+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice for chloro build pls

Telaran

Default Advice for chloro build pls

Hello fellow mages, I'm looking for some feedback on this spec:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...dIuqA0zRR.x0Vk

I'm wanting the AOE silence and single target reflect for a few encounters from dom and natural splendor for some heavy aoe encounters where people are clumped up, have NT but I don't plan on tank healing at all with this spec. Threw the last point in imp mana wrench cause i couldn't find a better spot for it...other then maybe 1 more point in chloro for the 1.5% increased healing.

I havent used the spec yet just wanted to hear you thoughts, since im not 51 chloro and i don't have the warlock dmg boosts do you think my healing will suffer much from a spec like this for aoe healing?

Thx!

Telaran

If you dont want to do any tank healing, synth n nature touch are not useful at all and you can use nature fury since it has lower cast time due to the Nature Swiftness and I would put em somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorne33 View Post
    Hello fellow mages, I'm looking for some feedback on this spec:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...dIuqA0zRR.x0Vk

I'm wanting the AOE silence and single target reflect for a few encounters from dom and natural splendor for some heavy aoe encounters where people are clumped up, have NT but I don't plan on tank healing at all with this spec. Threw the last point in imp mana wrench cause i couldn't find a better spot for it...other then maybe 1 more point in chloro for the 1.5% increased healing.

I havent used the spec yet just wanted to hear you thoughts, since im not 51 chloro and i don't have the warlock dmg boosts do you think my healing will suffer much from a spec like this for aoe healing?

Thx!
    Since this spec seems like it is designed for Uruluuk or any heavy aoe damage fight. I suggest if you havent already stack spell power. This will help with the damage decrease from chloro/lock and not being a 51 point chloromancer. It wont suffer much but do not expect to top healing charts. From what I gathered about your spec is this. It is designed to maintain a good burst aoe healing set up with some utilities to make the fight more fun or to control the outcome easier.

~30 in Warlock or Ele would be better for pure AE healing (with 30+ in chloro).
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by kirra12 View Post
    If you dont want to do any tank healing, synth n nature touch are not useful at all and you can use nature fury since it has lower cast time due to the Nature Swiftness and I would put em somewhere else.
    Well I have opportunity...grabbed it so i can just throw it out there as an instant - do you think natures fury would work better for that?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Cabreon View Post
    Since this spec seems like it is designed for Uruluuk or any heavy aoe damage fight. I suggest if you havent already stack spell power. This will help with the damage decrease from chloro/lock and not being a 51 point chloromancer. It wont suffer much but do not expect to top healing charts. From what I gathered about your spec is this. It is designed to maintain a good burst aoe healing set up with some utilities to make the fight more fun or to control the outcome easier.
    Yeah I'm thinking Uruluuk, LGS, Herald and it may work well for Warmaster healing as well but if possible I would like to just use it for every encounter, as long as the healing is close to what a full chloro would be.

I did actually tweak the spec a bit when entering the points on the character

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...dIuqAc0oR.x0Vk

I should be able to tank heal with this set up I would think.

In this spec unbuffed my SP is 1150 and my SC shot way up to 746 from that int boost.

If you want to tank heal, you go full-Chloro. Period. You're gimping the raid if you're not (and arguably the raid is already gimped there by not having a Cleric main heal). 51Chloro/15Dom is good for that (it's what I run).

If you're making a general raid-healing build, something like this is what you want. Those last few points in Chloro can be moved around (Call of Spring, Raised in Nature, Circle of Life), but just avoid Synthesis altogether because that's a waste of points if you're not going 51-Chloro. That's the build that I use and our other Chloro has a very similar if not the same build, and we both easily do over 1200 hps on fights like Oracle, Hylas, and LGS. For Uruluuk, you don't need to have Reflective Command because the Archon should be taking care of that. Natural Splendor is not worth the dps-decrease from not having the Lock passives.

Your current build looks functional for raid-healing, but it's far from optimal, and if you tried to tank-heal with it I would swap you out with someone who actually has a tank-healing build. If you want to be a special little snowflake doing your own thing, you could probably get by with this build you've cooked up. If you want to be optimal, it's not going to cut it.

+ Reply to Thread