+ Reply to Thread

Thread: couple small changes i wouldnt mind

Default couple small changes i wouldnt mind

i mainly play necro, lock and chloro tree's

these are just some small differences so feel free to add anything resonable

first off the spell Natural Conversion in the chloro tree, has a 1.5 minute cooldown.. to mean a minute and a half os a long friggan cooldown for a mediocre counter, i couldnt understand if were the next 3 casts or something but just one cast? possibly reduce the cooldown to 30 seconds or add how many "conversions" it will make

next, natures cleansing, my god a gcd for one removed debuff? very weak for a support/healing tree
    id take Deny on a 10 second cd anyday, id say make it remove 3 debuffs on a small cooldown or something like it.

next living shell, im not sure if this is meant to be a pve defensive spell for the mana, a 2 minute cooldown for a very small amount of absortion seems a waste?

last but not least in chloro tree vile spores, for a 2 second cast, even with natures corrosion is a very weak spell..... pve healers i cant see using this between ruin, natures fury and void life.. and in PVP its a waste of 2 seconds even if u do get it off. possibly buff its dmg, reduce the cast time or triple its healing output with livegiving veil.

next warlock....

Sez

Someone pass me a club, this dead horse ain't gettin away so easy!
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

.. as for the warlock tree, first off i must say i played a lock in wow and the survivability talents trion threw in to their lock soul was necessary.

however, theres a few talent sim unsure about.

neddras torture has to be the stupidest spell when you look at it altogether.

it does about 2/3 the dmg of countdown in twice the amount of time.
    it adds 3% magic dmg? compared to elementalists 7%?

and on top of both of those its a 1 second cast? something needs to give, wether its the damage, the +% to magic dmg or the cast time. possibly add dispel protection for locks by making neddras torture dmg proc auto crit if dispelled.. who knows...

life leech, here i go again comparing it to other souls but lets compare it to vex
    life leech does a SMALL amount more damage than vex does, trion must want life leech to be a purely pve talent because a 1.5 second cast for a mediocre dot and a weak heal?

vex is isntant and can be specced to heal for 90% of the damage done ???? thats why clerics vex everyone in sight... LL should be instant imo.. lingering pain shoul be rethought out

my last grump is DARK FURY..

never have i needed to but hated to spend talent points... 4 points for a 2.5 second stun? please trion

with a gcd thats about 1 second of uptime after i stun someone. now if that someone so happened to have been hit by some control effect without the past few seconds? my 4 talent points with stun them for a blink of an eye... seriously fix this talent, put it on line with other classes stun lengths

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Someone pass me a club, this dead horse ain't gettin away so easy!
    just slip away out of our forums plz :-P

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Rift Stinker View Post
    neddras torture has to be the stupidest spell when you look at it altogether.

it does about 2/3 the dmg of countdown in twice the amount of time.
    it adds 3% magic dmg? compared to elementalists 7%?

and on top of both of those its a 1 second cast? something needs to give, wether its the damage, the +% to magic dmg or the cast time. possibly add dispel protection for locks by making neddras torture dmg proc auto crit if dispelled.. who knows...

life leech, here i go again comparing it to other souls but lets compare it to vex
    life leech does a SMALL amount more damage than vex does, trion must want life leech to be a purely pve talent because a 1.5 second cast for a mediocre dot and a weak heal?

4 points for a 2.5 second stun? please trion
    Upon expiration Neddra's Torture deals 137 to 141 Death damage to the enemy
    added dmg % + dmg at the end(20secs)

and

Strikes the enemy with dark energies, causing 68 to 72 Death damage and stunning them for 1 second
    dmg + stun every 30 secs.....what are the CDs of other stuns?

Quote Originally Posted by quicklikesloth View Post

dmg + stun every 30 secs.....what are the CDs of other stuns?
    bull rush, specc'ed 3 second stun,15 second cooldown.
    titans strike, 1 min cooldown, aoe stun and **** ton of dmg

paralyizing strike, 4 second stun, no cd and dmg, foul play 4 second stun 30 second cooldown

mental shock, 5 second stun , 20 second cd

should i keep going?
    Last edited by Rift Stinker; 07-21-2011 at 01:45 PM.

and we have to waste 4 talent points on a 2.5 second stun

added dmg % + dmg at the end(20secs)
    the damage it does after 20 seconds is a JOKE

it useless to put on rogues because theyll cleanse soul each encounter.

healers will just dispel it at some point before the 20 seconds

the thing hits for under 400 on high valor players...

20 seconds... and a 1 second cast for 400 dmg? the ability should be looked at

Plane Walker

yeah I play WLock...it's not part of the rotation really
    but think about it..+3%...with how many other dots running and spams of VB? over 20 secs that's + the addded dmg is a kin to another dark touch.(estimate)

and it's not just dmg you deal it's everyones dmg versus that player...plus another thing to dispell

honestly in PvP....I hardly ever even get to cast it....by the time I go through my hurried rotation, I can't even get 50% of the spells I want to cast off anyway.

ie making this stronger will just add confusion, you have to make it better than other options for it to be an option....and then there will be complaints about the spell that it's now better than

as to the stun.....Lock(lock hybrid) has the most used instant spell cast....if there's one mage soul who needs the shortest stun....my vote lock.

yeah I play WLock...it's not part of the rotation really
    but think about it..+3%...with how many other dots running and spams of VB? over 20 secs that's + the addded dmg is a kin to another dark touch.(estimate)

and it's not just dmg you deal it's everyones dmg versus that player...plus another thing to dispell

honestly in PvP....I hardly ever even get to cast it....by the time I go through my hurried rotation, I can't even get 50% of the spells I want to cast off anyway.

ie making this stronger will just add confusion, you have to make it better than other options for it to be an option....and then there will be complaints about the spell that it's now better than

as to the stun.....Lock(lock hybrid) has the most used instant spell cast....if there's one mage soul who needs the shortest stun....my vote lock.
    locks arent very bursty and i see nothing wrong with having a lengthier stun..

our class is meant to kite however wither has a cast time and dark touch is a short stun... thats if the target isnt immune at all, we NEED tools to create distance and yet we dont have them.

+ Reply to Thread