+ Reply to Thread

Thread: stat targets for 50

Telaran

Default stat targets for 50

As a DPS mage what stats should I be aiming for before I start running T1/T2/raids. I know focus is important. Are there specific numbers I should be aiming for SP, crit, and endurance before I will be welcome in (not just able to queue for) those tiers?

Rift Disciple

Just read some dungeon guides, get in there, and start rolling on mage crap. While you're doing this, get a 2x greater/4x lesser sigil/machine and run daily Rift Raids till its filed with quality lessers. Last but not least, win.

Plane Touched

900-1000 SP
    +550 crit

That is what we went with from the start, and it seemed to be enough. You should be around that if you are full T2 geared.

Shadowlander

I have been having this problem as well and cant find any good answers. Ive gotten a couple of pieces from t1 but the wait is so horrible for the lfd. I work third so can only run them with my guild when i dont work. I want to know when i can move on to t2 without being a hinderance to my group.

Rift Disciple

You might try to queue up as chloro if you know what you are doing - or go in as a support / dps as those roles might be faster than pure dps

Telaran

Before 900-1000 sp, you always want to stack spellpower

after that crit is good, but I always prioritize sp over crit, simply because there are a lot of crit buffs you got during raids and other things and sp is constant where as crit is not

Rift Disciple

You can't avoid doing experts to gear up, but here are a few tips:

A. Build your expert dungeon crew before joining the lfg tool. The lfg tool works like a ski lift: it takes a big group and fills it up with a smaller group or a single. Do the "LFMM" thing till you have 3 or 4 then join the lfg and you'll find the process works better. Add everyone from decent expert runs to your friends list and build groups through private invitations in the future. You might end up with a guild invite this way, where you then start running stuff with your guildies.

B. Even if you don't have raid worthy focus (200+), do as many daily raid rifts as you can. Most 20 man pugs are overpowered for most "Daily RR" that you will see people advertising for in 50 chat. So you won't drag the group down even as many of your spells get resisted. Get a couple of the level 38 runes at the ah for your legs and hat that have spellpower 5 and focus 18. Make sure to get the daily rr quest before joining the raid. Most importantly, stick around at the end of the rift raid and roll on mage gear and lessers/greaters for the 7500 planarite sigil/machine you already have RIGHT?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by fugazid View Post
    I have been having this problem as well and cant find any good answers. Ive gotten a couple of pieces from t1 but the wait is so horrible for the lfd. I work third so can only run them with my guild when i dont work. I want to know when i can move on to t2 without being a hinderance to my group.
    See post above, but also read guides so you aren't going into boss fights cold. What build are you using and what is your focus?

+ Reply to Thread