+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whitewizard mage PVP guide

Shadowlander

Default Whitewizard mage PVP guide

i actually posted this thread to pvp section too but i want this to be seen as many people as possible to show people mages are not desperate against melee.
    I made this build to heal and survive but it turns out you use damaging abilities alot in this build so i think with some adjustment to your playstyle this build can give you everything you need.

Here is a little video about me doing some pvp,if youre new to pvp as a mage you might find some helpful tips in this video.
    I had 800 valor pvp gear 6k+ HP and whitefall trinket while recording it.Even if youre not new to pvp you might find something that will bring you back to life in this build because this video is mostly about surviving.
    Now alot of mages cry about melee in this game but this build will help you to enjoy pvp again.
    You might say i counter bad geared or noob people in this video but it has been made in 1 night and its only for you to get the idea of this build.
    You can ask me anything in here or in-game
    I hope I can help you to get back on track with this video,ENJOY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL-iXQTUgLo

PS:if I get good reaction from people i might make more guides about mage pvp.

Whitewizard @Riptalon EU

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewizard View Post
    i actually posted this thread to pvp section too but i want this to be seen as many people as possible to show people mages are not desperate against melee.
    I made this build to heal and survive but it turns out you use damaging abilities alot in this build so i think with some adjustment to your playstyle this build can give you everything you need.

Here is a little video about me doing some pvp,if youre new to pvp as a mage you might find some helpful tips in this video.
    I had 800 valor pvp gear 6k+ HP and whitefall trinket while recording it.Even if youre not new to pvp you might find something that will bring you back to life in this build because this video is mostly about surviving.
    Now alot of mages cry about melee in this game but this build will help you to enjoy pvp again.
    You might say i counter bad geared or noob people in this video but it has been made in 1 night and its only for you to get the idea of this build.

Whitewizard @Riptalon EU

lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lawl

That was highly entertaining, /clap for you. Not the best spec ever, but it looks very fun. Great job coming up with something neat like that.

Ascendant

fun looking spec. my spin on it. I might try it when dom gets nerfed.

would you rather have essence surge or hastened withdraw (which stacks with ride the wind). I know which one I'd rather have! also, you get phase shift which is kind of cool especially vs dominators.
    Last edited by ururu; 07-23-2011 at 11:17 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewizard View Post

Whitewizard @Riptalon EU

Wow, very nice job man...I might have to try this spec out. It seems you have your speed boost macroed....What else do you have it with??
    Veni Vidi Vici.
    "Goddam it, you'll never get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole! Follow me!" -Captain Henry P. Jim Crowe
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by IcanHazWin View Post
    Wow, very nice job man...I might have to try this spec out. It seems you have your speed boost macroed....What else do you have it with??
    as with most mage tools, you cannot macro ride the wind. it is a toggle on/off that consumes charge.
    Last edited by ururu; 07-23-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Rift Disciple

Isn't self healing getting nerfed?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by IcanHazWin View Post
    no only macro i have is using living shell with brigade of glory,its mouse middle button thats why it looks like macro(ride the wind)

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Rilke View Post
    Isn't self healing getting nerfed?
    yes it is and this spec will prolly wont work this well after nerf is live,i will have to find another build.

Shadowlander

you lost your node...twice...and not because you got killed but because you ran away and gave them up...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Atsaka View Post
    you lost your node...twice...and not because you got killed but because you ran away and gave them up...
    yea but this video is not a codex guide i just wanted to show how the build works what are the key abilities etc. i usually dont hang around statue and vault too but those places have fewer people than codex,in codex you mostly see aoe but in vault you can get a chance to fight against 1-2 people

What is the point of this spec?

To sprint away and selfheal ?
    Last edited by Arcanas; 07-23-2011 at 02:15 PM.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanas View Post
    What is the point of this spec?

To sprint away and selfheal ?
    like nobody reads what i write

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    fun looking spec. my spin on it. I might try it when dom gets nerfed.

would you rather have essence surge or hastened withdraw (which stacks with ride the wind). I know which one I'd rather have! also, you get phase shift which is kind of cool especially vs dominators.
    yea i dont know about hastened withdraw i guess i ll have to try that also maybe it would be something much more fun and yea phase shift is a great skill

O hi there. I am on the defiant side of whitewizards' warfronts. He has a nice funny build. It gets even better on 1v2-3, though on 1v1 I was able to kill him with my necro-lock but I have to admit his build is funnier to play. So try it out folks
    used to be a proud member of Rift Runners till madness took over.

Rift Disciple

Well at least we know a mage is really good at running around non stop and spamming an instant that does like 300 damage, I mean heck... thats what mages are supposed to do right? Not real damage like warriors...

in all honesty, great movie, great survivability, but yea we know mages have great survivability, its just, I for one signed up to be killing people fast and dying fast, not distract people by running around and making them made since they can't kill you lol, although it did look fun! But thats just my opinion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast