+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 8.3K HP - Warlock/Chloro PvP Build (P6 Mage)

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by lol u mad? View Post
    Do you play against P6 Clerics and Warriors alot? You won't be able to kill them with 600 damage Ruins and dots. You will be especially ineffective without a heal debuff, which is Warlocks one weakness(and It's a huge one). Your build is great in duels, and It's great at staying alive but I find it hard to believe you are consistently running over a group of 2-3 Warriors assist training you with a couple of clerics, which is what most WF's consist of these days.

I've played this build alot, and I know what it's capable of. It seriously lacks any kind of burst potential.
    Your saying this like you are supposed to take out these 2-3 Warrior along with clerics all by yourself lol. For one I tank Warrior trains and i actually like when they get on me instead of my team mates. Cuz while they beating one me for 30 secs, they are going to die from my teamates.

~you say 51 Dom has more utility,(it really isnt) if you get blinked at your dead on 51 dom for starters, And it really depends on your playstle, I will say dom has more utility in team play (not 51) but lock can hold its own to. If im in a WF with a Warrior Train of any type, I run in first so they all get bull eyes and attack me, Allowing my team to pick them off and i usually come out alive. And If you are a smart Mage, you can easily have your way with Warriors, Most Warriors see red and will spam their macro til the target is dead, So you can easily go in become the magnet for 3+ wars and simply LOS or over extend kite them away from thier clerics. Also the healing debuff isnt all that much of a prob is u spec to directly counter it. Now after 1.4 it will prolly be a problem.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Argizeos View Post
    You might be able to temporarily get your health even higher, though I'm not sure it works anymore. You do this by getting every endurance / int buff you can and then specing while they are active. At one point in time I believe the talents took a snapshot of your stats whenever you spent the point so if you could buff you int by 100 then the 21% from raised in nature would end up giving 21 more end than if you were unbuffed, thus 210 extra HP. I think this resets any time you swap roles.
    Is getting both Raised in Nature and Natural Awareness worth it then? This is really confusing :x

Soulwalker

Why do u use stream? Dosent do so much dmg and the amount of life u get back is not so much?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Stahl View Post
    Is getting both Raised in Nature and Natural Awareness worth it then? This is really confusing :x
    Yes, if it still works as I described you'd get 5/5 natural awareness, then click confirm. You'd go to the target dummies and start spamming vile spores to keep up the 25% int buff while spending points in Raised in Nature.

Keep in mind. I doubt this was intended, and if it does work I could easily see how Trion would consider it cheating. Do it at your own risk.
    Last edited by Argizeos; 07-26-2011 at 07:12 PM.
    Argizeos - Rank 52 - Wolfsbane

RIP Chlorolock

Chloro/Lock/Archon is more health with Searing Vitality. Throw in the tank essence that procs 55 end and you're running around with stupid amounts of health.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

Quote Originally Posted by lol u mad? View Post
    Not a fan of these survival builds. You'd do more to help your team by simply running a 51 dom. It's really funny whenever I see a mage running one of these they just stand there, unable to kill anything, and people just ignore them cause they can't be killed. Oh watch me throw Dark touch on a bunch of targets and heal myself lol.
    And then you come and QQ on the forums, like always, that you got globaled by a Warrior. You don't want to play a defensive build, then don't, but don't continue QQing on the forums about how quick Mages die and how little survivability we have.

As to the OP I use a build that is more focused on def: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...VdIo0h.xkcthzo

Tis a true Drain Tank spec if there ever was one. Essence Link > Withering Vines > Life Leech > Necrosis > Dark Touch > Ruin > Vile Spores (when I have the Proc) > Soul Purge

Lots of self healing going on, even after the changes on the PTS (have checked). Been using it since 1.1~ and haven't changed back. Who cares if you can take 1 person down really fast when you then die and spend 30 seconds at the rez point and another 30 seconds, min, getting back to the fight. I'd rather be in the fight the entire match because that's actually helpful.
    Last edited by Artorous; 07-27-2011 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Argizeos View Post
    Yes, if it still works as I described you'd get 5/5 natural awareness, then click confirm. You'd go to the target dummies and start spamming vile spores to keep up the 25% int buff while spending points in Raised in Nature.

Keep in mind. I doubt this was intended, and if it does work I could easily see how Trion would consider it cheating. Do it at your own risk.
    It's not cheating imo, since natural awareness is a buff that has a 100% uptime anyway.

Soulwalker

Default macros

can u give me ur exact macros in the order u have them on ur hotbar plz?

Thanks

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by ArchivistCarrion View Post
    natures fury would only work if you were using it off opportunity procs.
    I honestly have not heard a less true statement on the interwebs!
    Mesk
    [Lunchbox Bandits]

Telaran

How did I know someone like you would be around to say that? Well from that short video clip I also took a screenshot for the end of game (and remember this isn't my best game, just the first one I entered after saying I'd make a clip for someone).

If you can't kill in a survival build thats fair enough, I usually end up top damage and in the middle of the heals. I can solo defend codex points 2v1 easily, I can carry whitefall/black garden flags effectively as anyone else (except OP rogues) and I can still pull a lot of AoE in Port Scion.

And this build will wreck a Dominator 1v1, there isn't a better 1v1 build for mages IMO.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...-25_234118.jpg
    dom-chloro is the best 1v1 build there is. i haven't tried this one, but it looks like it could be a close second. a dom-chloro can kill anyone in any spec. you yourself admitted that there would be some close games vs hybrid healers.

this build wouldn't stand a chance against all my reflects, mana drains, self heals, debuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by tanglefast View Post
    dom-chloro is the best 1v1 build there is. i haven't tried this one, but it looks like it could be a close second. a dom-chloro can kill anyone in any spec. you yourself admitted that there would be some close games vs hybrid healers.

this build wouldn't stand a chance against all my reflects, mana drains, self heals, debuffs.
    Funnily enough with being prestige 8 now this build easily nets me 10200+ HP self-buffed.

I've only faced off against 1 P8 Dom/Chloro in a best of 3 but I won all 3 times (and he was using Burning Spellstone).

I'd only consider the games close because he just abused mana drain. And the absolute only way for the dom/chloro to do enough damage to you is via split personality. All you have to do is kite/use cooldowns/use LoS when they are up and it's next to impossible to die to a dom/chloro (unless you aren't fantastic at managing cooldowns/healing/mana).

With that said, I'm sure there are the odd 1-2 Dom/Chloros out there that could take games off me.

Quote Originally Posted by metz385 View Post
    can u give me ur exact macros in the order u have them on ur hotbar plz?

Thanks
    See this on Page 2.

Once again not infront of the game atm but.

Stream of Rec with VB
    Dark Fury, Draining Bolt, Ruin (this one you can probably split up, you do lose a bit of functionality by putting these 3 together).
    Neddras Grasp + Dark Touch
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathwhisperzz View Post
    It's not cheating imo, since natural awareness is a buff that has a 100% uptime anyway.
    If it was working nicely I guess you would see your HP change depending on whether or not the buff was up. With that said this is a very well known trick that has been used since release, was used with the Zookeeper Chloro variation and is being used by every top guild for King Molinar. I am sure Trion are happy with the way it is currently working and if they were not then they would have at least expressed some interest in changing the way it currently operates. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesk View Post
    I honestly have not heard a less true statement on the interwebs!
    I was thinking about it pre-change with the cast time boost when I wrote this. Even then the playstyle I have on my Lock/Chloro is very agressive, I'm in the front line tanking it out rather then sitting back and spamming life spells to help with the healing (I guess you could say I play more like an offensive tank rather then tanky healer). The main reason for doing this is simply because it has been more fun ever since our glass cannon specs have been nerfed. I've been playing around with 51 Warlock a lot and I have been enjoying it a lot - I've just had problems adjusting to the play style because I'm no longer charging in and need to be more aware of placement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REsyo5s8J4g

^ Quick video of straight after I hit P8 and was playing around with 51 lock. I promise you I've gotten a lot better since and am enjoying it much more ;). I hit a 3271 devouring shadows on a warrior carrying the stone in whitefall... and thats without warlock armor.

Today I did something like 21 KB and 300k damage in Codex in a ~ 45 kill game.

I would still agree with what I said about 51 Lock utility here:

I find it hard to believe that you're getting P6 Warrior and Cleric trained if you managed to go a full game and only take 15k damage.

Which to me suggests you just stood at the back and cast, which isn't exactly difficult. You can do that in any spec lol.

There is no way a 51 Warlock has as much utility in PvP.

But with that said I am having fun being able to nuke ST hard in PvP again without relying on 2 minute + cooldowns.
    Last edited by ArchivistCarrion; 08-25-2011 at 07:06 AM.
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

Telaran

I'm very surprised.

Can't say how skilled the dom chloro you faced is but a dom is sort of built to beat a warlock.

every 10 seconds i can use deny to wipe all DOTS at once and 44 warlocks are pretty reliant on dots. that's a pretty short CD.

i'm also deeper in chloro than you so i have more heals and they're stronger, which quickly makes up for your increased hp, and you can't nullify my attacks like i can yours (i also have a reflect with only a 20 sec cd, that you don't as well as when my charge builds up, like 20 seconds of reflect).

If this fight does continue and it goes long, i don't see how you could have more mana with my 4 types of mana drain spells and 1 on a very short CD.

i know it all sounds like theory right now, but i have never lost a duel with my dom chloro (haven't played against your build). warriors and clerics (p8).

i'd like to test it out tho. if you're on belmont, that'd be fun.

my nick is JHV.

Funnily enough with being prestige 8 now this build easily nets me 10200+ HP self-buffed.

I've only faced off against 1 P8 Dom/Chloro in a best of 3 but I won all 3 times (and he was using Burning Spellstone).

I'd only consider the games close because he just abused mana drain. And the absolute only way for the dom/chloro to do enough damage to you is via split personality. All you have to do is kite/use cooldowns/use LoS when they are up and it's next to impossible to die to a dom/chloro (unless you aren't fantastic at managing cooldowns/healing/mana).

With that said, I'm sure there are the odd 1-2 Dom/Chloros out there that could take games off me.

See this on Page 2.

If it was working nicely I guess you would see your HP change depending on whether or not the buff was up. With that said this is a very well known trick that has been used since release, was used with the Zookeeper Chloro variation and is being used by every top guild for King Molinar. I am sure Trion are happy with the way it is currently working and if they were not then they would have at least expressed some interest in changing the way it currently operates. Just my two cents.

I was thinking about it pre-change with the cast time boost when I wrote this. Even then the playstyle I have on my Lock/Chloro is very agressive, I'm in the front line tanking it out rather then sitting back and spamming life spells to help with the healing (I guess you could say I play more like an offensive tank rather then tanky healer). The main reason for doing this is simply because it has been more fun ever since our glass cannon specs have been nerfed. I've been playing around with 51 Warlock a lot and I have been enjoying it a lot - I've just had problems adjusting to the play style because I'm no longer charging in and need to be more aware of placement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REsyo5s8J4g

^ Quick video of straight after I hit P8 and was playing around with 51 lock. I promise you I've gotten a lot better since and am enjoying it much more ;). I hit a 3271 devouring shadows on a warrior carrying the stone in whitefall... and thats without warlock armor.

Today I did something like 21 KB and 300k damage in Codex in a ~ 45 kill game.

I would still agree with what I said about 51 Lock utility here:

But with that said I am having fun being able to nuke ST hard in PvP again without relying on 2 minute + cooldowns.
    Last edited by tanglefast; 08-25-2011 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tanglefast View Post
    I'm very surprised.

Can't say how skilled the dom chloro you faced is but a dom is sort of built to beat a warlock.

every 10 seconds i can use deny to wipe all DOTS at once and 44 warlocks are pretty reliant on dots. that's a pretty short CD.

i'm also deeper in chloro than you so i have more heals and they're stronger, which quickly makes up for your increased hp, and you can't nullify my attacks like i can yours (i also have a reflect with only a 20 sec cd, that you don't as well as when my charge builds up, like 20 seconds of reflect).

If this fight does continue and it goes long, i don't see how you could have more mana with my 4 types of mana drain spells and 1 on a very short CD.

i know it all sounds like theory right now, but i have never lost a duel with my dom chloro (haven't played against your build). warriors and clerics (p8).

i'd like to test it out tho. if you're on belmont, that'd be fun.

my nick is JHV.
    I can just keep sacrificing life for mana *shrug*. If you do it well enough the Dom/Chloro shouldn't be able to get the better of you. Even better I just keep dispelling mana drain.

Maybe you're the man to beat me but I would assume that in the end if both classes were played properly you would just end up drawing over and over (or one build might have a slight advantage).

With that said I'm not keen to lose out on a couple of raiding weeks just to so which spec does better in a duel
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinandtonic View Post
    http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/2...0629203904.jpg

1.3. That's my best yet.

That looks like a cool build. Got to give it a try. You picked up all the warlock talents I usually get, too.
    I was in that game I remember it
    Menaace - P50 Mage, Annihilator, Executioner, <MMAC> Guild Leader
    Talent has no gearscore
    MMAC vs Vinco 20v20
    Menaace 1.7, 5-Spec, PvP VIDEO
    MMAC vs TFS 10v10's Episode 1 (with commentary)

Shadow life and Essence surge = 15k~ instant cast heal with r8 gear.

-Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast