+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2k Mage DPS on Plutonus

Default 2k Mage DPS on Plutonus

Edit: Part 2 of this here: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...16-by-Eventide

Before you say anything understand that this was on a run where our entire goal was maximum DPS, I doubt this is repeatable on a regular basis or on a safe kill. Also this was not a kill, we wiped sub 10% and ran out of raid time. I was going to wait to get a kill parse but we won't do this again if Hammerknell opens. I am confident I would have been within 50 Dps of this, and the raid would have likely been higher due to cooldown timing.

My stats for this fight were:
    1172 Spell Power
    792 Crit

Shocking Cipher is filtered out. I was using the basic Zoomancer spec and rotation.
    Screen shot here: http://bluedots.org/wp-content/uploa.../07/29kdps.png

Write up on our strategy, my spec, a full parse, more screenshots and a video available here: http://bluedots.org/2011/07/21/29kdps/

Also note that Spotters Order, which one of the reasons Zoomancer is so good (not the only reason) will no longer work on pets in 1.4 so this might be short lived.
    Last edited by bluedot; 07-25-2011 at 07:07 PM.

Now that is a fast *** kill . . .
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    Before you say anything understand that this was on a run where our entire goal was maximum DPS, I doubt this is repeatable on a regular basis or on a safe kill.

1172 Spell Power
    792 Crit

Shocking Cipher is filtered out. I was using the basic Zoomancer spec and rotation.

Write up on our strategy, my spec, a full parse, more screenshots and a video available here: http://bluedots.org/2011/07/21/29kdps/

Also note that Spotters Order, which one of the reasons Zoomancer is so good (not the only reason) will no longer work on pets in 1.4 so this might be short lived.
    Nice!

Just one thing though. Doesn't this just prove that under the perfect circumstances for all callings that we simply cannot reach the dps of warriors and rogues? (I'm assuming those were the callings above you.)

But anyway, amazing parse.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Deistik View Post
    Now that is a fast *** kill . . .
    wasn't a kill :P
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post
    Nice!

Just one thing though. Doesn't this just prove that under the perfect circumstances for all callings that we simply cannot reach the dps of warriors and rogues? (I'm assuming those were the callings above you.)

But anyway, amazing parse.
    Thekoon and Avenger are Warriors the 3 people immediately below me are Rogues, Kanzer is the next Mage (1780 DPS, but he double clicked his Empty the Crypts on the first go)

Draw your own conclusion, but I don't think much should be read into this. Zoomancer only works on like 2 fights, and we spent about 10 pulls trying to get this.

OK, not a kill. But it's still 5.1million damage single target in less than 3 minutes.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Shadowlander

Very nice Bluedot

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post
    Its a 2:55 min parse... right before his CDs came back up. Thats as accurate as it gets.
    Re-check your math. He got off 2 SP's, which means that for 60 seconds out of 175 seconds he had a spike of 3-4k dps. ETC would have been quite a bit off also, as he took some time building charge int he beginning of the encounter. The ETC zombies come out at around :16, and that would mean they would be out at 1:46; the next one would have been at 3:16. Close but not "right before" it came up. Also, Ciderhelm states that the kill would have been at 3:30 had they killed him.

Finally, Ciderhelm said that one of the warriors died. Might he have also beat the mage?

Basically in 100% perfect conditions, this mage STILL could not beat the top rogue/warriors. And had the encounter gone to 3:30 as Ciderhelm predicted, that 2k dps would have dropped to 1.8-1.9k, or possibly even lower.

On GG's latest screenie, his Split Personalities accounted for a full 441 dps on their own. The longer an encounter goes without them out, the lower the dps gets, and it can be quite a precipitous drop.

Regarding the OP: I feel like you are continuing to try to manipulate the Rift Mage community into believing that our dps is "okay" and/or "competitive." If your raid had killed Plutonis at 3:30 as Ciderhelm predicted, you would have easily been under 1.9k dps, and maybe even under 1.8k, along with the fact that you would have been outdps'ed again by 15% by thekoon, and the 3 people directly below you would have jumped up over you.

This is statistical chicanery if I've ever seen it. Please, stop. You are doing a disservice to all the mages in this game, as well as continuing to show yourself as some kind of shill apologist for Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrocaster View Post

Regarding the OP: I feel like you are continuing to try to manipulate the Rift Mage community into believing that our dps is "okay" and/or "competitive." If your raid had killed Plutonis at 3:30 as Ciderhelm predicted, you would have easily been under 1.9k dps, and maybe even under 1.8k, along with the fact that you would have been outdps'ed again by 15% by thekoon, and the 3 people directly below you would have jumped up over you.
    I was very forthcoming with all the information. I am not sure how I can be less manipulating.
    Hell I even said this was not easily repeatable. I even said it was getting nerfed!
    What the hell do you want out of me?
    Last edited by bluedot; 07-21-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Telaran

Nice job! I noticed you prebuffed pillage. Do you use the extended necrosis? Or did you respect out of it because of the bug?

I was very forthcoming with all the information. I am not sure how I can be less manipulating.
    Hell I even said this was not easily repeatable. I even said it was getting nerfed!
    They want blood from Trion and you're the closest turnip.

*waits to see if they get the joke*

Before you say anything understand that this was on a run where our entire goal was maximum DPS, I doubt this is repeatable on a regular basis or on a safe kill. Also this was not a kill, we wiped sub 10% and ran out of raid time. I was going to wait to get a kill parse but we won't do this again if Hammerknell opens. I am confident I would have been within 50 Dps of this, and the raid would have likely been higher due to cooldown timing.

1172 Spell Power
    792 Crit

You could have done more DPS Blue

Next time assign one mage to the standard zoomancer and they're 100% responsible for all stacks of DC and LD
    You and 1-2 others go the 31 Nec/28 Dom/7 Lock spec and LL-Nec-VB spam while keeping up Nec, it's more DPS than the 38/28 zoomancer and you might even do 2k over a kill with it.
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

Rift Chaser

I want you to stick to doing guides, and stop showing manipulative data to prove a point on which you are wrong.

I want you to stick to doing guides, and stop showing manipulative data to prove a point on which you are wrong.
    Data cannot be manipulative, it can just be data. I will continue to post whatever I feel is helpful to the mage community. The purpose of this was to show what is possible and to encourage other guilds and mages to try the same.

He was simply trying to max out HIS PERSONAL dps, and show other mages what can be done.
    Last edited by A Mage; 07-21-2011 at 10:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast