+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for a good leveling/PvE build

Soulwalker

Default Looking for a good leveling/PvE build

Hi guys,

I am a new player, level 21. I started the game as necro/lock/dom, but have no problem changing if there is something better out there. I'm just looking for a good soul spending guide, to maximize my efficiency. Thanks!

Shadowlander

Necro/lock and use archon as your 0 point for the buffs, can't really say no to free intelligence, wisdom and endurance.

Rift Disciple

As soon as you hit 27 rock this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z_qy..Vtcz0xo.VMhp

Let your greater earth pet gather up and tank groups of mobs while you aoe bomb them.

Also google bluedots guides.

Soulwalker

That looks like a pretty good build. It revolves around lots of AoE damage, right? Which generally has better pets, elementalist or necro?

Soulwalker

So I'm trying that storm/ele build and learning so many new spells at once has led to much confusion. Can anyone give input on good casting order for multiple mobs?

Rift Disciple

http://www.google.com/m/url?ei=SmcrT...VYC-bL6ZXWrBwg

Not the most up to date vid for pve but it will get you started.

Summon a pet and then bind pet attack to a convenient key. When you come to a group of mobs, send the greater earth to one of them, let it gather threat, rise and repeat till your pet has generated threat on 3 to 5 mobs, then electrify the group with forked lightning 3 times, thn blast em with lighning field until 3x electrification debuff is about to run out, refresh with frked lightning once, then bomb awy some more. That's the basic idea.

You can glean better nfo from the vid. I'm reciting from ancient memory and may even hve spell names wrong. :P

Plane Touched

cba to go elementalist, it's so bad and you prolly end up spamming quicken elements to keep your pet alive.

Go necromancer for soul purge, even devouring shadows and mortality is enough aoe.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Myso View Post
    cba to go elementalist, it's so bad and you prolly end up spamming quicken elements to keep your pet alive.

Go necromancer for soul purge, even devouring shadows and mortality is enough aoe.
    Only if you pick too big a fight. Eventually you can quick summon him if he gos down. But i like necrolock too. Try both.

Soulwalker

thanks guys

+ Reply to Thread