+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyrodom stdps?

Shadowlander

Default Pyrodom stdps?

Hey guys, I'm a long time SC/ele for aoe and pyro/ele for st player, but the spec I've recently been using for stdps is one I've not seen on the forums before and seems to work ok - 38pyro/28dom/0archon.
    It's got insane burst if you pop split personality and heat wave at the same time, but I usually pop them one after the other for a more steady dps. Admittedly there's a slight lull while waiting for CDs again but at least there's a good charge dump in internalize charge. I spent an afternoon parsing all sorts of self buffed builds on the dummy and this came out top for me at 1026 over 5min. Full T2, shoes from prince, 1000sp, 650-700sc unbuffed.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...zxs.RsiubkoMbz

I just wondered if any of the more advanced mages wanted to test this out, see if it's worth my sticking with it or if pyro/ele scales better (I've tried and dislike any necro builds so am not going there!). Been fun to try this one even if it turns out not the greatest.

Thanks.

Quick Edit: got 1170ish on Oracle with this which is my best so far too...
    Last edited by Megadron; 07-21-2011 at 01:18 AM.

1) what is your exact rotation?
    2) from what I understand, your "dps" depends on split personally which is getting nerfed in 1.4?
    used to be a proud member of Rift Runners till madness took over.

Prophet of Telara

Seems to parse about the same or slightly worse than pyro/ele, with the added downside of having to move into melee range when popping cd's. I don't like it.

Champion

This build is worse than Pyro/Ele and...

Quote Originally Posted by Valentr View Post
    2) from what I understand, your "dps" depends on split personally which is getting nerfed in 1.4?
    Link?
    Last edited by woopedazz; 07-21-2011 at 01:24 AM.

Shadowlander

1) usual pyro rotation:
    Ground of power, fireball all the time with cinderburst, flame bolt, inferno (not on dummy) on CD. Use internalize charge when at 80-90, and if low just try to switch on/off for cinderburst. Pop split personality before insta-cast to get pets attacking quickly.
    Get full charge, use trinket (glob), one flame bolt, heat wave, fireball spam.
    Back to usual pyro spam.

2) ah, that I did not know.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadron View Post
    1) usual pyro rotation:
    Ground of power, fireball all the time with cinderburst, flame bolt, inferno (not on dummy) on CD. Use internalize charge when at 80-90, and if low just try to switch on/off for cinderburst. Pop split personality before insta-cast to get pets attacking quickly.
    Get full charge, use trinket (glob), one flame bolt, heat wave, fireball spam.
    Back to usual pyro spam.

2) ah, that I did not know.
    Pyro Ele will out-dps that with same rotation bc you get faster charge and more crit damage basically...

Quote Originally Posted by woopedazz View Post
    Link?
    check the patch notes & thread on 1.4.
    used to be a proud member of Rift Runners till madness took over.

Champion

check the patch notes & thread on 1.4.
    I think you should be the one doing that.

Shadowlander

...you get faster charge and more crit damage basically...
    I realise that, but I'm just saying it came out higher on the dummies for me despite its shortcomings. Was hoping somebody would test it too, but I guess if split personality is being nerfed then it'll be back to pyro/ele anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by woopedazz View Post
    Have you tried it or just speculating? This worked for me, but I'll go back and parse them both again - maybe I got unlucky on crits for pyro/ele...

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Megadron View Post
    I realise that, but I'm just saying it came out higher on the dummies for me despite its shortcomings. Was hoping somebody would test it too, but I guess if split personality is being nerfed then it'll be back to pyro/ele anyway...

Have you tried it or just speculating? This worked for me, but I'll go back and parse them both again - maybe I got unlucky on crits for pyro/ele...
    Can't you read? I answered this in the 3rd post in your thread. It's been parsed, and it's no better than pyro/ele, with additional drawbacks.

Ascendant

only for pvp - this is a pve spec, isnt it?
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    Can't you read? I answered this in the 3rd post in your thread. It's been parsed, and it's no better than pyro/ele, with additional drawbacks.
    Nice Kazzin. I did read your comment yes. Did you parse them at BiS? Your source? Sorry if it's common knowledge, but I only found one post with both parses and they come out the same dps and that wasn't with super gear.
    I just reparsed and they came out exactly the same. You're very right about the drawbacks, but I wondered about scaling. Does Ele win just because of more and more bigger crits?

Prophet of Telara

I don't know why it wins. Probably the synergy between imp. fireball & tempest, and heatweave and IE, and a 150 dps pet.
    Last edited by Kazzin; 07-21-2011 at 12:30 PM.

Sounds interesting, I'll have to give it a try. Certainly all the stuns available Pyro adding to the CC of Dom could be very useful.

+ Reply to Thread