+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Best Raid Archon Build Video Included

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Genovah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    174

    Default Best Raid Archon Build Video Included

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...sRfiqkrz.xdh.L

    25% increase to intelligence by using "Life giving veil which has no global cooldown"
    You also get to have 19% Total dmg increase vs the 10% versus power drain
    The rate at which the charge depletes using entropic veil is less than power drain itself
    Not to mention bloom can crit for 3k or more easily if you need a self heal or an emergency tank heal
    and lock for the charge increase of course
    could maybe do 4 into ele but 20% charge generation is better imo

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ66jVnktLc
    not like I have super gear or anything but yeh..

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Genovah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    174

    Default

    forgot to use leeching flames but you can imagine leeching flames dps on top of the damage was dishing out with like 25% more int from natural awareness (mana wise) right before lf

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Genovah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    174

    Default

    if you wanted to you could drop lock and the bloom+talents and put 7 in dom for reflect and 6% INT increase which would result in even more dps I suppose but iunno some bosses might need that oh **** heal

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Parses lower than 9dom/6pyro.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched Eraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    @ EU Servers
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Do you realise that Archon is a buff/debuff bot, not made for damage. You waste your charge on +19% dmg while you should be using Power Drain which decreases the damage done by the boss.
    Only reason to go Chloro with archon is to put LBV or LGV on top of your macro (off GCD) because it procs Natural Awareness (+25%int).

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser LatsyrcMoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eraven View Post
    Do you realise that Archon is a buff/debuff bot, not made for damage. You waste your charge on +19% dmg while you should be using Power Drain which decreases the damage done by the boss.
    Only reason to go Chloro with archon is to put LBV or LGV on top of your macro (off GCD) because it procs Natural Awareness (+25%int).
    & to run with two shield greaters to help with incoming damage...not that it's normally an issue...

    @OP: 10/5 dom/pyro or 9/6 dom/pyro is still better for a vast array of reasons, not the least of which being that half your spells w/cast times will be reduced to 1.6 seconds (or less) cast time.
    Last edited by LatsyrcMoy; 07-24-2011 at 03:13 AM.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple Genovah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    174

    Default

    lol pyro is stupid you are putting points for two fire spells and you are immoblized with power of ground, 9% more from entropic viel which also consumes less charge per second

    and you are so excited about DOM As if reflect is used for EVERY boss and like the few extra % INT is remotely better than 25% increase

    You can say whatever you want about what parses more but gear and other thins come into play

    you cannot argue the fact that 9% more dmg OVERALL is already better than only 10% dmg increase to fire spells and the decrease in fire spells from PRYO is hardly significant as its only effecting two spells

    lol pyro/dom parses better... fools

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Genovah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    174

    Default

    power drain reduces the dmg boss does by 10% big woop, as if thats even remotely necessary for most bosses, only a few can think of and the mere fact that it consumes much more charge per second than entropic viel and does 9% less dmg buff is case and point

    chloro in substitute of PYRO is already hands down the best option sorry if your brain computes otherwise Lol

    throw dom in the mix to get reflect and some more INT if you so choose too

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer bluedot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genovah View Post
    lol pyro is stupid you are putting points for two fire spells and you are immoblized with power of ground, 9% more from entropic viel which also consumes less charge per second

    and you are so excited about DOM As if reflect is used for EVERY boss and like the few extra % INT is remotely better than 25% increase

    You can say whatever you want about what parses more but gear and other thins come into play

    you cannot argue the fact that 9% more dmg OVERALL is already better than only 10% dmg increase to fire spells and the decrease in fire spells from PRYO is hardly significant as its only effecting two spells

    lol pyro/dom parses better... fools
    Looking at a recent Plutonus parse the, Burning Purpose, Surging Flare, and Volcanic Bomb (All fire damage) make up 46% of the Archon's damage.
    http://gyazo.com/7442995da950d753c76f71e4e2a0fcba.png

    From just a damage perspective you get 15% (Fire Armor + Ground of power) more fire damage instead of 9% (with 60%-80% uptime) overall damage.
    Power Drain also reduces the mob's damage, it can be argued that that is situational but but there are fights (Hylas, Lord Greenscale, Herald to a lesser degree) that you really need it.

    Using Lifegiving Veil means you won't get healing from other Chloros, which has the potential to cause problems if you have Chloro raid healers.

    You could go 9 Chloro 6 Pyro and get the best of both worlds, but still runs into the issue of not getting any healing if you are using LGV to proc Natural Awareness.

    You should probably give Pyro/Dom a try before calling the people who suggest it fools. It will make admitting you are wrong that much harder ;)

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    You could go 9 Chloro 6 Pyro and get the best of both worlds, but still runs into the issue of not getting any healing if you are using LGV to proc Natural Awareness.
    Except this won't work because LGV comes at 10 points. ;(

  11. #11
    RIFT Guide Writer bluedot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    Except this won't work because LGV comes at 10 points. ;(
    Good call, sir.

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    64

    Default


  13. #13
    Ascendant lol r u mad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genovah View Post
    power drain reduces the dmg boss does by 10% big woop, as if thats even remotely necessary for most bosses, only a few can think of and the mere fact that it consumes much more charge per second than entropic viel and does 9% less dmg buff is case and point

    chloro in substitute of PYRO is already hands down the best option sorry if your brain computes otherwise Lol

    throw dom in the mix to get reflect and some more INT if you so choose too
    LOL, you don't Raid much huh?

    Not power draining a boss' abilities in a in a fight like Hylas will get your raid dead, quick.

    http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

  14. #14
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    415

    Default

    This was in the theory crafting corner at patch 1.3 and I like you thought it would parse higher than pyro/dom, despite it's lack of raid viability. It actually parses lower and sucks for raiding, which wouldn't be that big a problem if you were asking for help/putting forward what you thought was a decent build and taking criticism like an adult and not like a 5 year old.

    Alas you are that 5 y.o. and you are also wrong so I'm going to do the right thing and vote this 1 star and hope that it gets buried before any budding Archons actually contemplate using it.

  15. #15
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woopedazz View Post
    This was in the theory crafting corner at patch 1.3 and I like you thought it would parse higher than pyro/dom, despite it's lack of raid viability. It actually parses lower and sucks for raiding, which wouldn't be that big a problem if you were asking for help/putting forward what you thought was a decent build and taking criticism like an adult and not like a 5 year old.

    Alas you are that 5 y.o. and you are also wrong so I'm going to do the right thing and vote this 1 star and hope that it gets buried before any budding Archons actually contemplate using it.
    I think I did most of the testing. EV doesn't work because 1) It doesn't proc BP, which proper usage of power drain will ALWAYS do, and the big reason 2) EV and volcanic bomb do not stack.

    Gimmick chloro archon builds don't work.
    Last edited by Kazzin; 07-24-2011 at 10:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts