+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Post your weird PvP sepcs here!

Default Post your weird PvP sepcs here!

Hey all. I was bored today and knowing Dominator will be nerfed next patch, I decided to play around with different soul combinations, just for the lulz.

So, here goes, I give you the Stormancer!

This build has:

Pros:
    -Flicker (A 20 second Cooldown that acts almost like another break free)
    -Cinder Burst procs (Hey, instant Cinder Bursts are still good during kiting :P )
    -An instant root that doesn't break on damage
    -30% stun and silence reduction (I wonder if it stacks with the helm augment)
    -A third AoE, that has no cooldown (It's useful sometimes, lol, but lightning field is still better)
    -Ride the Wind (very useful for kiting)
    -Decent Defensive Cooldowns like Icy Vortex and Static Barrier
    -Building Storm (which will be useful come 1.4)
    -The new 44 point ability will be very useful in 1.4, if it doesn't get heavily nerfed.
    -A shield that, but it requires some set up, and is very easy to forget to re-set it up.

There are a few other nice things about it, but those above are worth mentioning the most.

Cons:

-No healing, unless you have the Guild Perk lol
    -Required ramp up time to deal decent damage
    -The fire spells are almost not worth casting ( I did for the cinder burst procs)
    -Inferno doesn't hit very high at all, but I still used it and it got me most of the killing blows.
    -9 points in Pyromancer that's completely useless.
    -No synergy between the two souls.

Stormancer VS Callings

Stormancer VS Mage: This can go either way. Because you're both ranged classes, you don't have to kite, which is where the build shines. However, if they rely heavily on casted times, you can pillar hump, since after you initial set up you'll be casting instants.

Strormancer VS Rogues: If it's a MM, good luck, they hit hard, fast, and you don't. If it's an Assassin, or other melee spec, you can easily kite them, and lul as you instant cast them down to death. If they open from stealth, just flick, raging storm, ice shear, then kite them. If they somehow get close to you pop your ride the wind. Static flux if you can. It's an easy fight, even if they open on you.

Stormancer VS Warriors: This is actually pretty easy, since this build is very good at kiting. It depends on how the fight starts out. If they bull rush you, flicker, raging storm. If you get to them first, raging storm and then immediately flicker, since they'll be spamming bullrush. After that, just keep kiting them, and only stop to recast raging storm, if you know they're not immune. If they manage to get up to you, you can disarm them for a short time while trying to get away.

Stormancer VS Cleric: You'll have a hard them with these guys, since they can heal. If they're a melee build, then you can avoid most of thier damage, but if they're ranged or a healer, it will take a while to take them down, and most likely they'll get you down first.

Stormancer VS Team: If it's Team vs Team, then you'll probably be AoEing then lighting bursting (in 1.4). In 1.3 I just did the old fashioned Hail Storm, Lighting Storm, Lighting field. It's not that great of damage, but it helps keep the enemy healers busy.

Ok, so overall, it's not the best spec, but it is fun 1v1, on certain classes. Anyone else have an odd build they would like to share?
    Last edited by Sarathor; 07-23-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

Soulwalker

Thumbs down

probally the worst build ive witnessed on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by x n i k e x 23 View Post
    K, I'll bite:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...h0z..ecRAkqqeo

Lots of HP, many defensive cooldowns, lots of self heal. This is as close to being a Mage tank as we can get(right now)

Quote Originally Posted by x n i k e x 23 View Post
    lol, like I said, weird specs. The combinations don't have synergy, but it really isn't that bad for PvP.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by LatsyrcMoy View Post
    K, I'll bite:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...h0z..ecRAkqqeo

Lots of HP, many defensive cooldowns, lots of self heal. This is as close to being a Mage tank as we can get(right now)
    That's not an odd build, as there have been variations of it for some time now. It's good for leveling/world pve and pvp. Though the points are a bit off in warlock.
    Last edited by Sorrower; 07-24-2011 at 10:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread