+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: hidden nerf in hotfix #12

  1. #1
    Plane Touched Valentr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    210

    Default hidden nerf in hotfix #12

    i was using since last week pyro-ele in t2 dungeon runs. till yesterday i was pulling 830+ dps in each boss at least. today, i just entered the game but it seems my dps drop about 200dps to 630dps max. i'm using same rotation same buffs same group at the same boss. this is impossible.

    note: fireball's crit rate seems über low even though i spec'd it and i have %31 crit on me already. anyone else noticed this?
    used to be a proud member of Rift Runners till madness took over.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Pooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    139

    Default

    I was thinking the same thing. I don't track my numbers with a meter, so none of the information is logged. But, it did seem to me that my spells were not hitting as hard as the previous day (before the patch). My SC spells also appeared to being doing less damage than before the patch.

    I don't want to seem paranoid, but it appears to me that something has changed with the way Mage spell damage is being calculated.




    Where did I put my tinfoil hat?
    Last edited by Pooky; 07-21-2011 at 06:53 AM.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker Filth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    The only thing i could thing of is the change to crit having a soft and hard cap

  4. #4
    Plane Touched Valentr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I don't track my numbers with a meter, so none of the information is logged. But, it did seem to me that my spells were not hitting as hard as the previous day (before the patch). My SC spells also appeared to being doing less damage than before the patch.

    I don't want to seem paranoid, but it appears to me that something has changed with the way Mage spell damage is being calculated.
    I use parser. There's a clear difference in numbers. VERY big difference. I'm not being paranoid here.
    used to be a proud member of Rift Runners till madness took over.

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valentr View Post
    I use parser. There's a clear difference in numbers. VERY big difference. I'm not being paranoid here.
    Post breakdowns for both parses please.
    www.maximation.us
    #1 Guardian raiding guild. Check us out if you think you have what it takes!

    -Opi & Opii @ Shatterbone

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Pooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valentr View Post
    I use parser. There's a clear difference in numbers. VERY big difference. I'm not being paranoid here.

    Good to know I wasn't imagining things. Thanks.

  7. #7
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    I was hitting the dummy last night and saw a decrease. I don't have have a before and after parse to show, but I was parsing more or less 15% less playing around with a Pyro spec. It may be that I was tired and lissed something, or there may be a bug in this last hotfix.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 07-21-2011 at 07:14 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Valentr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by opaque View Post
    Post breakdowns for both parses please.
    i don't know how to export from atc (tried but failed) and i also don't know how to see yesterday's parse. but i took SS from current one:
    http://postimage.org/image/f60tbhes/

    as you can see my dps was up all through the fight but the low dps doesn't make any sense to me.
    Last edited by Valentr; 07-21-2011 at 07:28 AM.
    used to be a proud member of Rift Runners till madness took over.

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valentr View Post
    i don't know how to export from atc (tried but failed) and i also don't know how to see yesterday's parse. but i took SS from current one:
    http://postimage.org/image/f60tbhes/

    as you can see my dps was up all through the fight but the low dps doesn't make any sense to me.
    Breakdown of your abilities (damage out)
    www.maximation.us
    #1 Guardian raiding guild. Check us out if you think you have what it takes!

    -Opi & Opii @ Shatterbone

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Are we talking about Pyro only? I have SC parses from last week and this week that don't show any difference. In fact, my average damage on Alsbeth was considerably higher this week, and I don't *think* I changed any gear. (And I got killed twice this week by people not moving, so I was even missing buffs)
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

  11. #11
    Plane Touched Valentr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by opaque View Post
    Breakdown of your abilities (damage out)
    http://postimage.org/image/2w6m01szo/

    1021 sp -- before 5x pillage after self buffs
    669 sc

    Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    Are we talking about Pyro only? I have SC parses from last week and this week that don't show any difference. In fact, my average damage on Alsbeth was considerably higher this week, and I don't *think* I changed any gear. (And I got killed twice this week by people not moving, so I was even missing buffs)
    I don't mean this week. I mean today. Change happened today.
    Last edited by Valentr; 07-21-2011 at 07:44 AM.
    used to be a proud member of Rift Runners till madness took over.

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valentr View Post

    I don't mean this week. I mean today. Change happened today.
    The hotfix was yesterday. We cleared GSB and RoS last night. My numbers from last night were higher than my numbers from last week.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    The hotfix was yesterday. We cleared GSB and RoS last night. My numbers from last night were higher than my numbers from last week.
    What spec were you using?

    My Necro/Lock dps seems unchanged. My Pyro dps seems a bit lower.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    What spec were you using?

    My Necro/Lock dps seems unchanged. My Pyro dps seems a bit lower.
    SC, which is why I asked if we're only talking about Pyro.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

  15. #15
    Plane Touched Valentr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    The hotfix was yesterday. We cleared GSB and RoS last night. My numbers from last night were higher than my numbers from last week.
    I don't know about that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    What spec were you using?

    My Necro/Lock dps seems unchanged. My Pyro dps seems a bit lower.
    I only played pyro today. Pyro dps has a significant drop.

    Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    SC, which is why I asked if we're only talking about Pyro.
    Yep. Pyro.
    used to be a proud member of Rift Runners till madness took over.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts