+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: charge reduction

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default charge reduction

    Why is everyone complaining about the incoming charge reduction? With this change we WILL be doing more dps.

    For instance, Static Flux now, with full charge, is gone after 5 spells or so. After the changes you can easily cast 10 spells. Also it does NOT trigger the global cooldown! So it can be used just before a spellcast is over, or whenever you want.

    Warlocks have the best -charge bonus there is: +75% dmg on all spells. It has a 30 second cooldown.
    Atm, when at full charge, it wears off after 5-6 seconds. With the charge reduction itll be about 10-11seconds. Thats about 1/3 of the entire cooldown. In the time when it is on CD, just use defile! then when the CD wears off: Empowered Darkness back on.

    And I believe allot more is possible with the incoming charge reduction.

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer bluedot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandfish View Post
    So it can be used just before a spellcast is over, or whenever you want.
    To clarify, Static Flux (and all other charge draining damage boosters) must be active before a spell cast has begun and remain active through the entire cast to get the benefit.

  3. #3
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Wow... I hadn't even thought of using it that way. Good point OP!

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser Kharde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Utah, USA
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    To clarify, Static Flux (and all other charge draining damage boosters) must be active before a spell cast has begun and remain active through the entire cast to get the benefit.
    QFT

    Can't use it the way the OP suggests. Damage is checked when the spell starts it's cast, not when it finishes. Just like how a DoT takes a screenshot of your stats when you initiate.

  5. #5
    RIFT Guide Writer bluedot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kharde View Post
    QFT

    Can't use it the way the OP suggests. Damage is checked when the spell starts it's cast, not when it finishes. Just like how a DoT takes a screenshot of your stats when you initiate.
    Charge consuming damage buffs must be active throughout the entire cast of a spell to get the benefit. Deactivating it during the cast no longer works (it used to).

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser Kharde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Utah, USA
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    Charge consuming damage buffs must be active throughout the entire cast of a spell to get the benefit. Deactivating it during the cast no longer works (it used to).
    Through the entire cast? Oh... huh... lame.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Arcanas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Flanking you with a Raid
    Posts
    1,554

    Default

    Having tested the changes to the charge dump skills I can honestly say its going to make bugger all difference.

    +20% dmg on 1-3 casts for most builds is not going to fix the issue with mage DPS.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

  8. #8
    lgw
    lgw is offline
    Ascendant lgw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dreamland
    Posts
    1,879

    Default

    Defile Necro/Lock with WL Synergy Crystal. High chances to be the goto ST DPS spec in HK (both for the ST, the utility and surviability, as well as combination options of WL 38... 28 Chl for DPS / raid heals, 28 DOM for all its utility).
    Last edited by lgw; 07-23-2011 at 02:07 AM.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    To clarify, Static Flux (and all other charge draining damage boosters) must be active before a spell cast has begun and remain active through the entire cast to get the benefit.
    never got this clear: it need to be active at cast end or at spell hit (for slow moving spells)?
    Once known as Nix-Zero


    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    To clarify, Static Flux (and all other charge draining damage boosters) must be active before a spell cast has begun and remain active through the entire cast to get the benefit.
    Bah! Well, then that wont make any diffrence, but the other aspects are still very nice imo.

    Lock 51 might be the next top pve spec with ED>Defile. (only use Defile when ED on CD)
    Last edited by sandfish; 07-23-2011 at 04:07 AM.

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara Flaviusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    This charge business is pretty inconsequential.

    What matters is the spotter's order and weapon enchants changes -- these two things by themselves should put us where we need to be. The rest is window dressing and bug fixes.

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    This charge business is pretty inconsequential.

    What matters is the spotter's order and weapon enchants changes -- these two things by themselves should put us where we need to be. The rest is window dressing and bug fixes.
    Flavius, I respect you quite a bit, but I believe that the whole "whetstone + spotter's orders" thing is a huge, huge red herring. I don't have math to back me up, but I do have the experience of a metric ton of warriors charging and one-shotting me in pvp.

    My suppositions regarding pvp is this:

    1. Most players aren't likely to use expensive whetstones for pvp - especially when they don't need them.
    2. There are no warlords in warfronts. And if there are, then spotters orders isn't going up before warriors are oneshotting everyone.

    The big problem I see with warriors, and melee rogues, is that Trion has really, really screwed up weapon itemization. And by that I mean they increased weapon dps by WAY too much from tier to tier. The addition of Hammerknell weapons and overpowered warrior synergy crystals are only going to widen the gap, not make it closer.

    This is all my opinion btw, not speaking strictly factually.

    And yes i know pvp =|= pve; I just don't think that nerfing spotters orders is going to affect warrior dps all that much. It will allow DW warriors to use slower 1h weapons, that's about it.
    Last edited by Pyrocaster; 07-23-2011 at 04:30 AM.

  13. #13
    Telaran Eclipsed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrocaster View Post
    Flavius, I respect you quite a bit, but I believe that the whole "whetstone + spotter's orders" thing is a huge, huge red herring. I don't have math to back me up, but I do have the experience of a metric ton of warriors charging and one-shotting me in pvp.

    My suppositions regarding pvp is this:

    1. Most players aren't likely to use expensive whetstones for pvp - especially when they don't need them.
    2. There are no warlords in warfronts. And if there are, then spotters orders isn't going up before warriors are oneshotting everyone.

    The big problem I see with warriors, and melee rogues, is that Trion has really, really screwed up weapon itemization. And by that I mean they increased weapon dps by WAY too much from tier to tier. The addition of Hammerknell weapons and overpowered warrior synergy crystals are only going to widen the gap, not make it closer.

    This is all my opinion btw, not speaking strictly factually.

    And yes i know pvp =|= pve; I just don't think that nerfing spotters orders is going to affect warrior dps all that much. It will allow DW warriors to use slower 1h weapons, that's about it.
    I think we are all strictly thinking just PvE. Mages are fine in PvP if they use chloro/dom. There will always be a difference in gear between players. The only fair comparisons to use are being killed within a few seconds of similiar gear. It would be pretty hard to constantly compare gear in warfronts.

    I switch between pyro/ele and chloro/dom to my tastes. Do I feel like raining death or do I want to be a god to any players whom try to catch me alone? Pyro/ele is not super amazing, but I think it is still great for bursting down threats in wf's. Anyways gear/experience will allow me to continue playing pyro/ele before and after 1.4 is released.

    I don't know hoe well chloro/dom will fair after 1.4, but it just means I need to look around for another spec and do more testing. Atm I only play the build when I am bored and like to free roam a map and not fear being caught alone by a war or rog or even 2.
    Last edited by Eclipsed; 07-23-2011 at 07:59 AM.

  14. #14
    Prophet of Telara Flaviusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrocaster View Post
    Flavius, I respect you quite a bit, but I believe that the whole "whetstone + spotter's orders" thing is a huge, huge red herring. I don't have math to back me up, but I do have the experience of a metric ton of warriors charging and one-shotting me in pvp.
    Yeah, I'm talking strictly pve here. I grinded to rank 3 months ago, decided this was a pve game, and haven't set foot in a warfront since then. Mileage may vary. I personally doubt this game lends itself much to pvp, particularly for mages, and believe it will be a source of infinite frustration for those who stick to it, whereas pve I think they can get it right.

  15. #15
    Rift Master Guaritor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    To clarify, Static Flux (and all other charge draining damage boosters) must be active before a spell cast has begun and remain active through the entire cast to get the benefit.
    You can still toggle it off during a channel and get the benefit for the whole spell though (on live).
    Last edited by Guaritor; 07-23-2011 at 08:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts