+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chloro/Dom - SO many skills...

Default Chloro/Dom - SO many skills...

I just rolled a chloro/dom, and there's SO many skills. Those of you who've played this build, do you use them all, use one setup to heal and one to dps, or what? (I'll end up 31/31 or 32/32)

I'm concerned about PvP, not PvE...

Z

The Order of the Silver Hand is recruiting! Dayblind - Guardian - www.TheOrderoftheSilverHand.com

Shadowlander

You should ask XiL. It's his favorite PvP spec atm ;)

To be competent at Dom/Chloro you will need to use nearly every skill you have.

Macroing Deny/Nature's Cleansing frees up some space, you can macro your life damage spells if you'd like, even putting Neural Prod at the bottom would work so you could spam 1 button if you wanted for your nukes.

3 fully keybinded hotbars is still not enough space for me. Need to work some keybinds into my setup for that fourth row!

Telaran

Just place a lot in macros...All the energy ones together, all the instants and all the dots and boom...You'll have like 6 buttons on your main bar and all the other ones on upper bars...It's pretty much the easiest spec I've ever played as far as pvp is concerned.
    Veni Vidi Vici.
    "Goddam it, you'll never get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole! Follow me!" -Captain Henry P. Jim Crowe
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by IcanHazWin View Post
    Just place a lot in macros...All the energy ones together, all the instants and all the dots and boom...You'll have like 6 buttons on your main bar and all the other ones on upper bars...It's pretty much the easiest spec I've ever played as far as pvp is concerned.
    You've gotta be joking. You must be one of those Doms that thinks he's good because he's surrounded by terrible people but then gets rolled when the big boys show up.

Too many of our skills are very situational and of too much importance to just throw them willy nilly into a catch all macro.

Soulwalker

I found the easiest way for me to deal with the multitude of spells this spec offers was to was to create three main macros. One when fighting melee, one when fighting casters, and one for general healing. I do have a few others but the most important are these three.

I'm at work so I cant copy and paste em, but in terms of what spells I have in there:

Melee macro spells are Thunder Blast, Storm Shackle, Transference, Void Shroud & Death's Edict

Caster macro spells are Accelerated Decay, Incompetence, Void Shroud & Priest's Lament

Healing macro spells are Ruin, Nature's Fury, Vile Spores & Corrosion (I also have a separate macro for Bloom and Flourish)

I arranged all spells in the macro so that those on the longer CDs get used first. Neural prod at the end of each to spam when I need some quick damage on the move. All other spells not listed in these macros I have bound to seperate keys (well, the important ones anyway, something like Haunting Pain isnt on my bars at all). Also Storm Shackle & Transference have their own keys as well due to how crucial they are. I know it isnt perfect, but its a starting point. I realise that a few of the spells I list in my melee macro can be equally good vs casters and vise versa but I wanted to keep them down to just the most important skills (IMO).
    Last edited by eyedol47; 07-21-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Calibix View Post
    You've gotta be joking. You must be one of those Doms that thinks he's good because he's surrounded by terrible people but then gets rolled when the big boys show up.

Too many of our skills are very situational and of too much importance to just throw them willy nilly into a catch all macro.

Sad to say its easy as ****, if you don't think its easy then you just suck...Of course it depends on the situation but in what pvp spec does NOT depend.....If you really think its not that easy here are my macros.

#show Storm Shackle
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Storm Shackle
    cast Death's Edict
    cast Haunting Pain
    cast Neural Prod

#show Traitorous Influence
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Traitorous Influence
    cast Transference
    cast Incompetence

#show Ruin
    cast Ruin
    cast Thunder Blast
    cast Neural Prod

Cast storm shackle and death then hit them with the energy...Blah blah split if needed...Arresting if its a caster...****S EASY BRO.
    Last edited by IcanHazWin; 07-21-2011 at 09:01 PM.
    Veni Vidi Vici.
    "Goddam it, you'll never get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole! Follow me!" -Captain Henry P. Jim Crowe
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton

Ascendant

these macros dont make any sense why you would cast transference on somebody with traitorus influence on him? if he has no energy how will he use skills to damage himself and everybody around him?
    why stun somebody with storm shackle? you want him running around like a chicken, not stunned immobile.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Rift Disciple

Move your movement keys to esdf og rdfg and bind everything from qaz row to yhn row. Capslock works too, numbers from 1 to 5 or 6 depending on your reach. You need to keybind everything.

The only macros you should consider using are something that lets you cast spells on mouseover, everything else is a waste of space, you will find situations where you will want to use a spell in one of those macros but don't want the macro.

Dominator is not about spamming these newfound OP abilities. You can keep 4-5 people at bay easily if you know how to micro manage your CCs.
    Helgi - Win

Plane Walker

Sad to say its easy as ****, if you don't think its easy then you just suck...Of course it depends on the situation but in what pvp spec does NOT depend.....If you really think its not that easy here are my macros.

#show Storm Shackle
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Storm Shackle
    cast Death's Edict
    cast Haunting Pain
    cast Neural Prod

#show Traitorous Influence
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Traitorous Influence
    cast Transference
    cast Incompetence

#show Ruin
    cast Ruin
    cast Thunder Blast
    cast Neural Prod

Cast storm shackle and death then hit them with the energy...Blah blah split if needed...Arresting if its a caster...****S EASY BRO.
    All i read was that "I waste Abilities on targets that dont require or deserve them" and "I do the same thing in every situation, thus failing if I ever meet sumbody who has a brain", Also from your second macro i got "I use TI on melee", yup super easy

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
    Move your movement keys to esdf og rdfg and bind everything from qaz row to yhn row. Capslock works too, numbers from 1 to 5 or 6 depending on your reach. You need to keybind everything.

The only macros you should consider using are something that lets you cast spells on mouseover, everything else is a waste of space, you will find situations where you will want to use a spell in one of those macros but don't want the macro.

Dominator is not about spamming these newfound OP abilities. You can keep 4-5 people at bay easily if you know how to micro manage your CCs.
    Or use a Xbox controller like me, Many ppl dont like it, but i think its really easy and alot faster then keyboard, But i wouldnt recommend it if your not fast with an 360 controller i.e If you dont excel in games like Street Fighter, MVC3,Tekken, MW's, etc
    Last edited by Queezy; 07-22-2011 at 07:48 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Queezy View Post
    All i read was that "I waste Abilities on targets that dont require or deserve them" and "I do the same thing in every situation, thus failing if I ever meet sumbody who has a brain", Also from your second macro i got "I use TI on melee", yup super easy

You and that other dude got trolled hard...Those macros were posted by some individual (I can't remember the name) but the whole thread people talking about them...I guess you never saw it.
    Veni Vidi Vici.

I use a Zmerc, so have 19 keys close by... still, it's a lot to remember.

Thanks for all the thoughts everyone. I usually don't use macros as I'm not a big fan, but for this build I think I'll macro my dots (except the big one that needs charge) and macro the nukes and go manual with the rest.

I want to be able to situationally use most, because they're so unique. I can see this being tough to learn, but game changing if used right.

Z

The Order of the Silver Hand is recruiting! Dayblind - Guardian - www.TheOrderoftheSilverHand.com

Ascendant

You and that other dude got trolled hard...Those macros were posted by some individual (I can't remember the name) but the whole thread people talking about them...I guess you never saw it.
    so posting stupid thing and being called on it becomes trolling peoples?
    wow you are even able to fail at being a fail troll.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Telaran

The best advice I can give is to find people to duel. It will give you a good idea on ability sequencing.
    You also need to have a good grasp on other classes abilities, and their.
    Knowing if they are likely to have a purge, or dispel ability.

IE throwing a transference into a spell immune rogue can cost you the fight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast