor).

    Anyway, yes it is something that should be fixed. The buff on the archon is a different one than what everyone else gets. And should be possible to not have them overwriting each other. Still, even if it is fixed, there are plenty other stuff that will leave you in exactly the same place. (Debuffs gets overwritten by bard too, you know).

    The only thing missing from your posts, are the "Fix it, or I quit!" rage. Well, you do have the "Fix it!" rage, it's just the "or I quit!" part your missing.

  13. #13
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirensis View Post
    You do realise that even if Trion fixes it, it's not gonna change anything for you?

    Bard buffs will also overwrite your auras (as they have 1 more resist or armor).

    Anyway, yes it is something that should be fixed. The buff on the archon is a different one than what everyone else gets. And should be possible to not have them overwriting each other. Still, even if it is fixed, there are plenty other stuff that will leave you in exactly the same place. (Debuffs gets overwritten by bard too, you know).

    The only thing missing from your posts, are the "Fix it, or I quit!" rage. Well, you do have the "Fix it!" rage, it's just the "or I quit!" part your missing.
    I don't care if my debuffs are overwritten. Cause my debuffs do not contribute buffs to me for being up on a target. But my auras do, especially burning purpose.
    I think you do not get the point. It is not that i am frustrated because my "cool" auras are not up so i can't support my team. I don't care if i am doing the support or someone else. But with my auras being up there are bonuses connected for ME that are mandatory. My talents offer ME bonusses for running the auras. If auras are overwritten by anything else or by other archons, then do not restrict my talented bonusses to have my auras up or make it possible to get the bonusses even though my auras are overwritten.
    I think most of you don't have an idea how archon works and don't know what talents there are. Many replies i can read here actually show that.

    I would love to see that only one rogue is being able able to apply combo points to a given target and if another rogue wants to engage he is screwed. That would be exactly the same problem even if this would effect multiple callings. Is there any other calling that drops ind amage by more than 40% just because there is another player equally skilled in the group? And wtf what is the point argueing that this should not happen? People are just pointing out things like "working as intended", "i don't care", "deal with it", "cry more" as long as the calkling they play works just fine. This is just not objective, this is short-sighted and ignorant. "there is no point in having 2 archons in a group" .... WTF dude! I want to play archon and i cannot avoid getting in a pvp group with another archon in it. You think 2 archons are one slot wasted? Then give me the opportunity to queue as a archon so i can definately ensure being actually able to play the calling i like.

    And no, i am not quitting because of this, i am actually leeching then. If trion is too stupid to get the mechanics work properly i'll take it and do the ebst out of it: Leeching and surfing in the internet. And all of those ignorant fools like some of the people replied here get their deserved disadvantage in that given warfront then for being that kind of ignorant and careless about the fun of the others by posting such a crap. This is nothing absurd that i ask for, nor is it any "balancing" in any form. This would not hurt or bring a disadvantage to anybody but fixing the fun factor for some people and even though some people are just against it for no reason. That's just silly.

  14. #14
    Prophet of Telara Flaviusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    What drives me crazy is the bard overwrite.

  15. #15
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    61

    Default

    You do realise there are more than one person replying to you, right? Would be nice, if you don't drag me into other peoples posts. I don't really care about your n00b tears, and as your explaining it, your already leeching in warfrons (Archon without buffs and debuffs... thats like chloro without LGV).

    Anyway, this is kind of pointless, as you have allready made up your mind, and you didn't really write the post to get help or answers. You just did it to complain about some great injustice done to you. i belive that is what is called a rant, whine, well it has a lot of names.

    I've had my fill of n00b tears for today, have fun

    (Yes, this post is a troll, first wasn't)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts