+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The infamous chloromancer/dominator spec (PVP)

Default The infamous chloromancer/dominator spec (PVP)

This soul compilation is based around survivability and not for KBs or highest damage. You will have the highest damage taken more than anything. You will be able to kill up to 3 players heal and maintain yourself and do slight heals to your warfront members.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...k.VdIhMA00Ro.m

As all dominator specs this spec relies on how "dumb" your opponent is. All pvp is circumstantial, we know this.
    When faced with a 1v1 opponent it depends on your opponent.

Rogues. The first ability you use is transmogrify to remove one of their break free effects. Second you use transference. Ruin is a spell you want to save if the rogue is an assassin I suggest putting this on right after so their slip away gets broken on the last tick of ruin's dot. Vile spores will be your main cast spell. Storm shackle is what will kill the assassin type rogue with the snare and the "move and die capabilities of this spell will make the rogue end up killing himself more than anything. With bloom,flourish, wild growth and essence surge, you will be able to survive the bleeds. Deny will take off the poisons but not bleeds remember this.

Warriors. The same as an assassin rogue. You need to lock down their ability to burst you. Transference will help you against this issue. Storm shackle and haunting pain are your main spells you will use against them. Keep moving. Make the warrior come to you in order for them to kill themselves.

Mages. One of the easiest fights you will find as a chloromancer/dom. Accelerated Decay is your best friend. This fight will be longer than fighting either a rogue or a warrior. Incompetence and void shroud are best to use on mages because if a mage is pvping they have some sort of healing/survivability. Incompetence and void shroud will lower their healing to make for a fast kill. Remember deny is your greatest ally on this fight. Do not burn deny when you have 2 dots on you unless one of them is defile.

Clerics. The hardest fight you will ever encounter in 1v1. These beasts will be able to keep themselves alive if they are melee mana wrench will be useless because they just have to hit you a few times to restore their mana pool. Most dps clerics have a form of mana regen if it is off of melee skills or the inquisitor's version of mana wrench. Mana wrench will be your greatest ally coupled with storm shackle, incompetence, void shroud, death's edict and haunting pain. Your goal is to make sure they make their own mistakes in order for you to kill them as with all other classes. When/if they come into melee drop Arresting Presence in order to buy you enough time to either finish them off or get away from them if they seem too difficult for you to kill.

*NEVER USE TRANSFERENCE ON A CASTER* this spell is for warriors and rogues. You must keep this in mind at all times.

Your survivability spells consist of:

Wild Abandon, which will make sure you will be able to keep moving.

Break Free, remember to use this sparingly because of the long cooldown (ie warriors and rogues mainly, clerics and mages cant burst you fast enough unless it is the dreaded pyro/ele)

Deny, this spell is the greatest spell on anything that tries to dot you to death and trying to keep the gap of melee closed. If wild abandon is on cool down this spell can be used to remove the snares and roots. The main thing about this spell is it is your lowest cooldown. As all of us mages know, you never waste a global cool down ever.

Natural Conversion/Reflective Command. Used only on any caster type dps class. This will give you enough time or a nice boost in health to finish what you started or end what they have started with you.

*I did not put Split Personality in any of the 1v1 fights because you should be able to control the fight well enough not to waste your most precious spell in your arsenal on just 1 player.

2v1. Transmogrify at least one storm shackle the other heal, split personality and run around like to make sure they die. When split personality is up it is a set it and forget it. This means the priority now is healing yourself. Run as far away from your split as you can so if the other players aoe you arent in it. If they see you pop split personality 9 times out of 10 the fight is over within seconds and you will be standing victorious. Arresting Presence if it is a caster duo. Traitorous Influence if it is a rogue/warrior combo. If it is a split combo make sure you lock down the healer as much as possible. Use incompetence on them and void shroud on their pocket dps.

3v1 This is the same as 2v1 but you have to make sure you watch everything. You will lose so much in the fight if you dont pay attention and make sure what you are fighting. If that 51pt marksmen is there you must pray to the mage gods that your split doesnt get eaten or you will die really fast.

I have only taken out about 3 3v1 groups 4v1 is just too much and if you can do it by yourself you have mastered this soul compilation.

2 Chloro/dom set up. If you have you and your friend and are using a voice chat server you will be able to kill 12 players with just the 2 of you. This however is with one of them at least pr6 and pray they attack that one over you. (odds are they will because that mage has already built a reputation) Split Personality is first. Followed up with storm shackle on 2 different players. Then it is traitorous influence and arrested presence. Off set your flourish so your partner will be healed by it as well. Whoever is the primary damage taker they will probably eat the other partner's essence surge and bloom. Wild Growth is a must in this fight. It will open the gap for you and raise your damage enough to get that extra boost.

I hope this helps you fellow pvpers out. I have had so much fun watching my enemy kill themselves and controlling the battlefield as much as possible. This spec is my friend's spec in pvp and we have been owning anything that comes across us or by ourselves. Remember Bloodthirsty and your port scion trinket for heals so you can save your burst healing for yourself. This spec will however change when 1.4 drops but it will still make your opponent pissed off and qqing because their own wf members will be yelling at them from moving and killing off their team.
    Last edited by Cabreon; 07-22-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Rift Disciple

Transference is only used on a caster if he has really low mana. Other than that, it DOES drain Charge as well, so it's not completely useless against casters. But ya, most effective against Rogues/Warriors 99% of the time.
    Last edited by Sinandtonic; 07-22-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinandtonic View Post
    Transference is only used on a caster if he has really low mana. Other than that, it DOES drain Charge as well, so it's not completely useless against casters. But ya, most effective against Rogues/Warriors 99% of the time.
    I agree. There is no point in only taking say 350 mana from a cleric or a mage. (7k mana pool for the dominator)

This spec will have you with a very little death ratio. That is why I posted it on the forums.

Soulwalker

What would this look like at lvl 20?

I run a similar spec, but the one i'm running now is

31 Dom/17 Chlora/18 Archmage.

I kind of want 18 Chlora for Wild Abandon, but i'm not certain yet, all I know is I get the speed burst in Archmage tree and it helps me kite somewhat.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Reflective Presence and Empowered Presence (3/3).

If you don't have these skills and you face a spec that does, you will lose; you will lose because you shackled and TIed yourself on top of the enemy's TI, and because your SP shades suicide instead of killing.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Quote Originally Posted by mrcjevans View Post
    What would this look like at lvl 20?
    To run this build effectively you would have to have split personality. I would like to suggest Necro/lock at level 20 instead of Chloro/Dom. The point spread is really interesting and I don't know if it would be as effective as the warlock or the necromancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabreon View Post
    To run this build effectively you would have to have split personality. I would like to suggest Necro/lock at level 20 instead of Chloro/Dom. The point spread is really interesting and I don't know if it would be as effective as the warlock or the necromancer.
    I agree... I tore people apart with necro/lock at the lower to middle levels, lol. At 45 I switched to chloro/dom and am having a great time. It's a totally different game though, but I couldn't see at the early levels doing as well with anythng but necro/lock.

Z

The Order of the Silver Hand is recruiting! Dayblind - Guardian - www.TheOrderoftheSilverHand.com

my own chloro dom spec in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pil16WPliWo

Playing ANYTHING with Gebrile/Tenecabo/Cabotene in the name.
    "Rogues were put in PvP for wars who need a bloodthirsty proc while killing a caster." - Lyanna
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pil16WPliWo 1.4 chlor dom video I made.. couple others in there too. Another video in the making coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Gebrile View Post
    my own chloro dom spec in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pil16WPliWo
    Good vid...I liked how you showed multiple specs.

Though its also a reminder of how nerfed SP needed to be, haha.
    Corky - P8 Mage
    Kim - P5 Rogue
    Billy - P4 Cleric

Server: Seastone, Guild: Hot Shots

lol naaaah

Playing ANYTHING with Gebrile/Tenecabo/Cabotene in the name.
    "Rogues were put in PvP for wars who need a bloodthirsty proc while killing a caster." - Lyanna
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pil16WPliWo 1.4 chlor dom video I made.. couple others in there too. Another video in the making coming soon!

Telaran

just wondering, you don't find priest's lament useful? It's just 1 point

Era
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nyvin View Post
    just wondering, you don't find priest's lament useful? It's just 1 point
    DR makes it basically useless....it'll work maybe once before they become immune to subsequent casts...I never found it useful.
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Era View Post
    DR makes it basically useless....it'll work maybe once before they become immune to subsequent casts...I never found it useful.
    Doesn't it ignore DR? Did they change that . . .

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Era View Post
    even the interupt is DR?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast