+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lich form working as I thought it should?

General of Telara

Default Lich form working as I thought it should?

Reading lich form I have always took it, that it increases your pets damage by 30%
    Now for some reason earlier I decided to parse split personality without lich form and then with lich form running.

Their damage went up by about 10%
    Bolts went from the 900's to just over 1000 damage pet hit.

Now am I missing something here?

I know someone will say I am being stupid as it works like X/y=Axb/c (taking the piss with that gobbledy goo, as maths was never my thing)

But for me I took it as 30% if they were doing 1000 per bolt before, during Lichform they would be doing 1300.

Please can someone explain to me why I am not understanding this, or Lich not working as intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Elgarr View Post
    Reading lich form I have always took it, that it increases your pets damage by 30%
    Now for some reason earlier I decided to parse split personality without lich form and then with lich form running.

I know someone will say I am being stupid as it works like X/y=Axb/c (taking the piss with that gobbledy goo, as maths was never my thing)

But for me I took it as 30% if they were doing 1000 per bolt before, during Lichform they would be doing 1300.

Please can someone explain to me why I am not understanding this, or Lich not working as intended?
    Let me explain Marvin Gaye style.

Take off your clothes; get naked.

Try and parse it again in the nude. This will take away the spellpower boost from your gear that isn't affected by the talent.

Find the spellpower conversion table and compute how much loving spellpower is giving your pets.

Ecstasy!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by cagey View Post

Try and parse it again in the nude. This will take away the spellpower boost from your gear that isn't affected by the talent.

Find the spellpower conversion table and compute how much loving spellpower is giving your pets.

Ecstasy!
    And that right there is a sign that it is not working right, if you ask me. It should be a 30% boost to your damage regardless of what your current stats are. Or, it might be working right as Trion sees it...but we all know that they're blind when it comes to Mages anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayce86 View Post
    And that right there is a sign that it is not working right, if you ask me. It should be a 30% boost to your damage regardless of what your current stats are. Or, it might be working right as Trion sees it...but we all know that they're blind when it comes to Mages anyway.
    Ha ha don't shoot the messenger! I might be wrong, but that's how I believe it works. Test it and see.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by cagey View Post

Ecstasy!
    Spell power has nothing to do with it.

I'll save you the math since you say you're not good at it, but the bottom line is that the more +dmg% buffs you have, the less effective they become. This is a result of them stacking additively, rather than multiplicatively as you seem to think.

You already have a significant +dmg buff to pets from the talent a bit lower in the tree. Parse it without that talent and the dmg increase will be 30%. Dmg bonuses like that are additive so you'll rarely if ever see the full bonus increase over current dmg due to other buffs.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    You already have a significant +dmg buff to pets from the talent a bit lower in the tree. Parse it without that talent and the dmg increase will be 30%. Dmg bonuses like that are additive so you'll rarely if ever see the full bonus increase over current dmg due to other buffs.
    Makes sense. Thx!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Elgarr View Post

If you read carefully Lich form only increases the dmg of undead pets, and split personalities pets are classified as Planar and not undead.

+ Reply to Thread