+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage class pets?

Soulwalker

Default Mage class pets?

I play a mage and ive been having some difficulty with my choosing of souls. so im here just wondering if it's essential to havechoosen a soul with a pet in your three soul spec E.G. Necromancer, elementalist. I would love some feedback. thank you. and if it isnt too much trouble i would like you to share your current mage souls for me.
    This is in regards to dungeons and raids not leveling.
    Last edited by Totalmungral; 07-21-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Ascendant

Are you leveling? PvPing? Running dungeons? Raiding? Already level 50?
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Soulwalker

i am currently level 33. PvE mainly. But just wondering if a pets is OP for best dps

Ascendant

The pets scale well and help out a lot. I do believe that the highest DPS builds for mages all have pets.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Telaran

Most folks have builds with pets. For me they just provide that bit of protection so i can cast my spells without interruption. I have however tried some builds without pets and its so much easier to die that way

Angry

Why doesn't stormcaller have pets? They should be the ones calling wind and lightning entities to their side, not frilly elementalists
    Last edited by Belterra; 07-21-2011 at 11:33 AM.

You need to look for shortcomings in yourself before you look for them in others. Otherwise, you're just a fat bluff and your word means nothing.

For solo pet is the way to go. But dungeon and raid they are rather pointless. Mage pets die fast in them.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Romiz View Post
    For solo pet is the way to go. But dungeon and raid they are rather pointless. Mage pets die fast in them.
    I agree with you here. I have a build it does have a pet but its just there to be sucked for mana the rest of my points are for dps

Ascendant

I have moved very much away from pets with all my classes. They tag stuff and really after a certain level contribute nothing unless you choose to level in that discipline. I go with Archon as a pref cus you get your strength from doing damage. I then have Pyro for the fast end burst as a finisher and Dominator for polymorph... Sorry.. still polymorph to me. I rarely pick up damage and am more in control of mobs. And later when you lose the pet anyway you're better skilled up and prepared.

Same goes for Druid.. just dump the silly fairy. Tags everything as you run through areas and absolutlely useless later unless you level Druid.

I play solo PvE generally all the time and was getting real annoyed with Pyro till I mixed it as suggested with Archon and Dom.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Romiz View Post
    This is competely flase lol, the best mage dps builds, SC/ELE, NECRO/LOCK, PYRO/ELE, ZOOMANCER, all have pets that are key to dps and my pets live through every raid encounter that I live through

Quote Originally Posted by Osculim View Post
    I agree with you here. I have a build it does have a pet but its just there to be sucked for mana the rest of my points are for dps
    Yeah with my necro/lock pet does not attack just there for mana pool.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by Osculim View Post
    When they start casting that AOE spell that will damage a Melee.. You click on that little button that makes him run back to you... or you use your keybinding (or the default one Trion gives you). Pet survives every time.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
    It is difficult to argue with a whole generation of self entitled petulant children with a battle cry taken from Veruca Salt.

+ Reply to Thread